Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

gimmershred avenger idea

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by bluedragoon, Apr 24, 2005.

1. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

gimmershred avenger idea

hi i was thinking of making an avenger with gimmershred, and wanted to know if the dmg would be enough to go through hell. he will have max convic(at least to lvl 25 with + skills) and holy shield. i have no idea about the rest of the points and the stats. I think i won't need super much ar, becuz of the minus defense on monster and all. I was thinking of this equip:

helm: was thinking andys but thats just but ugly
    armor: guardian angel, going for max resist and high life, with this i need less dex for max block and more points in vita
    boots: something with resist
    gloves: LoH, 20 ias gloves
    ammu & ring: angelic ??? but dont know if i need much ar
    shield: zaka offcourse
    belt: dungos

i need some advice on equipment and what to do with the stat points and remaining skill points. i want to hit a good attack speed with zeal and maybe max that with sacrifice, so socket stuff with ias jewels and so well. thnx in advance

2. Fongalv

Fongalv IncGamers Member

i think u might have leech problems since gimmershred does too lil physical...
    besides, u cannot socket gimmershred too...
    from my experience, its better as a switch...
    but then the last time i played an avenger was b4 new runewords came out...

my 2 cents...

3. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

There is a guide out there somewhere for an Avenger or elemental zealot.

4. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

You can't wear Andy's until lvl 83, by which time you should be pretty well thru act 5 hell. Steelskull is one option, with IAS and dual leech until you get there. Tal's mask is another. Both are at least as ugly as Andy's, IMHO.

5. bluedragoon

if i would have leaching problems ill equip carrion wind or so, but i just wanted to know if the dmg would be ok

6. JackGoodwin

JackGoodwin IncGamers Member

gimershred is (basically) all elemental dmg, and vengeance is based on physical dmg. So, ur better off having a fast attack with conviction than making a slower attack with slightly increased dmg. Therefore, zeal is the better choice in combination with zeal, because you will be doing a LOT of elemental dmg, quickly, and this will be multiplied by conviction.

7. MyUserName

MyUserName IncGamers Member

huge problem hitting the 4fps.

8. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Why not use a Litesaber and Azurewrath at higher levels? Also gaze is still a good pvm helm and looks way cool too - i'd take dual leech, dr anytime hehe. As for armor why not go with duress+gores+highlords for juicy overall mods and a 20ias/10cb gloves with anysort of leech would be godly! I agree : Zeal+ Conviction with a fast weapon = great elemental dmg output :D Or what about the 'Famine' runeword in a Warspike/Zerker?

9. bluedragoon

I would give it a shot if u got one lying around on europe ladder, can't afford myself :D . I was kinda thinking of making this a tank, backup char to test this ladder and mayb start with my friend a sorc and this build as a team for next ladder. The pally blocking and attacking all the enemies and the sorc doing the huge killing

10. Cadet

Cadet IncGamers Member

...isn't Vengeance mostly elemental?

11. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

yes but elemental damage% mod is based on your weapon's damage. ironically the more physical damage you do, the more elemental damage you do.

12. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Yes the Elemental Zealot route is the way to go..if you look further back, there's a thread talking about it..basically without a fana paly around, it will tough to attain 4 frames..but I can tell you it works fine. With me and a friend of mine playing together( 2 person game) I could still one hit kill champions in early act1..not a big deal i know but it is more powerful than most think.. Have fun
    with it.

13. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

a dream pally is a more fearsome version of a tesladin zealot. especially with the a high damage 4fps zeal thank to grief.

14. bluedragoon

i was thinking of using zeal, and stacking some lightning charms or so, but wanted to know what the dmg would be per hit with conviction and the gimmershred, i don't really know how to calculate all, so if one of u geniuses could help me, thnx a lot :)

gimmershred stats :
    Throw Damage: (39-46) To (171-204) (105-125 Avg)
    One-Hand Damage: (44-52) To (169-201) (106.5-126.5 Avg)
    Required Level: 70
    Required Strength: **
    Required Dexterity: 108
    Base Weapon Speed: [10]
    Max Stack: (240)
    +160-210% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    Adds 218-483 Fire Damage
    Adds 29-501 Lightning Damage
    Adds 176-397 Cold Damage, 4 sec. Duration (Normal)
    +30% Increased Attack Speed
    Increased Stack Size [60]

PS with a monster with -100 to all resist after convic

15. HeavAngel

HeavAngel Paladin Moderator

16. bluedragoon

I was thinking about maxing zeal and holy shield and conviction, and doing all of my dmg with the elemental dmg of gimmershred and some lightning charms

17. RetroStar

btw, ethereal gimmershred does break even if you don't throw it.

18. bluedragoon

k, but im using a normal one, and why does it break btw, it doesnt say durabilaty anywhere. I just wanted to know if the elemental dmg from gimmershred is enough for killing in hell, with conviction reducing the monsters res to -100 all

19. theHATERSclub

theHATERSclub IncGamers Member

I currently have a lvl ** conviction zealer. I did use glimmershred for a while. I just doubled all the elemetal damage that was listed on my weapon and other gear. However, glimmershred is extremely slow. You will never hit the last break point of 4 frames/6.2 attacks per sec. You'd need 292ias total ias. For 5 frames/5 attacks per sec, you only need 89 ias. Glimmer gives you 30, so find 59 more from gloves, ammy (highlords), belt (nos), helms, armor. 5 frames is still respectable. Also, the reach on flying axes is only 1. Probably won't make a huge difference.
    Now I use Azurewrath. Need a lot less ias to reach last break point (72ias to be exact) and reach is 2. Now I do three main types of bamage-phys, cold, and magic. I still keep glimmer on switch (to throw) to combat undead mages when the cast iron maiden. Rest of my gear: Andariel's, Duress, Exile, Highlords, Lavagout, Gore Riders, T-Gods, Ravenfrost, Bul-Kathos, and some elemental and res charms. My skills: 20 in zeal, sacrifice, holy shield, and enough in conviction to be lvl 25. Rest in various skills. Hope this helps

20. RetroStar

I remmeber its every few attack you do, the stack size will decrease just like durability. Since the stack doesn't replenish, it will run out so you can't use it.