Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ghost or WW/trapper?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by uptoolayte, May 2, 2008.

1. uptoolayte

uptoolayte IncGamers Member

Ghost or WW/trapper?

Hello, I am thinking of making one of these two builds, but not quite sure which one is better in pub games. I realize the ghost is probably better 1 vs 1 and hybrid better for pubs, however I basically would like to beat wind druids and sorcs mostly. So, the 3 questions would be:

1. Better for overall PVP?
    2. Better for Wind druids
    3. Better for Barbs

I'm very rich in game, so equipment is no problem

2 more questions: I noticed that shadow GC's are used in the WW/trap build. IS WW just not powerful enough if you have all trap GC's?

ok, last thing. I found this claw and wondered if it would be worth keeping:
    [​IMG]
    I realize it is a slow weapon with no ED%, but I figure with WSM bug and Venom, that speed and base damage might not be an issue, correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok, thanks guys!

2. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Re: Ghost or WW/trapper?

ww/trapper for pvp but ghosts do well too.

Both ghost/ww trappers should be able to kill druids/sorcs with ease, just as another other sin build.

ghost or ww trapper against barbs.. hmm... I'll probably go with ww/trapper just to mb/trap constantly. ww vs ww, you will not win that easily without using fort/bramble of the sort.

Not too sure on trap vs shadow gcs, I would have to imagine its because it boosts pretty much all your spells but lightning sentry. Venom,fade,weapon block, shadow, claw mastery

3. uptoolayte

uptoolayte IncGamers Member

yeah you're right about the GC's. 9x traps would only increase one skill, whereas shadow would help the build overall. I also forgot the 6x LS skills from using Chaos+fury/Other claw.

I think I might go the ww/trapper route, as it seems to be more suited to Free for All duels. I just really wanted to do some sick OW/Poison damage that ghosts can pull off.

4. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

you might be surprised at how much venom damage a ww/trapper can come up with.

i'm running a level 46 Venom and 6.5k traps on mine.

5. TienJe

TienJe IncGamers Member

the benefit of choosing a ghost over a hybrid is the physical damage plus the "intangible" benefits to pumping MB, CB, etc.