Glass cannon idea's

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
Glass cannon idea's

Being terribly bored, I wanted to figure out something that would be a fun little idea....currently toying with a barb using the following;

Eth driver
Angelics
Amazon armour (+crit basically)
+3 zerk helm (Ias/2x amnithist)
Ik belt/boots/gloves
As many +str charms as I can get my hands on.

Basically I boiled the math down...if I went with pure vit and str bugs I'd be putting out 1400 pvp damage on the swing, non crit. Ofcourse not having a sheild and having to use zerk make this completely unfeaseable, as when something counter attacks me I will die.

And since that's pointless, if I went balls out +str (since the vit won't make a difference) I'd end up with something in the area of 2.3kpvp damage (non crit)

When I plug in the same numbers with whirlwind (which ofcourse functions nicer)I get the abysmally low 312/600...Which will most likely not kill a target in one pass

Just throwing out idea's. Feel free to add your own. I'm thinking something relatively disposable because having 700 life and a 2k+ payload might make me a little braver than I should be.

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Being terribly bored, I wanted to figure out something that would be a fun little idea....currently toying with a barb using the following;

Eth driver
Angelics
Amazon armour (+crit basically)
+3 zerk helm (Ias/2x amnithist)
Ik belt/boots/gloves
As many +str charms as I can get my hands on.

Basically I boiled the math down...if I went with pure vit and str bugs I'd be putting out 1400 pvp damage on the swing, non crit. Ofcourse not having a sheild and having to use zerk make this completely unfeaseable, as when something counter attacks me I will die.

And since that's pointless, if I went balls out +str (since the vit won't make a difference) I'd end up with something in the area of 2.3kpvp damage (non crit)

When I plug in the same numbers with whirlwind (which ofcourse functions nicer)I get the abysmally low 312/600...Which will most likely not kill a target in one pass

Just throwing out idea's. Feel free to add your own. I'm thinking something relatively disposable because having 700 life and a 2k+ payload might make me a little braver than I should be.

um what lvl is this? if you're using eth steel in the 3x range i can't see how 2k pvp is possible. Thats saying you've got 12k listed dmg which my 85 botd gpole barb barely has.

If you're counting the 2k pvp after the crit thats still 6k listed, which I'm still having a hard time seeing.

I fought a 39 zerk barb fully geared with my 35 hammerdin, was an easy ear.

Maybe someone else will have a positive feedback for ya :)

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
Maybe my math sucks (which I wouldnt doubt).

iirc it's Base wepon damage + Str bonus (110% from maces. nearly 440% if I have everything where I want it) + Skill modifier.

500 damage wepon + 450% damage + Berserk modifier (With what I'd want, +5 to combat skills via IK boots + BC+ good helm)...Though again it could be completely off. It sounded pretty reasonable when I ran the same idea on a paladin.

The idea comes from the ridiculous amount of +str which I believe may prove correct. I need to find a character editor to test...or atleast a formula that's confirmed.

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Maybe my math sucks (which I wouldnt doubt).

iirc it's Base wepon damage + Str bonus (110% from maces. nearly 440% if I have everything where I want it) + Skill modifier.

500 damage wepon + 450% damage + Berserk modifier (With what I'd want, +5 to combat skills via IK boots + BC+ good helm)...Though again it could be completely off. It sounded pretty reasonable when I ran the same idea on a paladin.

The idea comes from the ridiculous amount of +str which I believe may prove correct. I need to find a character editor to test...or atleast a formula that's confirmed.

I dunno, I don't do the math personally anyways i'm too lazy :) Just that 12k listed dmg on a 35 would be something impressive :)

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Lvl 30 Zerk dmg will be about 2.0k-3.8k listed with sharp charms.

Lvl 30 WW dmg will be about 1.2k-2.1k listed.

Lvl 34 WW dmg (upped eth Steel now) will be about 2.2k-4.2k listed.

I'd probably go with the 34 WW build. (IIRC, sip had quite a bit of success with his 34 eth upped Steel build, but he probably went vit over str).