Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gito's Poison Javazon Guide!~

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by GITO86, Mar 27, 2004.

1. GITO86

GITO86 IncGamers Member

Gito's Poison Javazon Guide!~

K it’s about time I made a guide for my javazon. Shes a lvl 91 poison javazon that is strong in both pvp and pvm, and is an underrated build. I think the problem is that people don’t use the optimal setups (IMO), so they label them weak. Anyways heres my build. Keep in mind this zon focuses on elemental damage, NOT PHYSICAL.

STATS
    Str: Enough for gear
    Dex: Enough for max block with SS
    Vit: Rest of the points
    Nrg: Base

SKILLS
    20 Poison Javelin
    20 Plague Javelin
    20 Lightning Fury
    1 into each of the magic skills
    5-6 in Pierce
    Rest into A/E/D (mostly evade)

GEAR
    Weapon: Eth titans (on weapon switch too)
    Armor: Bramble
    Shield: Psn Death Faceted SS (4 ptopaz shield on weapon switch)
    Helm: Ber Shako (tals helm for pvm)
    Belt: Tgods (razortail for necros and pvm)
    Gloves: 1.1 Trang Gloves
    Boots: Rare dex/str resist boots
    Ring1: 20 dex Raven
    Ring2: SOJ
    Ammy: 30% maras
    Charms: 10x Javelin Skill charms, Annihilus, 9x 5%r/w small charms

With this setup I have lvl 40 poison skills. My plague does 96k dmg over 18.6 sec, my poison jav does 110k over 86 sec, and lightning fury does 1.7k lightning dmg.

PVP STRATEGY: For characters that run/teleport around, play defensive and spam poison javelins, trying to throw them in front of them. Use plague javelin when you think you have a clear shot only, or youre pretty sure they will teleport/run into the cloud. Plague is your main killer, but the delay in between plagues leaves you vulnerable. Once they are at 1 hp, spam poison javelins in their way or throw lightning furies at them, since the poison clouds will kill them on contact once they have 1 hp. Also, it is IMPERATIVE that you slow missle long range characters. At the VERY beginning of the duel, do everything in your power to run close to them and slow missle (the plus skills make the range of sm bigger, so its easier than it sounds). When you run up, DON’T RUN IN A STRAIGHT LINE TOWARDS THEM YOULL DIE! Run in a circle around them, slowly moving closer. Once they are slow missled, use the strategy above. For melee chars, just plague them and run, throwing a lightning fury at them every once in a while.

FOR NECROS: Use razortail and lightning fury to get yourself out of bone prisons. It should be easy since the necro should already be slow missled.
    FOR ELEMENTAL DRUIDS: HURRICANE and TORNADO ~*CAN BE SLOW MISSLED*~. Most people don’t realize that. Once wind druids are slow missled they are basically useless. They will try to teleport on you and tornado, so be sure to keep on the move. Right after they tele, they are an easy target for plague.
    TRAP ASNS AND FOH PALLIES: Tgods + 4 ptopaz shield on weapon switch makes these guys tickle. Still try and avoid their attacks at all costs, because they can be hard to hit.
    FIREBALL SORCS: SM is your best friend.

PVM STRATEGY: Use tals helm for leech, and razortail to make lightning fury do massive dmg. Lightning fury is your main killer pvm, with plague only being used for lightning immunes. I have used this character for rushing and mfing. She does pit runs very well, and shenk/eldritch runs in about 2-3 attacks each.

2. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Chokes and dies~

3. GITO86

GITO86 IncGamers Member

its ok fenris ;_;!!! fire elemental druids still own! they cant be SMed!!! think outside the box!!!

4. no2fakeshakes

no2fakeshakes IncGamers Member

is it me? or slow missile is an advantage to a wind druid...? b/c since the tornado travels slower, wouldnt it deal more dmg to you once ur stunned with it?...

5. GITO86

GITO86 IncGamers Member

ummm no. they move ridiculously slow, so they will probably never even hit you

6. Meosha

Meosha IncGamers Member

I like this idea. I'm making a character with it now. However...will it work without all that insanely rare and expensive gear?

Unlike most DII players (or so it seems), I do not find huge numbers of high runes and godly items just lying around, thus it is unlikely that I will ever acquire any of those items.

7. deadbeater

deadbeater IncGamers Member

Um...what are eth titans? I didn't know titans can be socketed.

8. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Eth is also short for ethereal.

9. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

The one problem I had with doing this build was that I'm too impatient to wait for the poison to work (PvM). Hopefully you will all keep that in mind.

My current lightning Javazon uses Freezing arrow on switch for the other element.

10. Anidem

Anidem Banned

I have another take on the poison javazon, I have the passive zon post up which is a zon that just uses passive skills (valk). once maxed out valk is damn near unbreakable. I am now lev 66 at hell diablo and am wondering what to do with the other 30+ skill points.

answer; poison jav skills. poison jave starts off slow but really starts to pick in the upper levels and if you use valk as an UberTank and a might mecr with bramble (you not the merc) and possibly delerium (the merc not u, for our richer players). the slys the limit even at base dex with any old javs.

11. Anidem

Anidem Banned

No. this isnt the sorcs cold orb were all those shards are hard to miss. a slow tornads is about as easy to dodge as a WW baba.