Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ghost without Enigma?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by UberB, May 5, 2008.

1. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Ghost without Enigma?

Hi, before I go into depth I want to say that I play on a non bnet realm which is closer to where I live, since my internet is really crap. There are pretty much no dupes so it's hard to get any runes above Lo without REALLY dedicating yourself :grin:, so an Enigma is out of the question for me. But some people DO have Enigma's and there's plenty of smiters and sorcs to go around with the occasional foher and bowzon.

Anyway my T/V does very well in my server, the only people I can't kill are bone necs, mainly because the hammerdins and wind druid (only fought one that could tele LOL) were crap.

The reason I'm posting this thread is because there used to be this Assassin which really resembled a Ghost without tele. The assassin had WW as main attack with MB (I suspect it's maxed) with one point lightning sentries to stun. The kicker is that she used a Grief and a Chaos, obviously this sin would get pwned by a good barb or smiter but she was still fairly godly against the casters in my realm.

Her gear was: CoA, GriefBA/Chaos, Fortitude, Dracul's, Verdungo's, Raven/BK, Upped Gores with a Widowmaker on switch.

So I wonder if a Ghost without tele which focuses on OW, Venom and DS (like it should) would do well against most opponents. Dragon Flight would be my source of tele I guess. Also I have a question on the gear concerning claws, especially since Fury is out (fat cance of a Jah).

One claw is obviously Chaos, what should the other be? Malice? Jade Talon? Bartuc's? What would be a nice secondary claw to Fury? Also do I need a Fool's claw against smiters?

And lastly, what should my armor be since I lack Enigma? Some guides say Nat's armor with poison facets is good, how does that compare to Fort or Duress?

2. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Re: Ghost without Enigma?

Ghost is a ghost because it uses enigma, what you are talking about is just a pure ww sin.

Hard to give advice if you play such a server.
    I think you do need fools against smiters/barbs

I guess nats armor with 3 facets could work..Nat set pvp worked quite abit on pub :p

3. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

you cant wear grief and chaos together on a sin

apart from that, try to get nats with 3 facets as mentioned and high frw

4. wizAdept

wizAdept IncGamers Member

grief/chaos on wwsin very n1

Out of curiosity what realm is this? Sounds very messed up to have a priv realm with some players having access to enigma while most don't.

If players are building on a low budget a nats set sin could work as your low budget option I reckon. Make sure you have max trap speed, max mindblast, get fcr at least 42%. frw is godly if you dont have tele, cats eye is good. flight sucks but ya gotta use if on a non-tele build.
    Good gameplay casters will stomp non-tele sins - nats set sins, bramblesins, fortsins doesn't matter if it can't tele its a serious handicap. Are there non mf'd (imported) characters on this realm you play? kinda hard to compete with a mf'd build vs a tweaked out pvp build.

5. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

LOL I just realized that, my memory must not have been as fresh as I thought it have been.

6. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Full nats with chaos, then you have to go dragonflight or traps or widowmaker for somekind of ranged attack or you won't keep up with teleport. damn thats a lot of "or"s

7. Xombie

Xombie IncGamers Member

thats a wwsin not a ghost