Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gimmershred for WW?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by whathappen, Mar 11, 2004.

1. whathappen

whathappen IncGamers Member

Gimmershred for WW?

Since the Buriza "feature" works in WW form, by which it will do the stated damage without using projectiles. I wonder if the same will happen when using the Gimmershred (throw axe, 218-483 fire damage, 29-501 lighting damage, 176-397 cold damage)? That is it will cause the damage at melee range without depleting the axes? How about this for switch weapon to deal with PIs?

2. Black_Dog

Black_Dog IncGamers Member

bows use the Normal Attack to shoot... throwing axes use the throwing attack i believe, and you can't use that in wolf form...
    but if you can get a gimmershred, then go ahead and test it..

3. Bob_TheMadCow

Bob_TheMadCow IncGamers Member

You can melee with throwing weapons, always could. But it does use up the quantity, I believe its something like 1 stack size == 4 durability...

4. whathappen

I have grimmershred. But I don't want to put all those pts into dextery to find out it doesn;t work. Anyone knows?

5. whathappen

Oh no! So you mean after 4 hits the whole stack is gone? well if this is so then it is pretty useless. Damit. I thought I have found a betetr way to deal with PIS than using Buriza-do

6. whathappen

Well I think it will work. A gave my WW (curently lvl 20) a low level throw weapon and it didn't depleted the stack at all. So there is no reason why it will deplete the Gimmershred. I think I have found a superb weapon to deal with PIs. Unless there is a problem that I don't see.

7. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

when using a gimmershred while in WW mode, you will hit like hitting with the listed "one-hand damage" and not the "throw damage" so therefore, it will not deplete

you may also want to look at demons arch, as it has high elemental damage as well.. or azurewrath... or djinn slayer (+2 sockets for elemental damage jewels)... or lightsabre... or.. frostwind..... or flame bellow... or runemaster socketed with elemental jewels... or hellrack..... or nords tenderizer.....or demon limb... or good ol bstar.... or ................

there are surprisingly alot of items that add elemental damage in this patch.

8. whathappen

Thank you for the explanation. Now I understand. The variance in damage from throw to one-handed in this situation is unimportant, since I am interested in the elemental damage mods. I have "good ol bstar" which adds 3-600 elemental damages (cold,fire,lighting). But Gimmershred is better sicne it does 400+ - 1000+ elemental damage. The bsar has 50% speed increase whereas Fimmer has 30%. I wish I had azurewrath...

9. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

its slow

buriza hits 5 fpa
    bstar (better option) hits 5 fpa
    glimmer is like alot..

10. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

yes I found one azure and traded for one, (now I have 2, yey!)
    anyway its level requirement is so high that its not very viable until late late hell, which kind of defeats its worth for the cold and magic damage

11. whathappen

Ok Ok, I'll use my bstar. I also have Tiamat's Rebuke shield which also adds elemental damage. That should be enough. I just look at the stats of azure. I wish I had that.

12. Black_Dog

alright alright... i admit it, i was wrong... i didn't know what i was talking aboot, so i'll just... umm... stick to stuff i do know how to do, eh?

(like canadian bashing)

13. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

bah shifted druids *spits*

only for pvp ;)

14. Black_Dog

welp... i'm workin on an ethereal botd giant thresher... (i have yet to aquire any of the components, runes or weapon... but hey, i'm workin on it)

Ur probably wondering what this has to do with anything... well, i'm tryin to see if i can make my pvp wolf somewhat capable of pvm... so i figure that decent res and high dmg could help (i got a coh, so res isn't a big problem)

15. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Still in development ^^

Guys, it's like this
    Throwing weapons (axes, javas, spears, knives) use their QUANTITY as if it were DURABILITY when using a non-throw attack, at a rate of 1/3 a normal weapon would use it.
    So basically, a throwing weapons hidden durability is quantity x 3.
    Except impale I guess O_O