Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Girl help please...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TurbulentTurtle, Feb 13, 2004.

1. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Girl help please...

I usually won't be one to post such a thing, about girls and such, but there's a first for everything right? =P
    Before anything happens, I think it's best that you know I am in grade 9 (14 years of age)

Anyways, there's this girl whom I think is pretty cute, and I don't usually go and ask people out, because I am not usually that kind of person. And I don't usually notice any girls, even if they're REALLY hot, but this one girl has been on my mind for quite some time now, and I don't really know how to approach her, I have usually been really relaxed around her, and I haven't really been really outrageous when I am around her (if you know what I mean), so how do I approach this girl without seeming kind of weird?
    Now this girl is always surrounded by tons of friends, and I can never get a single moment with her alone so I will probably never get a chance to talk to her as I am pretty shy around some girls. Again, the question is: How should I approach this girl? Try to get her E-mail and tell her over instant messaging or E-mail? Write her letter?
    I need to know how I can tell her about how I feel without getting embarassed or whatever.

Thanks for any kind of help, I really appreciate it. :)

2. tarnok

tarnok IncGamers Member

Don't worry about seeming weird. Just tell her that you think she's pretty/smart/swell/keen/(insert reason you noticed her here) and that you'd like to get to know her better. Suggest that you could talk over dinner/after the movie/while bowling/over coffee/(whatever the kids are doing nowadays).

The important thing here is to make sure you don't regret missing the chance. If you ask her out and she says no, cest la vie. If you don't ask it will simply eat away at your mind and in years to come you'll think back and say "What if..." That's no way to live.

3. jimmyboy

jimmyboy IncGamers Member

Go to your front lawn and pull up some daiseys. Girls like flowers. Give them to her, then tell her she's pretty. Then follow the previous advice from ...tarnok.

Wait, I'm a guy, so beware if she slaps you for following my advice. You've been warned.

4. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Basically what Tarnok said (GREAT ADVICE) and also be sure to try and get her alone. : )

5. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

You could always find out where she works from one of her friends and then turn up there with flowers. And give them to her.

6. AgentOrange

AgentOrange IncGamers Member

Okay, I'll let you non-worthy people *just kidding!* :lol: people in on my secret flirting technique that has NEVER failed me. I call it:
    Flirting w/o Flirting!
    It may seem weird to most of you people but it's quite effective. Here's what you do:
    If you just go up to a girl without her knowing you or having anything to talk about, DON'T, what I always do is flirt with them without saying a word to them, make yourselves noticeable IE: Make sure your in her view (don't look at her) and hang out with your friends, make jokes with them so everyone laughs and the girl thinks you have a good sense of humor. If possible, be extremely nice to girls around her (hoping there your friends) so she thinks your a nice guy, flirt with the ENVIROMENT around her, this sounds really stupid right? But it works, trust me, I lost my virginity at 14! This has nothing to do with this method, I just happen to meet my Dad's best friends neice (who was extremely slutty)
    Also, one thing no girl will ever like you for if you don't have..................is.............
    *drumroll*
    CONFIDENCE
    Work with it! :clap:

7. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I dunno where you guys went to highschool but doing all this giving flowers stuff when I was 14 was a good way to get a girl running in the opposite direction.

My suggestion is to forget about girls until your 20 and just go bowling.

8. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

That reminds me of The Big Lebowski. God I love that movie.

9. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

That dancing cat in the avatar is quite hypnotizing.

10. zoey

zoey IncGamers Member

Putting down the axe and mask usually sends off a vibe that might care about her.

11. Beyond

Beyond IncGamers Member

This advice comes from an old man (37) so it may be totally out of date.

I spent years trying to figure girls out. I would pay attention to what they said they liked, who they said they liked and then what they actually did.

I could never get it. Why a girl would "go out" with this guy but not that guy. A drop dead gorgeous gilr would go out with a gweeb on time and then the captain of the hockey team the next. Never made any sense.

Then I had an epiphany. "If I have no clue what girls like. It might actually be me."

Try talking to her and just be nice. If it seems like the right time (you guys are alone .. away from her friends and yours) you might bring up that you like her you might not.

She may or may not like you, and this is the important part, at this time. No sweat. She may change her mind later. No pressure.

Good luck

OH .. unless it is my daughter you like .. THEN YOU CAN JUST PISS OFF BEFORE I KICK YOUR SORRY ***.

12. Alex_Str

Alex_Str Banned

In high-school, stuff doesn't go like that. I'm in high-school, I know. If you and this girl hang out in the same "crowd" and talk to each other on a regular basis, go for it. But if she's just some girl that you watch from the side and have only said a few words to, you're not just going to go up to her and say "You're pretty." You're definately not gonna give her flowers. That's not "going for it" that's being...a jerk. You're going to feel very awkward, and you'll make her feel awkward. After that, she will tell her friends, making it even MORE awkward for you. Sorry man, but that's the truth.

13. Kawaii

Kawaii IncGamers Member

Nothing extreme, please. You'll only look dumb. You should try to talk to her, compliment her, etc. Maybe ask her out too. But the whole chocolate-and-roses thing is veeeery awkward. A smile and just being nice would be a good start, imo.
    It worked yesterday when fate decided i should have a romantic rendex-vouz with a girl i've had my eye on for some time.... Gogo, late buses!:clap:

14. GIR

GIR Banned

I hear severed heads are all the rage nowadays. Give her one of those.

15. Moroska

Moroska IncGamers Member

it's a Kenya tiger :lol:

16. TheOgreMan

TheOgreMan IncGamers Member

You can try any number of things: walk her to her locker (alone, preferably), give her a cat, be next to her when your time released mouse runs by her and hold her, hack into the school's computer network and pass her notes/IMs/pictures in Computer Apps, anything.

The best way is to simply pass her a note that says, "Hey, let's go ****."

Now you may not want to take any of my advice seeing as how I'm 19 and only managed to ever get a girl to go out with me once. Being shy sucks. Ech.

PS: take it from me, don't try anything even remotely "romantic" unless you know you will get good favors from her.

17. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Thanks for all the responses guys :)
    I think the advice I am probably gonna follow is Tarnok's or AgentOrange's (except for the virginity part).
    Most of your suggestions have been good, but I still need to get her alone, because she is constantly surrounded by friends... Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to get her alone to take advantage of her, just to let her know how I feel about her. Any suggestions?

18. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Don't take advice from anyone over an internet forum.

Help! I seem to have stumbled into a paradox.

19. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

It seems my hand must be dealt here, now...

Ok, this method almost always worked for me. It usually takes time, so it's best to know that nobody has any interests besides you, and if other people do, you have to scale your effort to match, because losing out on chances is the pits.

Ok, when I was in Highschool and was in my "let's date chicks" mode, my brain pretty much took over. Here are some key points:

1) Make an impression so the girl thinks about you when you're not around.
    2) Make yourself known to her, by name and basically attitude. First impressions are great.
    3) Make it seem like you totally dig her, don't hide it from her, but don't throw it in her face. Gift giving is a big no-no unless you're totally smooth and know what you're doing. Like if you find out she likes a book or something, you could buy it for her and be like "So yeah I was in the bookstore and I thought about you so I picked this up." Golden.
    4) Start subtley... girls usually don't like people barging into their lives. If you take it slow, you can ease the process a bit. One thing I used to do was the "distant acknowledging". After you meet her (if you don't know her name or anything, it only gets slightly more difficult), you can work with it. Smile at her as she passes, even when you're with friends. Make eye contact, and actually say hi to her if she makes eye contact back. If she starts making eye contact first, then that's where you have to step in and play your cards.
    5) Girls talk. Plain and simple. I was really well liked throughout Highschool, because I was borderline jerk/nice guy (it was natural, tho... from the sounds of it you're going to have to do some acting and adapting). I knew pretty much all of the girls, so it wasn't hard at all for me to meet new ones. "Oh I've heard a lot about you." Golden. With that said, if you know her friends, get to know them too. It might sound like a hassle, but it's really not. Another way to work it is to get to know her friends first, and then through her friends meet her.
    6) Don't tell her you think she's pretty from the getgo. Keep her guessing about what you think about her. Be yourself around her, and pay attention to her. When a girl tries hard to let you know that she's beautiful and wants you to see, then you know you're golden!!

I remember in Summer School one year, I "met" a girl I was really digging at the time. Much like your case, I never knew her from before since I was somewhat new at the school and just making my stand. Then again, I only liked her because she was gorgeous, with one of the cutest faces in the world. I never did go out with her, tho... because I totally freaked out and missed that chance (not like I care now since I found someone I would die without). I basically followed what I said above, because it came naturally. One time we were sitting down in class during break just talking like usual, me leaning a chair against the wall with her right at my side... and I don't remember exactly what the conversation was about, but tatoos came up. And she said she wanted to get a tatoo "right here". So I look down where she was pointing and I see that she's got her finger holding the back of her pants open as she leaned forward, and I swear to god to this day, I don't remember seeing underwear of any kind. I looked down, looked up at her and into her eyes, and she smiled at me... a mischevious smile I'll never forget. That was about the time I freaked out and stopped talking to her, and I was a total jerk after that. Don't be a jerk, either. I remember her sitting there crying in class about a week later because of me, and I didn't care. Wow, even now I can't remember why I was acting like that. But yeah, case in point... follow the above, and don't freak out.

Edit: Oh and about the smaller gifts, you should hear what she likes FROM HER, and then get her something at the end of the week. Don't buy her something the next day after she says she likes something, that would be disasterous.

20. Jimmeh

Jimmeh IncGamers Member

;o where u been lately?