Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Give me ONE reason to mf pindle

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by aimson, Feb 26, 2004.

1. aimson

aimson IncGamers Member

Give me ONE reason to mf pindle

If you said: "to get items," ERRR! wrong! try again...

I have done 700 pindle runs with a javazon with 380 mf and I haven't gotten a single thing worth more than hel rune. Even at 30 seconds a run, thats 350 minutes, or almost 6 hours of pure mfing. Not to mention it's boring as hell. Just for comparison, I did one solo 8-player cow run and got more than I got in all 700 pindle runs (verdungos, +1 elemental/18 life gc, & lum).

I understand about persistence and hard work and blah blah blah. 700 runs to me is a complete waste of my time. If anybody can give me a better estimate of how many runs it will take to get ANYTHING good, please feel free to. Otherwise, I think I'll just go mf norm pindle 700 times and get just as much as I did in 700 hell pindle runs. Forgive me for ranting but I'm fed up with this crap.

2. fiend!

fiend! Banned

Well don't run him. Haha...if I ran even one hundred runs without an item I wanted I'd stop. Run the pits. On my first nite of the Pit [15 runs] I found Mavinas armor and Skullders.

Screw Pindle. I hear he ain't that great anymore anyways. I dunno if that's true.

3. AwesomeDude

AwesomeDude IncGamers Member

It's random. Completely based on luck. A couple days ago I did nothing but MF. I got a Valor my 4th run, nothing for another 400 or so, then an ist rune and Shadow Dancers, and nothing the rest of the day.

4. aimson

aimson IncGamers Member

Wow, I envy you. Actually I am used to running 8-player pits but I didn't get anything from my last dozens of runs. I agree that pits are still the best place to mf but I wanted to just try out pindle to see what all the fuss is about. BIG MISTAKE.

5. aimson

aimson IncGamers Member

Well, just to gloat....

I did 14 meph runs and found HoZ!! I can't believe it, after 3 days of straight pindleskinning, I do meph for 15 minutes and get hoz. Suck my d**k pindle.

6. moi

moi IncGamers Member

nothing in 6 hours? ehh, slightly bad luck spree. work harder, longer, faster, yadda yadda......

7. steve2677

steve2677 IncGamers Member

I agree with the pindle can go suck a duck. I find most of my high stuff from diablo runs and countess....YES countess i did some runs earlier and got 3 hels 2 io and occ in about an hr or so and i didnt do her for mf. :D

8. aimson

aimson IncGamers Member

Well I just wanted to update my meph running. 31 runs gave me 194% hoz, alma negra, gull dagger, and occy. 31 runs!!!!! I'll leave it up to you to decide what's better, mephisto or pindle(fore)skin.

On the other hand, I am tempted to be stubborn and keep doing pindle, especially seeing as I've already gotten my azz kicked by him. I just don't understand how others can get stuff from him while I can't for the life of me. I'm determined to prove the pindlegods wrong and I will get something, even if it takes me 2000 runs. In the meantime I've got my shrine and prayer mat all set up...

9. phooker51

phooker51 IncGamers Member

There are a few reasons to run pindle:

1. He's accessible
    2. He can drop every item in the game with a few unspectacular exceptions
    3. You can kill him quick

I vaguely recall an estimate that theoretically, it takes somewhere around 500 runs to see a set or unique that meph can't drop. If you want the basic goodies (shako, ss, rainbow facets, jewelry, occy, shaft, etc) then meph is a much better choice. If you already have those and are looking for a 'decent' shot at items meph can't drop (tal armor, death's fathom, nightwing, ik armor, death cleaver etc) then pindle is a good choice. Of course, plenty of people have found the pit and other tc985 more profitable, but it varies.

Either way, it's all about patience and luck.

10. Rascargil

Rascargil IncGamers Member

why not include eldritch and shenk? they're practically together during beer nights.

11. c64flash

c64flash IncGamers Member

:drink:
    Yep, and join them, since they enjoy a game of poker too !

12. MadTexan

MadTexan IncGamers Member

Eldritch and Shenk

With a 413MF trapsin I've run the Pit, the Mausoleum and the Ancient Tunnels over and over and over and found a lot of rares but nothing to get jazzed about. In fact, the only times I've found something of reasonable value (Titan's Revenge, Tal's helmet, M'avina's armor, Visceratuant) it came from Dark Elder in the Lost City (on the way to the Ancient Tunnels) or from Eldritch or Shenk. It all comes down to luck in the end regardless of MF.

13. craggo

craggo IncGamers Member

well i did about a 1000 pindle runs and found all sorts, tals armour, 2 tal amulets, several skillers and a fair amount more. my sorc mfs with 520mf, so it seems it does make a difference...

14. rhettmatic

rhettmatic IncGamers Member

the last couple of days Ive been doing countless eldritch/pindle/thresh socket runs (643 mf sorc) and have got absolutely nothing. I think thresh only dropped one unique the whole time. Looks like i'm stickin to meph runs, since he's dropped me ss, hoz, shako, and more the last week or two

15. MadTexan

And the moral of the story is?

And the moral of the story is? Simple. LUCK is a major factor in the drops regardless of MF and who you run against.

16. harsh

harsh IncGamers Member

over time ( very long time) i have found many good elites:
    WF
    Ik armor
    trang belt
    valor SS
    etc...

its all luck

17. c64flash

Offcourse luck is a big factor, but won't you kick yourslef when a monster drops a normal Laquered plate that had a much bigger change to be Tal's Armour had you worn more MF gear ?

18. MadTexan

First laquered plate has to be selected for drop before the MF can even come into play, right? That's where luck is the primary factor. All the MF in the world won't help you if the right items are selected for drop.

19. c64flash

:scratch: That's what I said, didn't I ?

20. illa

illa IncGamers Member

I find plenty of stuff there but then again I do around 200 runs a week. Got CoA, full gris set, ravenlore, several storms, mavinas armor and alotta other **** this week... btw if it takes you 30 seconds then its going a little slow ;) takes like 20-25 secs with my sorc to do one run.