Ghostisin skills and equipment help needed!

RohanDemons

Diabloii.Net Member
PvP Ghostisin skills and equipment help needed!

Okay from what I hear the best ones use Light Sentry and WW

Gear that I am guessing...

Weapon Chaos and Fury with / CtA and Lidless
Helmet - ?
Armor - Enigma
Boots - ?
Gloves - ?
Belt - ?
Rings - ?
Amulet - ?

Skills, I really have no idea

I know max Lightning Sentry
Death Sentry?
Venom?
Claw Mastery?
Fade?
Shadow Master?
Mind Blast?

I feel I must go dual ravens for the dex req on the claws, but maybe some dex charms will help. But the angelics might be more of what I want. I feel I will need maras for resist unless I get some Jade talons.

Do I go all 5 trap/5 shadow or what. I might only be able to only fit 7 gc's so I can get sc's with resist, dex, or fhr. I also need help here.

Im just so confused. I hope I will have more luck than my pure WW sin.

Thank you

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
You are making a hybrid, not a ghost. A ghost really doesn't have a primary killing trap. Ghosts use LS and Wake to stun. Also, you need to hit the 65 FCR break point or, again, it's not really a ghost, by the commonly held definition. I'm not a hybrid expert so I can't give you the best breakdown in set-up, but if you need ghost info I can provide that.

RohanDemons

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok well, Could you give me a gear setup and skill list for a ghostsin? Or would a hybrid be more effective for pvp?

'22'Souljah

Diabloii.Net Member
RohanDemons said:
Ok well, Could you give me a gear setup and skill list for a ghostsin? Or would a hybrid be more effective for pvp?
i'll pm you my ghost guide later when the site that hosts it gets bakc up :eek:

'22'Souljah

Diabloii.Net Member
seems like it's too big to pm if you want the whole guide pm me

1. Intro
2. Itams
3. Itam Setups
4. Stats
5. Skills
6. Charms

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Intro

What's a ghost? A ww sin made for slaying casters while using a certain item set up/dueling styles. Ghosts will still have potential to duel melee characters too.

This sin will stunlock, teleport, minion stack, and do other things that your typical ww sins usually don't do.

If you're new to ww sins use Professor's build. I also suggest you know how to use a trapsin and bvc barb before you try this build.

A ghost may cost a lot so it may not be for you or you can make one when you have more currency. Luckily a ghost's gear is actually cheaper compared to most of today's other top pvp chars.

People usually like to compare things for some reason and the other anti caster character is a BvC barb. Below I'll list the pros for both.

Pro's of a Gh0sT:

* Stunlock
* 60% of attacks won't hit you due to weapon block
* You have minion stack with your shadow
* Curses on you are only 25% as long as they should be thanks to fade

Pro's of a BvC:

* About twice as much life as a Gh0sT
* Kills much faster due to his high physical damage
* Easier to desynch ww or predict where they'll be ww
* Easier to use

BEWARE SOME OF THE ITEMS IN THIS GUIDE CAN POOF!

2. Itams

*CLAWS*

* Primary Claw: Chaos Runic Talons or Eth Bugged Chaos Suwayyah, try to get +3 venom. Only choice this is what makes you a WHIRLWIND sin. -_-

* Secondary Claw: Fury Feral Claws or Fury Runic Talons if you use a Eth Bug Chaos Suwayyah, again try to get a +3 venom. Best secondary claw has decent damage and #$&%* loads of open wounds.

* Stashed Claw: 50 Resist Jade Talon Socketed with a +15 resist jewel for extra resist vs fohers/blizzers.

>If you can't get any ones that add to venom try for a +Lightning Sentry,+Shadow Master, or +Dragon Flight to save some skill points.

>Runic Talons and Feral Claws are used so you can hit max trap laying speed.

>No malice because you actually want to do some physical damage.

*SWAP*
* CTA + Lidless - no explanation needed here just BO yourself for more life.

* Widowmaker - guided arrow is useful for certain duels but if you're able to use this you will need to put extra points into dex and lose some life. Um it if you want to use it.

*ARMOR*
* Enigma- You need this to pull off your ghost tactics. No bramble or coh for a ghost. Put it in a breast plate to leave base str or mage plate if you can manage the str.

*HELMETS*
* 08 Valk- This helm just kills ALL the birds with one stone. 30 FCR from it will help you hit the 65% fcr breakpoint needed to make mind blast effective. The 30 FHR + 20 from the boots will give you a decent hit recovery frame. 30 IAS makes reaching the 9 frame trap layinig speed EASY. 30 FR/W lets us run at a reasonable pace with fade on. Socket this with a Um rune for stacked reisist, a jah for about 100 extra life, shael if you want to hit the 86%bp cause you're a fhr freak, or a 15ias/15reisist jewel if you use the Eth Bugged Chaos Suwayyah so you can still have max trap laying speed.

* Griffions Eye- The cheaper alternative to 08 Valk or this is for people who don't like perming valks. Put a ias/reisist jewel in this helm.

* Rare Sin FCR Circlet- A circlet like this may be better than 08 valk. Its flaw is that you must use it in conjunction with a 10% fcr ring or crafted sin ammy with FCR to have 11 frames casting mind blast. That will not make it possible for you to have fast casting with high AR at the same time because angelics requires a ring slot and ammy slot. Mods to look for on this helm is +2sin/20fcr/FRW/ar/reisist/life/stats bonuses. Put a ias/reisist jewel into this.

* CoA- Another option for the ghost. Adds 30 reisist if you get the highest one possible. +15% DR again if you get the best one. 30 FHR to help you hit that frame. Put a ias/reisist jewel and reisist/req jewel in this sucker. It has the same flaw as the circlet mentioned earlier. You'll need a sin ammy with 15+ fcr to hit that breakpoint if you plan to use this helm.

* Kiras- Alternative for CoA. Also useful for stacking reisist. Socket with ias/reisist jewel if you plan to use.

* Shako- Use this for duels where FCR is completely useless like vs smiters. Put a 5/5 PSN Facet inside.

*AMMY*
* Maras- +skills/stats/reisist probably one of the best amulets in the game.

* Crafted Sin Ammy- Try to get +skills/stats/reisist on this ammy. The most important part is having 10% FCR or 15% FCR if you use a sin circlet/CoA/Kiras.

* Angelic Ammy- Use this with one angelic ring to have decent AR vs high defense characters.

*GLOVES*
* Trangs - It's almost like blizzard made these gloves like this for WW Sins. 20%FCR to help you reach the bp, 30 cold reisist for more stacked cold, and 25% poison damage which adds to your damage TWICE due to a bug. If you use a different glove for a WW sin it's just a waste compared to trangs.

*BELTS*
* Arachnids - Use this to hit the 65% FCR breakpoint.

* Thunder Gods - This is for those crazy trapsins. Beware some people on west will cry about it.

* Verdungoes - Again for those duels where mind blast is pretty much useless.

*RINGS*
* Raven Frost - Adds Massive AR. Prevents you from being frozen. Has some + to mana. ALWAYS have one of these on no matter what.

* Duped Melee Ring - Raven spiral or bitter hold. These are for our typical duels. If you search for a legit one yummy mods are ar/stats/reisist.

* FCR Ring- Use this if you use a Sin Circlet. Additional mods to look for are reisist/stats/AR/mana. Or you can just use one of those common duped fcr rings on west like biter band, storm loop, rune loop, etc.

* Natures Peace - For the oak sage and poison reisist. Only should be used if you use 08 valk as helm so you can maintain your fcr. Useful for WW sin duels in nightmare because Oak Sage is immune to poison and physical in NM. :p

* Absorb Ring - Dwarf Star and Wisp Project. Use these if you need to reduce some elemental damage. Again same thing to keep in mind as natures peace only use if you can still maintain 65% fcr.

* Angelic Ring - This + the set ammy for duels vs high defense characters.

*BOOTS*
* Rare Duped Boots - Imp Shanks, Shadow Stalkers, or Wraith Bands. If you search for legit ones try to get some with reisist/fhr/stats.

* Shadow Dancers- Ah the signiture sin boot only reasonable if you use a CoA though due to the high str req.

* Hotspurs- Adds max fire reisist which will weaken fire damage. If a person cries about this you should really just squelch them.

*PREBUFF*
Keep all this in stash to prebuff yourself.
2 x 2 socket 3shadow/3venom claws w/ 2 x 5% psn dmg facets
2 socket +3 shadow helm w/ 2 x 5% psn dmg facets
3 shadow disc ammy
Eth Gothic Brambe Plate, eth so the str req will be only 60

3. Itam Setups

I've now added some other item set ups due to KhaozLegacie's request so you guys can thank him for it.

Poor Man's Setup
Helm - Griffions Eye (put a ias/resist jewel in it)
Ammy - Maras
Claws - Fury Feral Claw and Chaos Runic Talon, make sure to put the Fury on the left side of the equipment screen for the +20% AR to apply.
Armor - Enigma Breast plate
Gloves - Trangs
Belt - Arachnids
Ring One - Raven Frost
Ring Two - Duped Melee Ring
Boots - Duped Reisist Boots

ViLLaiN Setup
Helm - Rare Circlet with mods mentioned above in the item section (put a ias/resist jewel in it)
Ammy - Maras or a rare/crafted fcr ammy with the mods mentioned above in the item section
Claws - Fury Feral Claw and Chaos Runic Talon, make sure to put the Fury on the left side of the equipment screen for the +20% AR to apply.
Gloves - Trangs
Belt - Arachnids
Ring One - Raven Frost
Ring Two - Duped Melee ring or a Rare FCR ring
You choose either you use up the ammy or ring for fcr. Ring is generally better because then the ammy will remain Maras which will give more bo then that adds more life.

Shadow Setup
Helm - 30Resist CoA/15DR sokcet w/ a ias/resist jewel and a um roon | If you're poor you can use a Kira's instead put a ias/resist jewel in it
Ammy - Sin FCR ammy with mods mentioned above in item section
Gloves - Trangs
Belt - Arachnids
Ring One - Raven Frost
Ring Two - FCR ring with mods mentioned above in item section
Boots - Shadow Dancers if you use a CoA or Duped Reisist Boots if you use Kira's
Doesn't CoA and Shadow Dancers sound perfect for you 'legit 4 life' kids?

Original Gh0sT Setup
Helm - 08 valk
Ammy - Maras
Gloves - Trangs
Belt - Arachnids
Ring One - Raven Frost
Ring Two - Duped Melee Ring

With the poor man's setup, original Gh0sT setup, and wannabe barb setup t's possible to swap out one of your rings then ammy for the angelic combo. Same thing applies to the all out sin vs caster except you can use 2 angelic rings. Be sure to do your stats correctly so you can swap onto angelics though. It's possible to do it with the other setups but that way you'll have crappy attack rating.

4. Stats
STR - enough to have 115 with all your gear on or enough for the CoA if you use it. DON'T include the strength added from maras and your boots if you want to have flexible and do those gear swaps vs certain characters. Str can usually be left at base for most ghost sins.

DEX - enough to have 115 with all your gear on in ALL OF YOUR DIFFERENT SETUPS or enough for 146 dex if you want to use widowmaker in certain duels.

VIT - everything else

NRG - none

BE CAREFUL WHEN DOING YOUR STATS I'VE SEEN TOO MANY DUMBASSES WITH DOUBLE CORPSES THEN LOSING ITEMS

5. Skills
Max the two basic skills for a ww sin VENOM AND CLAW MASTERY.

Then pump into weapon block for it to be lvl 26 with your dueling setup that has the LEAST + skills. Don't forget to include the +10 shadow discipline from charms when calculating this.

Put enough into fade for your sin to have atleast 40% DR+ in her all around dueling set up (vs caster setup). It adds 1% dr per lvl. Don't forget to include the +10 shadow discipline from charms when calculating this.

Put one point into the one point wonders dragon flight, lightning sentry, wake of fire, and shadow master. You might be able to not put anything into these if your claws add to these.

Last is mind blast this should be the last skill you PUMP your skill points into. Mind blast should be eventually maxed. You MUST have a high level mind blast without it your sin will be pretty crappy.

6. Charms
10 x Shadow Discipline Charms with as much life as possible, normal ones may work too if you can't afford the modded ones.

You MAY have to use some shadow charms with fhr if you chose a different gear setup than the one I suggested to hit the 48% fhr breakpoint.

9 x Life Small Charms try looking for ones with reisist on them normal ones work too if you're can't afford the ones with reisist.

1 x Annihilus a charm used by everyone. No explnation needed.

8. Credits
Kodachi < Without him i woudln't have even know about this build.
DoBoy < He made me like sins.
Littoflybee (sf-vilan) < My best friend.
Ken < Korean friend.
Dan < For ez cycle.
Lilweirdguy < My 09 sin vs sin dueling buddy.
Dragonxslayer< He made me play d2 again.
KhaozLegacy < He suggested me adding in more setups.
Blobs < The funny quote about hammerdins and widowmaker.
'22'Souljah< I wrote the guide doh.

'22'Souljah

Diabloii.Net Member
Speederländer said:
You need to put a 15 ias/15 res jewel on that jade to hit the 4 frame break point.
ah ok
i didn't think about the jade that much since i don't really need it to kill people i just added it in there for people who might need the extra resist

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
[QUOTE='22'Souljah]ah ok
i didn't think about the jade that much since i don't really need it to kill people i just added it in there for people who might need the extra resist[/QUOTE]

I end up using it a lot since so many people have infinity or lots of facets/res lower and vs. all of the auradins that float around now. Unless it's a hard 1 vs. 1 melee or necro/druid type duel, I'll often just wear the jade in standard pubby games.

RohanDemons

Diabloii.Net Member
"BE CAREFUL WHEN DOING YOUR STATS I'VE SEEN TOO MANY DUMBASSES WITH DOUBLE CORPSES THEN LOSING ITEMS"

How does this happen and what causes it? Im a hardcore 09 player, and the only way to pop was to pick up an item before you got your body.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
RohanDemons said:
"BE CAREFUL WHEN DOING YOUR STATS I'VE SEEN TOO MANY DUMBASSES WITH DOUBLE CORPSES THEN LOSING ITEMS"

How does this happen and what causes it? Im a hardcore 09 player, and the only way to pop was to pick up an item before you got your body.
You don't "pop" now. If you can't pick up your body, due to lack of stats to do so, and you die again, only one body will go with you if you exit the game for any reason, that with the highest gold value in items. This happens to those people who are str bugged or otherwise try to be clever with respect to not having enough stats to equip on BOTH weapon switches.