Giga's 1.11 Ladder Hammerdin Guide!

Yochefguy

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Giga's 1.11 Ladder Hammerdin Guide!

thank you for the great guide. I had made a hammerdin a few years ago and never liked aiming the hammers. You inspired me to make another. I am now tele hammering like crazy. I still have problems sometimes with pindleskin. Not enough room for my hammers. I also have to wait for my merc to kill baals second wave. But other than that I really enjoy doing tons of mf runs with him. He is even better than my lightning sorc.

Hyourinmaruuu

Diabloii.Net Member

Defensive Auras
1 Prayer
1 Cleansing
1 Defiance
1 Redemption
1 Salvation
20 Vigor

Offensive Auras
1 Might
20 Blessed Aim
20 Concentration

Combat Skills
1 Holy Bolt
1 Smite
1 Charge
1 Holy Shield
20 Blessed Hammer

This is my skills distribution at level 93. I have 14 points left over. What should I put those in?

I left Holy Shield at 1 point because I get to 27 with plus skills. I already have max block. Should I pump it into this and then respec for an extra few points into vitality?

Are there any other ideas?

Necronic

Diabloii.Net Member

may i use this build plz? i whana make a godly pvp paladin XD and got most of the gear already. ty

ZealotBoy

Diabloii.Net Member

Is the Circlet still considered to be the best helm for a Hammerdin? I guess it depends on what your opinion of the "ultimate" build is, but IMO I think the ultimate build consists of 125% FCR, 86% FHR, 75% chance to block and 75% to all resistances. Other than that, which ever build gets you the most life would be the best. And after running some numbers, unless your circlet was a 2/20/2 sockets and had a lot of dex and life, you'd actually get more life (and damage reduction) with a Ber'd Shako.

Again, it depends on personal preference, but after actually "testing" a circlet instead of just assuming it was better because if its sexy mods/rarity, I saw that it is only better if it is near perfect (read: circlets for Hammerdins are overrated, but good for you if you can find and trade one away to a sucker).

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator
So your going to use wiz spike instead of hoto and give up 3 skills? :scratchhead:

And then another +1 from soj? So let's lose +4 skills for a bit of life and dr?

ZealotBoy

Diabloii.Net Member

HOTO + Spirit + Rare/Crafted Amulet (10%+) + Magefist + Arachnid's = 125% FCR
Spirit + Sandstorm Trek + [+1 PComb/12% FHR] = 86% FHR

Makes sense to me.

You'll be low on fire resistance unless you have some on your amulet, but that can be made up with two or three SCs.

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator
Its still going to be less skills over all, so I don't understand why you think its better.

Hoto + hoz + rare circ is still best.

ZealotBoy

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, obviously we have different opinions on what the best setup for a Hammerdin is and, therefore, that would be why I think it's better. If you use HOZ you can't reach the 125% FCR breakpoint unless you sacrifice a ring, and even then you'd need 20 FCR on your circlet and 15 FCR on your amulet (much more difficult to get than a Spirit and an SOJ/BK, but I guess that's beside the point).

So, by using a HOZ you could do slightly more damage (+1 to Combat Skills but -1 to Offensive Auras, compared to using a Spirit and a second SOJ/BK), but then your FHR would be hurting (again, maybe some people don't care about FHR, but in my "ultimate" build max FHR is included, and that is how I got to my equipment setup).

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator
If your not pvp 'ing then fhr isn't so important. If you're using CtA, then ot becomes even less relevant for 99% of battles.

Even if its not the best by a lot, the best is still the best. You're setup is fine, but I don't find it necessary to have that much dr on a Hdin.

A circlet is very expensive and rare, but it is still the best.

scollin

Diabloii.Net Member

Yep, not too much has changed. I'm not sure if it's the best starter character as playing a hammerdin without enigma can be tricky, and you likely won't be able to get enigma if youre just starting.

Noobjager

Diabloii.Net Member

Nooby Paly here, but I had a question about the armor/items.

Are any of these LoD only? All I have is D2, not LoD yet...