Ghostsin mana problem

Davie.

Diabloii.Net Member
I still fail too see why coa is better. You realllly lose out on the resists and flexibility in exchance for better dr and 10 more fhr. Your coa may have 60 all res but your dancers have none and most asn fcr ammies dont have godly res. My assasin uses Maras 30% for 2 to ALL skill that boosts ur battle orders and ww skill. (I find that it gives me more life off the bat than Stormhide and stacks my resists even higher at the cost of some mana.) my boots have 50 to all the most important resists fire light cold, My valk is um'd (thats 95 too your 59 at the cost of minor fhr which I do NOT need.) and im sure I do alot better vs sorcs than you with the flexibility to swap out my other raven for a wisp or dwarf.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Speederländer said:
Hey man, this approach is a mistake. Seriously. The whole point of a ghost is the fastcast teleport. When teleporting you have clawblock running. When you run, claw block drops to zero, making you just a weaker form of barb with poison damage. Claw block is absolutely critical. The most common way for me to lose vs. any caster is to get sloppy and run, thereby taking a FB or BS full in the face with no defence against it.
You should be dodging attacks with teleport, not by running.
:eek: ...Claw Block doesn't get reduces to zero when you're running...

I know that Block % drops 1/3 when running, but Claw Block remains the same at all times from what I can remember... Could someone verify this?

- Dennis

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Dennis_KoreanGuy said:
:eek: ...Claw Block doesn't get reduces to zero when you're running...

I know that Block % drops 1/3 when running, but Claw Block remains the same at all times from what I can remember... Could someone verify this?

- Dennis
Yes it DOES drop to zero when you run. This has discussed on this forum backwards and forwards. It's either zero or so close to zero as to be effectively zero. Occassionally you get a "false positive", a block that occured when it looked like you were running but was likely due to momentarily standing still server side when it appeared you were running client side.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Davie. said:
I still fail too see why coa is better. You realllly lose out on the resists and flexibility in exchance for better dr and 10 more fhr. Your coa may have 60 all res but your dancers have none and most asn fcr ammies dont have godly res.
If you think my dancer/CoA set-up isn't superior, then lay out the all the stats and make a case. I gave you numbers. I expect the same. My numbers are better atm. If you think I'm wrong, then prove me wrong with detail.

My assasin uses Maras 30% for 2 to ALL skill that boosts ur battle orders and ww skill. (I find that it gives me more life off the bat than Stormhide and stacks my resists even higher at the cost of some mana.) my boots have 50 to all the most important resists fire light cold, My valk is um'd (thats 95 too your 59 at the cost of minor fhr which I do NOT need.) and im sure I do alot better vs sorcs than you with the flexibility to swap out my other raven for a wisp or dwarf.
No, I'm willing to bet you don't do a lot better vs. sorcs. Your comment is totally subjective anyway.
I can stack 65 as I need, as I alreay explained, with a jade. That's plenty. 65 res ALL over max res in hell. I have yet to need a wisp. I also haven't needed a second raven. In any event, I can swap out for either one AT WILL since I'm not tied to my fc ring by building in stats. You say you don't need the 86 fhr break? I assume that is what you mean. I completely disagree. FHR is absolutley as important vs. 200 FC FB sorcs and necros as it is vs. anyone else that will kill you if you go into FHR animation.

'22'Souljah

Diabloii.Net Member
i do fine vs a 200% fcr fireball sorc with only a 6 frame recovery
86% fhr is an overkill imo for a ww sin unless your gear already naturally comes with a lot of fhr (coa and shadow dancers)

Zangeif

Diabloii.Net Member
Claw block is close to 0 when walking or running. I've blocked too many times to say it's 0 though :)

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Zangeif said:
Claw block is close to 0 when walking or running. I've blocked too many times to say it's 0 though :)
Yeah, but the original discussions on this subject here and elsewhere explained this as client/server desync. Something made you stop momentarily and you blocked server-side, but client side showed only the block.

I've never blocked that I can remember while running in a 1 on 1 duel, where lagging effects are usually less. Whenever I have the "running block" effect, it's vs. multiple opponents all firing at me or other complex situations.

Zangeif

Diabloii.Net Member
Maybe it's cause my computer is crappy, because I've blocked things as obvious as a foh in a 1v1 duel while running.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Zangeif said:
Maybe it's cause my computer is crappy, because I've blocked things as obvious as a foh in a 1v1 duel while running.
People with far more technical knowledge of the game's inner workings than I have maintain you don't block while running and when you do it was because of some other factor. Even if you are correct and they are all wrong, and you have some small, say 5% or 10%, chance-to-block when running, then it's still low enough to maintain tele as your primary movement, granting you 60% block at all times. I mean, we both agree that it drops precipitously when running. So why on earth would you run at all? My original issue was with running as a primary means of getting around.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Zangeif said:
I guess it doesn't make sense for Blizzard to lower claw block to 5% or something like that while running.
Unless it's bugged and is supposed to lower at the same rate as regular block when you run but instead something unexpected happens. Or they meant it to go to zero and something keeps a small % block active. We'll probably never know for sure what the code detail is.