Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

ghost sin trap question

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by jeffmiguel, Nov 19, 2006.

1. jeffmiguel

jeffmiguel IncGamers Member

ghost sin trap question

i am currently lvl 91 and i want to know what trap is better
    for a ghost sin??? WoF, WoI, or LS?

2. greyoldfellow

greyoldfellow IncGamers Member

Both Ls and WoF... mix them cause wof stun better but it has crap range.

3. order

order IncGamers Member

woi is not even a viable option.

i would only mix traps if i was a pure ls ghost with +wof on a claw.

as for wof and ls both offer different styles of play.

wof is easy to max all synergies and allows extra skills points for mb, df (without use of mod on claw), dtalon, blade shield, fade, claw mast ect. wof provides excellent stun capability that ls does not offer and hits very effectively as close range. the downside to wof is the limited range and fast firing speed. this may cause you to run out of mana frequently in duels if you do not stock up on enough pots. about 100wof dmg = 1000ls dmg. most wof hybrids get up to 600-800 wof dmg.

ls hybrids use more synergies in ls allowing less variance within the build. ls offers a reliable ranged trap that cost more mana, but will fire at a slower speed with more charges. these traps tend to be more effective overall in dueling, but not many people build wof variants besides for me and i somewhat messed up on the only one i built so i cant really tell.

if you are west nl i can tell or show you more ingame.

4. zejive

zejive IncGamers Member

Ghost sin i'm assuming enigma based with unsynergized traps, then both wof and ls are good and both are essential. Just like what greyoldfellow said, ls has better range and wof stuns better. Although LS shoot slower in between lightnings... they don't require you to set another up as quickly before running out. Another note is that LS's attack speed to reach it's target. LS in general is definitely good to have on paladins that can charge. You should read up on speeder's guide on it. He did a wonderful job in sharing his tactics and usage of different traps on different opponents.

I tend to mix ls in alot more on very defensive, slippery, high fcr casters that don't have to be in your screen to kill you, namely orbers and bone necros.
    I'm not saying that you should lock a spamming necro for split second with one ls from a screen away and then jumping in and tank him with his hundreds of bs flying around him. But to use ls from a screen away to pressure him or trick him to move away from his field of bs and then engage him or hoping that other ls/wof that you placed somewhere else will lock him for a split second for a df/mb lock during a chase. They will have to move......or else you can throw in more ls/wof and lock them up in their territory. In the end, it's all about not playing their game, and to keep a constant pressure on them....and ls can do that with speed and range.