Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Give me ur strategy vs smiters

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Rothe, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Rothe

Rothe IncGamers Member

Give me ur strategy vs smiters

hi, i play a rabies/fury hybrid.

i have about 30k ar.

vs smiter i use botd gpa + CoA Ber Ber.
    i have the 86 fhr breakpoint, too.

but most time i loose, what is wrong?

i cast wolves, ravens, wait for his charge and starts shift-fury.

Plz tell me what i am doing wrong.

2. SpaceFalcon

SpaceFalcon IncGamers Member

Strategy, it depends i've beaten paladins with godly items which they ebayed or bought. But they plain out suck and spam one skill.

Try to ware down your summons for as long as possible and tear him up while trying to hit recover. (Probably wont work don't know.)

3. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

mmmmm ive gone the rabie's way too deal with smiter's

Try too get up too 46k - 48k rabie's

I use ebotdz+ ss , that way i can at least block there charge

Keep a d web+ 20/-20 pd moncarch on switch

Key too biting them is too never name lock them more then 3 second's with rabies.

Instead run too paladin get off a quick rabie name lock and bite , if you miss run back few feet then retry.

I then do the dweb switch trick and go back too ebotdz+ss then star walking , when they charge i try too do a few shift+fury then continue walking.

This technique will kill most smiter's unless they super stack with poison res too negate your -pd.

4. Zabo

Zabo IncGamers Member

A lot of the fight in anti pally is range, and hoping he doesn't desynch you with charge. If he does, eh, it can still be done, but it just becomes more difficult to anticipate when to start running. Really, the only things you have in your favor are AR/life/range. Use them. But at the same time don't expect to be able to tank, smite still hurts. Really, becoming a master of shifting fury and running off is the only way to stand a chance.

5. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

Wear angelics combo to get your AR very high. I'm pure Fury for the time being. Basically I notice three major strategies smiters use.

Shift/Smite - easiest way to win is against these guys. Simply stand outside of their low smite range and Shift/Fury

Charger - Chargers try and put you in FHR before smiting. This is the hardest for me, but during charge they are defenseless so Shift/Fury as soon as you hear the Charge sound effect. You have to be VERY quick about it. If you're knocked back try and run away out of smite range and try again

This last one I notice the most I think... They merely chase you, but usually do not use Charge in fear of Charge lock happening. Stay running but let them catch up enough to be able to Smite, but miss because you run just out of there range. Here you have a very short window of time, but in their mid-Smite, Shift/Fury as soon as you can. Exile smiters have huge defense so you're not going to hit everytime. If you miss then run and try again. Since sacrificing Highlords for Angelics does mean your Deadly Strike is low to none it will take a few hits.

6. Zebby

Zebby IncGamers Member

I agree with kiba.

Eventually they will get decently smart and figgure out to charge you..
    IF you go 2 handed.. even with max DR... lvl 1 charge with a grief will kill you very very fast. You may get lucky the odd time and get that hit in and kill them. But on average the'll come out ontop

Rabies makes short work of them.

7. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Using the terrain is also good to do. And when you shift fury and see that theyve come into range, turn around and start doing it again after youve furyed them once. No matter if you hit them or not. No tanking or anything. Fury being interruptable is really huge nerf factor.

8. MortIIs

MortIIs IncGamers Member

high range 2 handed weapon like tomb or botd pole, shift fury. It works most of the times.

9. olwe

olwe IncGamers Member

What do people think of using cleglaw's gloves for the slow effect?

10. remsy

remsy Banned

Use clegs for the knockback first before the slow. It always surprises the hell out of them. Then let your godly ravens do the rest(I know you know what I mean Olwe).

But seriously, as a rabies/fury wolf, I try to bite them first. If I miss, run off then try again.
    Next I see how badly rabies is affecting them and whether they use lifetap. With no life tap, I shift+fury.
    With life tap, I take them on a trip around the level and then shift+fury every once in a awhile and hope they charge right into it.

The other bonus of rabies is if you get them with rabies while they were charging, they can't charge anymore.

11. olwe

olwe IncGamers Member

Guess I really need to remake Olwe as a hybrid wolf... I've got that 4 facet monarch and dweb just sitting there gathering dust :laugh:

12. MortIIs

MortIIs IncGamers Member

I consider cleglaw's bm

13. remsy

remsy Banned

Smiters who enter melee duels are bm.
    Infact, I consider the whole smiter build to be bm as to be a 'good' smiter on ladder is to be bm.

14. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

Cleglaws is wack. I wouldn't count on such a noob tactic like "slows target" for any duel.