Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

gg Orber question(sorc pros help please)

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by fatdudeonthestreet, Jun 8, 2008.

1. fatdudeonthestreet

fatdudeonthestreet IncGamers Member

gg Orber question(sorc pros help please)

so I was fighting a orber with my auradin(who has 10K charge and 10K AR) and I kept charging this orber, and i was hardly doing any damage. She was ES and had max block probably(because I hit her once), but I only landed 1 good hit which halfed. so I put on sorb gear(2 ravens, salvation) because the Orb was hurting and the orb kept hurting. so the sorc was laughing and said orb cannot be absorbed. can anyone shed me some light on her build and anything else? thanks.

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: gg Orber question(sorc pros help please)

FO can be absorbed, just like every other elemental attack. The problem is, it's a cold sorceress attack. With maxed Cold Mastery and many +skills, she most likely has -200ish cold resistance on CM. You have to cover that one up with lots of sorb.

3. Jaquiezz

Jaquiezz IncGamers Member

Just stack tons of cold res. Don't need to be pro to know this. Two ravens, a 180+cr shield and you should be good to go. That will make the orb hurt a lot less. Try to stay out of the center of the orb, the ball. If you can stay away from a direct hit from that, a couple of ice bolts is nothing.

4. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Err.. orb is the easiest viable pvp spell to sorb but I guess it'll hurt if you stand still to take the full orb which.. shouldn't occur as you should be constantly moving.

you don't even have to totally negate the cold mastery of a FO sorc.