Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

GF.. Nobody uses them anymore?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by ranger03, Mar 30, 2004.

1. ranger03

ranger03 IncGamers Member

GF.. Nobody uses them anymore?

Hi all.. Making my 2nd conc barb.. Was thinking of a weapon for him (end game). What are the viable choices other than a BOTD?

What abt a GF?? Does anyone use them? Or are the good days of Gf n Wf over cos of the runewords...??

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

GF is a decent sword because of the dmg, + attributes, and % ar, but it doesn't meet the ww bp. It is usable just because of those mods, but the only runewords sword thats better is BoTD, the rest have weak dmg/not enough ias.

3. HuskerPower

HuskerPower IncGamers Member

I tried making a GF Conc barb. He ended up doing about 1000-5300 damage with maxed Conc, BO, SM, with two into bash at level 81. However, as mentioned before, GF was far too slow for me to really make an impact in hell.

I might slap it on my new WW barb becuase I haven't chose a weapon for him yet and this would be a decent fill in until I can get something better (like BoTD zerk, famine zerk, etc. - If anyone has a spare share the wealth D:)

4. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

if you used it one handed and went completely nuts with ias you could hit 8 frames, lots of ways to do it, but they would all entail gear sacrifices, like a mosers with 2 15ias jewels 60ias armor or other weirdness

5. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

IMHO all the unique swords suck especially for WW.

6. wisedoor

wisedoor IncGamers Member

min FPA with swords for barb is 9.
    You can achieve 9 with gf with 145 IAS. GF is IMHO a good sword for Concentrate or Berzerk, and a OHMED high ED one do have average comparable to BOTD.
    GF rulez all runewords but BOTD damagewise

Perf eth BOTD = 337 average
    Perf GF Ohmed = 290 at lvl 90, ~300 at lvl 99 (almost impossible now)

BUT
    GF is bad for Whirlwind IMHO.
    Damn
    why everyone compare weapons to BOTD? stupid BOTD.... try to find a better conc/zerk sword than GF other than BOTD :p

7. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

ack... mein typo...

8. xtc_sazabi

xtc_sazabi IncGamers Member

I put a GF on my scrapped Conc Barb ( i concentrated on my WWer) and put some stuff on him, and he does pretty well in hell mode, even with less than uber charms, i.e 15-20 life scs, 1-3 max dmg scs, couple combat GCs, resis charms.

15 Ias arreats
    15 IAS Storm
    String of ears
    Ravenfrost
    Crafted 9% LL ring
    20 IAS highlords
    60 IAS armor ( not even ED/IAS, its just plain IAS)
    20 IAS gloves
    289% 15% IAS GF- it was really cool to have a perfect GF in 1.09, now its just blah :(

he has 145% IAS, which brings him to the 9 FPA.

my conc barb can hold his own, but still he can't compare with my WWer,

9. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

why would u compare any unique to BOTD, it's just not a fair fight. However anyone who says GF is a bad sword isn't thinking clearly. It has great attributes, great damage, and it's just plain cool looking. I'm also pretty sure a shael or ias jewel in it makes it hit the next bp. My friend still uses his .09 barb who duel wields an ohm gf (285 i think) and a fury bb. He still does great in every act in every difficulty. Basically you don't have to have botd to be good in 1.10 (unless maybe in duels where everyone else has them....).

10. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

gf is good for frenzy or zerk barbs.

11. chinaman1472

chinaman1472 IncGamers Member

Why do people compare everything to BotD...
    People swear like EVERYONE (literally) can afford it. -_-

12. ranger03

ranger03 IncGamers Member

Hey Superhal, I'm already building a conc barb with max conc, BO, and with shout at abt 17+..? :scratch:

What ways can I go to make full use of my 248ed GF? Or perhaps I should just aim for a BOtd?

Thanks for all who voiced their opinions.. Well.. I'm not trying to say that everyone can afford a BOTD.. but its jus abt the best wpn around.. Maybe you guys can tell me what stands betw a GF and a BOTD?

13. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

Every one compares to botd be cause it is unquestionably the best wepon for a barb regardless of build (crybarb exception). In .09 the did the same thing too: wepons were compared to Cruels of evi or quick (and a large % of the time eth cruels of quick) when most ppl couldent afford the them. The comparision isnt say throw it away and get a botd its to show that the wepon being compared is actully decent and usable. When building on a budget you want the best you can get and the best way to see if it is that is to compare what you can afford to the actuall best.

14. Madmartagan2002

Madmartagan2002 IncGamers Member

What about the Beast runeword? 75% IAS (counting Fanat bonus) and tons of damage