Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Give away stash

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Zertuals_Ovrlrd, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Zertuals_Ovrlrd IncGamers Member

Give away stash

I'm thinking about starting a give away stash. That is, putting all my excess set and unique items into an ATMA stash, and then sending it out to people, via e-mail, for them to pick what they need.

I'm looking from some feedback. Do you think it is a good idea? Would you send me donations to add to the give away stash? Do you have any concerns?

I would need supplies from other forum members, as my entire SP d2 career was only able to add about 100 items :uhhuh: (Though, now, I will start picking up every green and gold). With more people sending stuff to me, I would be able to send the stash out more often.

One of my main concerns is duping. But, as with everything else, we'll just have to trust that nothing like that is going on. And, really, there isn't much that is "dupeworthy" in the stash :teeth:

So let me know what you think. NOTE: This thread is to post ideas, concerns, and offers to send donations to the stash. Please don't ask for the stash here - that will be done via the Stickied Give away thread, if/when I decide to start sending the stash.

Z_O

2. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Well I have over 300 items to give away right now and it's just too time consuming to post it all in the giveaway thread and send out all the mules. Guess I'm offering to donate :innocent:

3. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Great! You, and anyone else, can send donations to [email protected] (please put something meaningful in the subject, as I get a lot of junk mail)

Z_O

4. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

I think it's a great idea. If I get the time to send all my saves over to my friend's PC & make a stash, i'll toss some items in, too.

5. Stile58

Stile58 IncGamers Member

Another utterly useless, terrible idea! </another Mac user> :rant: :thumbsup:

6. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

if you guys have any mid-high mid lvl hammerdin stuff, you could just send it straight to me if you wanted :) but if theres already others in line ill be glad to go after them, anyways, yah >.>

7. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

I Just remembered some more info.

The stash is 1.10 SC. I could also do a HC stash, but it would be based entirely on items donated (I dont play HC).

Z_O

8. Spook_Cell

Z_O I'll send the stash tomorrow since I can't now. Just posting so you don't think I was reneging :creep:

9. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Hehe like the other guy said, this would be quite unfair to mac players.

10. Spook_Cell

Not necessarily, can't someone using ATMA just send the .d2s mule to people using Macs, you would still have to make a TCP/IP game to transfer the items but it should work....I think :scratch:

11. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Why's that? Does ATMA not work on Macs?

If that is the case, it's unfortunate, but without ATMA the task would be nearly impossible.

There's always the traditional giveaway thread :)

Z_O

12. Spook_Cell

True forgot that the concept is we pass along the stash instead of mules :bonk: . I blame it on being tired :sleep: , that's my official story :innocent:

13. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

It just depends on software. There are Windows emulators out there that will allow you to run ATMA in a Mac. That's what my elite unique does. And trust me, you'll take her Mac from her cold dead fingers. She'll never own a PC again. :lady:

EDIT: I honestly don't have anything to contribute to the stash. Unless someone wants one of my several Hawkmails. :lol:

14. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

the unlimited-sized stash in atma cannot be used by mac players ingame. i would assume that you were planning on doing a massive stash dump. and, giving stuff away is cool regardless of the platform. :)

and, yeah, i could run virtual pc, but i really don't want to, to be honest. i can just use my apartmentmate's laptop and connect via samba fileshare.

15. Stile58

Stile58 IncGamers Member

Honestly though, I think this an excellent idea. The hardest part will be keeping track of who has the stash and who will be getting it next.

I run Virtual pc on my mac, but seeing as it is still only an emulator, I would assume that D2 would run even slower on that than it currently does on OSX classic. I currently just run 2 instances of D2 on my mac,( 1 in OSX and one in Classic) and mule via tcp/ip. gets the job done , but is somewhat tedious.

As someone said earlier, There is still the generosity of the spf'ers in the giveaway thread :clap: :clap:

16. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Great idea there :)

I have the tourney stashes that I'm using as prizes for the tourneys and will use when someone has computer problems and loses everything. Currently the stash, or more like stashes, are at around 7000 items. Perhaps it'd be a time to weed out atleast some of the items from there :)

17. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

I don't have much that I could spare, but I'd love to toss some things in. Let me know if there's something I can add.

18. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

If your feeling generous, you can send whatever you want over to me. The stash is looking pretty wimpy ATM, so I wouldn't even turn down a truck-load of Breast Plate's :thumbsup:

Z_O - [email protected]

19. Spook_Cell

No need to worry Z_O my contribution is almost 700 items now, with a bit of help from Ti-Ben as well. Just need to do a bit more cleaning and I'll send the stash as soon as I can.

20. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

:eek: :worship:

Does anyone know a way to combine two stashes into one without clicking and dragging every item ;)

Z_O