Giga's 1.11 Ladder Hammerdin Guide!

Re: Giga's 1.11 Ladder Hammerdin Guide!

I just want to know, does this guide apply to NL too?

because i am making a hammerdin for mfing on NL ( not ladder).

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator

Should be just fine. You just need to make sure you can find the needed ladder only items, but that really shouldn't be a problem.

zaxxo

Diabloii.Net Member

Hey guys, just picked up diablo 2 for the first time today to play with my friends in a group, and have decided that a hammerdin looks like a pretty fun class :) Just wondering whether this guide is still in date, or whether the changes in 1.12 and 1.13 changed anything significantly enough to look for another guide instead?

Namtar

Diabloii.Net Member

The main change is that in 1.13, Blessed Hammer no longer ignores the magic resistance of demons and undead. Since almost all magic immune mobs are undead, some people use Holy Bolt to take them out. I have a switch weapon/shield and demolish those mobs with Zeal much faster than Holy Bolt can do the job, but it isn't a requirement.

sasja

Diabloii.Net Member
After many years, I'm now taking old d2 out for a spin, and hammerdin is next on my todo :) I notice we now see magic immunes, and apparently concentration aura now only adds 25% damage, but are there any other changes to hammerdins in 1.14a or b? Any reason to build him differently or expect him to be less succesful?