Giga's 1.11 Ladder Hammerdin Guide!

flamingchen

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Giga's 1.11 Ladder Hammerdin Guide!

Great guide, thank you for posting.

I must be doing something wrong. My Hdin is only doing 4k damage at level 77 and he has +18 skills (in addition to having all the relevant skills maxed). I have concentration on, am casting blessed hammer.. What am I doing wrong? I thought I should be at atleast 10k damage at this point?
Something there is wrong....I do 8k with only +12 to blessed hammer, +10 off auras.

Are you sure you maxed the right synergies/skills? Thats off....way off...

cpostma

Diabloii.Net Member

Ok I got my Hdin working right now.

He is level 85 with 125% FCR / 86% + FHR and 14k damage. Definitely a power house. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solo run chaos with 8 people? I tried the other day, and while I did it, I died a few times. I've seen some Hdins who just fly through it. Is there a strategy? What is a good alternative merc that won't die there?

Thanks guys.

Dark_Giga

Diabloii.Net Member

Ok I got my Hdin working right now.

He is level 85 with 125% FCR / 86% + FHR and 14k damage. Definitely a power house. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solo run chaos with 8 people? I tried the other day, and while I did it, I died a few times. I've seen some Hdins who just fly through it. Is there a strategy? What is a good alternative merc that won't die there?

Thanks guys.
A good alternative would be whatever that doesn't use melee (A3?) but for chaosing, most people don't use mercs as far as I know. Just tele and hammer, avoid getting in the middle of a pack and you should be good :)

Kryyn

Diabloii.Net Member

What should I do with the Extra early skill points? A few of them
i put into Holy Bolt. -To heal a friend tanking in the Maggot Lair.- I still have one or two left over. Though, I only just started the character, I'm at level 8. I've never used a Hammerdin.

Dark_Giga

Diabloii.Net Member

i put into Holy Bolt. -To heal a friend tanking in the Maggot Lair.- I still have one or two left over. Though, I only just started the character, I'm at level 8. I've never used a Hammerdin.
It doesn't really matter as long as you plan on getting to a high level and getting all the skills.

Health pots > Holy Bolt :)

Xerstead

Diabloii.Net Member

I saved my spare skill points untill i could use them on a key skill/synergy. At lvls 12/18 they soon got used up.

Thanks for the guide :) Plain english with abbreviations explained and none of this 733t spk which plagues far too many forums.

:wave:

Scumi

Diabloii.Net Member

nice guide, same as i would have done it :thumbsup:

also nice info on bp tables ;)

MordainThade

Diabloii.Net Member

Hey there, a very nice guide. It's actually the motivator that I needed to finally build my own hammerdin... as I usually only play Necromancers :grin:

One error in the guide, though. You mention Sandstorm Treks as your preferred boot for STR and DEX, but Treks give STR and VIT...

Usually, to hit 125% FCR with my necros, I use HoTo, max Spirit, Trang's, Arach, and one 10% FCR ring. This leaves Mara's and Shako as Amulet / helm, which is infinitely more affordable than trying to go for a crafted ammy or 2/20/2 circlets. The price difference is absolutely huge.

Unfortunately, it seems that if you decide to go with HoZ / HoTo, you will need both of the über-expensive items on the list, plus two 10% FCR rings to hit the 125% breakpoint. It might be just me, but that extra frame can make all the difference in the world when it comes to caster speed, so I can't really see HoZ as viable except to the highest echelon of rich players.

But, seeing as how I'm a Necro player at heart, any random Paladin commentary from me may not be on the mark. Thanks again for the guide!

A C E

Banned

Good guide. I thought it was funny that you said FoH'ers and trappers were cheap and BM but that desynching hammerdins were A'ok, though. :rolleyes:

I will however say that this guide seems a bit useless ATM. 50% of b-net consists of hammerdins with the exact same gear and as such, there are already plenty of guides out there, although I must say, this one is one of the best I have seen.

xxnothing

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the guide. I've read a few and this one seemed to me to explain things the best. I'm working on my first ever hammerdin now based off this guide... Everything is self found (I have a MF sorc to hunt items)... Vipermagi, HoZ, Wizzy and so on. I do not have access to the super-high items, but I will say even with lower-tier equipment this character is a killing machine.

Dark_Giga

Diabloii.Net Member

Hey there, a very nice guide. It's actually the motivator that I needed to finally build my own hammerdin... as I usually only play Necromancers :grin:

One error in the guide, though. You mention Sandstorm Treks as your preferred boot for STR and DEX, but Treks give STR and VIT...

Usually, to hit 125% FCR with my necros, I use HoTo, max Spirit, Trang's, Arach, and one 10% FCR ring. This leaves Mara's and Shako as Amulet / helm, which is infinitely more affordable than trying to go for a crafted ammy or 2/20/2 circlets. The price difference is absolutely huge.

Unfortunately, it seems that if you decide to go with HoZ / HoTo, you will need both of the über-expensive items on the list, plus two 10% FCR rings to hit the 125% breakpoint. It might be just me, but that extra frame can make all the difference in the world when it comes to caster speed, so I can't really see HoZ as viable except to the highest echelon of rich players.

But, seeing as how I'm a Necro player at heart, any random Paladin commentary from me may not be on the mark. Thanks again for the guide!
Thanks for pointing the error out, will definately include in next update.

HuynhSanity

Diabloii.Net Member

I have +27-28 in all my synergies and hammer, but i only do 6k...what am i doing wrong?

sweetalmonds

Diabloii.Net Member

I have +27-28 in all my synergies and hammer, but i only do 6k...what am i doing wrong?
You need more +skills basically, 28 skill level is only 8 more than max. Hoto, enigma, and a shako adds plus seven total. Then you can get +2 on mara, +2 on pally spirit, +1 on arach, +2 on rings, +3 from torch, +1 from anni. You could also get some pcombat charms for even more damage although you should be good pvm without em.

Jaymar

Diabloii.Net Member

So yeah, I was trying to find the ultimate guide for a hammerdin...

I found it, thanks alot.

goodgod, a old school player coming back from 2003!

TMaverickD

Diabloii.Net Member

so, in order to do damage above ~6k, a hammerdin will need the key skills to be in excess of lvl 30?

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member

Some typo's. For spirit weapon, you don't get resist. For spirit shield, you said "Runes expensive", which I think you meant shield.

pinov

Diabloii.Net Member

im looking at dumping around 203 total dex including equip so before i spend the points---did i figure it out right (sheild block rating+holysheild)/(dex-15)/levelx2

and can (sheild block rating+holy sheild) be more than 75%?

im using a sheild with block of40% by itself (spirit w/ huge resists)

so here goes
(40+36)(203-15)/95x2
76x188/190
75.2 chance to block

or do i dump spirit and get a hoz

rez on spirit is 80/80/46/80 fcr29

gakky

Diabloii.Net Member

A good alternative would be whatever that doesn't use melee (A3?) but for chaosing, most people don't use mercs as far as I know. Just tele and hammer, avoid getting in the middle of a pack and you should be good :)
I was thinking of trying an Act 1 merc with Ice bow which has a huge level 18 Holy Freeze, not to mention boost to cold damage.
Anybody tried this before I spend 2 HRs ?