Glass Cannon Vs Weaknesses?

DarrelC

Diabloii.Net Member
Glass Cannon Vs Weaknesses?

I currently have a pvp glass cannon amazon , bowa / jav hybrid. Got about all the gear I need except all the charms.

Now to my understanding many classes have an extremly difficult time if not possibe time dueling other classes, but I have a question on how to deal with 2 classes while being a glass cannon.

First would be the Summoning Necro /w bone spells or the Elemental Druid with summons... any suggestions? Clearly guided arrows are pretty much negated due to all the summons. I find myself mostly multishotting which kills the weaker pub players. I am hybrid with LF but I haven't really had much of a chance trying to use it plus I don't have all the syns for it since I'm hybrid. Any suggestions on how to approach this? I think one time someone suggested strafing but I dunno if i'd last that long. These classes usually just port on me and tank me.

Second would be Charging Paladins. I find myself just standing still and tanking them with my guided missles. Running seems fruitless since they just name lock you. I haven't gotten all my rw charms so I can't desync yet. Will this even help a lot vs a chargedin that has you namelocked? I think there was a thread similar to this with desynching vs charge... but please leave your thoughts. (Side note my dodge is about 9 and evade 14 with + skills)

Is it possible to beat those classes as a glass cannon? What would be the best ways of approaching it. I'd toss in the auradin in my weakness also but I don't think that's even worth asking about.

-Lightavalon

/w *darksorrow29

zeiris

Diabloii.Net Member
In my experience, glass cannon = town portal zon. On the one hand, you're unkillable, on the other hand you're not really "dueling".

You could try exploiting puddles to make a charger's job a bit harder... but really, there's not much hope. Smiters scared my zon, and she wasn't a glass cannon =(

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
I currently have a pvp glass cannon amazon , bowa / jav hybrid. Got about all the gear I need except all the charms.

Now to my understanding many classes have an extremly difficult time if not possibe time dueling other classes, but I have a question on how to deal with 2 classes while being a glass cannon.

First would be the Summoning Necro /w bone spells or the Elemental Druid with summons... any suggestions? Clearly guided arrows are pretty much negated due to all the summons. I find myself mostly multishotting which kills the weaker pub players. I am hybrid with LF but I haven't really had much of a chance trying to use it plus I don't have all the syns for it since I'm hybrid. Any suggestions on how to approach this? I think one time someone suggested strafing but I dunno if i'd last that long. These classes usually just port on me and tank me.

Second would be Charging Paladins. I find myself just standing still and tanking them with my guided missles. Running seems fruitless since they just name lock you. I haven't gotten all my rw charms so I can't desync yet. Will this even help a lot vs a chargedin that has you namelocked? I think there was a thread similar to this with desynching vs charge... but please leave your thoughts. (Side note my dodge is about 9 and evade 14 with + skills)

Is it possible to beat those classes as a glass cannon? What would be the best ways of approaching it. I'd toss in the auradin in my weakness also but I don't think that's even worth asking about.

-Lightavalon

/w *darksorrow29
I have a glass canon zon. She does better than I thought, but prepare to get owned frequently. I recommend 7fpa, 7+k ga with no psn, kb zon with max block + etitan / lacerator switch. More frw the better.

Summoner necs, you will never win. Glass canon bowers are one of the few chars nec summoners can absolutely dominate. Don't even try. Give up.

Windies are quiet easy if nonblock. Multi / GA till they get about 2~3 screen near you, then shift strafe. lvl 1 strafe absolutely pwns windies. If you get in the hurricane range, do not try to hold the strafelock, just run back + strafe again. Remember to use shift when attacking. Strafe > minions. Druid might still maintain his momentum and manage to telejump you before getting in a fhr lock, which is death for you due to Hurricane. Make sure you use decoy some distance away from you, high chance confusing Druid. This works with blockers, just a bit harder.

Against melee paladins using Charge / Smite / etc., spam ga, switch to 75% ctb on switch, go in walk mode, and lf + walk + lf + walk. Try to get a etitan's for it. 4k+ LF (mostly physical) still can kill smiters and such if you managed to lower their life with ga's before. Once they're in ur screen, thats all you can do, you're still at severe disadvantage. but Block + decent LF does a great job.

Auradins are near impossible like summoner necs. Aura pulses you can't avoid. Damn big range too.

1 pt on Strafe. It is much more helpful against windies, nova sorcs, hybrid sins, opponents with low def and need to get close for attack, than ga / multi.

Also another idea is equipping Enigma. Ofcourse, losing the 300% of fort for tele is against the idea of glass canon, but I recently found out how helpful even an extreme slow tele can be in situations.

extreme builds against bowers;

tele barb
summoner nec
nova sorc
melee paly
other bowers who is build more like a tank
trappers or ww or hybrid (z.o.m.g.h.a.r.d.)
and a lot more... as you'll see... like auradins... grief hdins... light sorcs using cs... any char using doom...

lol. goodluck. hopefully i didnt discourage you.

on a brighter note, this makes a crazy tvt build. get a hdin and a bvc or somethin to protect you and you'll just kill so much.

blobswannabe

Diabloii.Net Member
Bowzons are one of the worst 1on1 builds glass cannon or not. However, they take little to no skill to be very effective in teams. You should have at least 1.4k life and after you get boed by teammates you'll have enough life to tank a lot of builds.

DarrelC

Diabloii.Net Member
Tele Barb doesn't seem to really give me trouble cause I switch to Titans which gives me massive rw with my charms... my issue though is when they telelock me. Trappers don't give me trouble at all , unless they mindblast lock me. Thanks for all your suggestions though I haven't previously used strafe.

And yeah in tvt I'm a monster lol.

-Lightavalon

/w *darksorrow29

DarrelC

Diabloii.Net Member
Bowzons are one of the worst 1on1 builds glass cannon or not. However, they take little to no skill to be very effective in teams. You should have at least 1.4k life and after you get boed by teammates you'll have enough life to tank a lot of builds.
I dunno if I would say they are one of the worst. I find myself beating 90% of the sorcs out there... ES CS ones beating me. Mostly just some windys and chargedins that beat me.

blobswannabe

Diabloii.Net Member
I dunno if I would say they are one of the worst. I find myself beating 90% of the sorcs out there... ES CS ones beating me. Mostly just some windys and chargedins that beat me.
Assuming equal skill and gear obviously. Noobs tal sorcs who can't nl for **** will obviously lose to most bow zons. I've cleared pubs with fire sin,fire druid,rabies druid, poison java before that doesn't mean they are effective builds. The fact is only noobs or even more underpowered chars(werewolves) lose to bowzons. At a certain point it doesn't matter how good the zon is, the outcome of the duel is always decided by the skill level of their opponents. In otherwords not even the best zons can do much against good opponents.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Tele Barb doesn't seem to really give me trouble cause I switch to Titans which gives me massive rw with my charms... my issue though is when they telelock me. Trappers don't give me trouble at all , unless they mindblast lock me. Thanks for all your suggestions though I haven't previously used strafe.

-Lightavalon

/w *darksorrow29
Titan's only give 20 frw, which will be nothing due to diminishing returns if you really stacked frw from charms. First of all, what kind of tele barb wouldn't tele lock / tele extremely near you? and you've obviously haven't faced 40% fcr bvc's. I can tell you right now, bvc's are one of the hardest opponent to beat as a max dmg bower. They will smash your face in. :tongue: BvB's with their slow tele you have a high chance of outrunning. Trappers can be alright if you can kill em before you get in their mb range. but what kind of trappers wouldn't mblock you?

DarrelC said:
you get used to blob's little exaggerations after awhile. he speaks truth, with some hyperbole.

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member

-Lightavalon

/w *darksorrow29
So basically you're admitting to dueling retards who have no idea what to do?

"unless they mindblast lock me"

Please, even crap sins stunlock people...you must be facing a monkey with a computer or some such..

Rabbitz

Diabloii.Net Member
So basically you're admitting to dueling new people who have no idea what to do?

Please, even new sins stunlock people...you must be facing a small child with a computer or some such..
Corrected it for you there.

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
Corrected it for you there.
Small children can have some inherent dexterity and might be able to use a keyboard and mous correctly. A monkey on the other hand will most likely have less co-ordination with a keyboard and mouse...

Rabbitz

Diabloii.Net Member
Small children can have some inherent dexterity and might be able to use a keyboard and mous correctly. A monkey on the other hand will most likely have less co-ordination with a keyboard and mouse...
*sight*

My point was just, you could have been a little bit nice :p

Fear Before

Diabloii.Net Member
this kinda thread makes me think it would be cool for someone to put together a huge rock paper scissors sheet of pvp.. would be a huge project imo but might answer a lot of questions on the forums.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
this kinda thread makes me think it would be cool for someone to put together a huge rock paper scissors sheet of pvp.. would be a huge project imo but might answer a lot of questions on the forums.
not possible, because that would result in enraging posters talking about how they think this > that but some say that > this while some ppl go "flaming's stupid lets stop guys" which will have no effect whatsoever and then bvc's will get up there and then ppl be like any > elementals with sorb and... stuff. :tongue:

Fear Before

Diabloii.Net Member
hehe yeah, but it would also help in a lot of ways. it's not quite rock paper scissors in that there's a class type that 100% of the time beats another, but there could be some crazy chart like wind druid>bone nec>bowazon..
but then again there are so many issues like gear and skill it would be so hard. i'm just talking my head in circles.. what i'm getting at is... what does a trapper/(ww/kicker) hybrid own?

Rabbitz

Diabloii.Net Member
hehe yeah, but it would also help in a lot of ways. it's not quite rock paper scissors in that there's a class type that 100% of the time beats another, but there could be some crazy chart like wind druid>bone nec>bowazon..
but then again there are so many issues like gear and skill it would be so hard. i'm just talking my head in circles.. what i'm getting at is... what does a trapper/(ww/kicker) hybrid own?
Quite alot. But im biased.

Fear Before

Diabloii.Net Member
hehe well i'm thinking of making one but i'm quite out of date. coming back from about a 3 year stint, quite unfortunate. i'm not quite back in the dueling scene but it's a little depressing getting one shotted by desynching paladins every 30 seconds.. i'm a bowazon atm..yes, a glass cannon.. had a lot more fun with my old one back in the day. someone stole my name too!! grrr

DarrelC

Diabloii.Net Member
So basically you're admitting to dueling retards who have no idea what to do?

Please, even crap sins stunlock people...you must be facing a monkey with a computer or some such..
I'm sorry but I don't control who the people are in the games I duel in. The point I was trying to make is that I very rarely die to a trapsin and when I do it is from mindblast namelock(which also rarely happens) I mean feel free to make the point that "than you've only been dueling noobs" but I don't know a ton of trappers I just duel what people have or what friends from the dii channel have on east.

-Lightavalon

/w *Darksorrow29