Getting those "down under" caught up

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
Getting those "down under" caught up

It's no secret those in the greater Australia region lag behind in TV viewing. Poor Bas had to wait ages for Alias. Donny mentioned it too recently:

dondrei said:
I honestly don't know when. Everything is delayed by years here anyway, and most things get put into repeats for a few years too.
No fear, help is on the way!

(Dulles, VA 16 October 2006) - Orbital Sciences Corporation (NYSE: ORB) announced today that the Optus D1 commercial communications satellite, built by Orbital for Optus Networks Pty Limited (Optus) of Australia, was successfully launched into its targeted orbit aboard an Ariane 5 rocket on Friday, October 13.

and....

The Optus D1 satellite will operate in the Ku-band frequencies from its orbital location at 160 degrees East longitude. The satellite is designed to provide fixed satellite services and direct-to-home television broadcasting services to Australia and New Zealand.

and....

The Optus D1 satellite is the first of two satellites that Orbital is building for Optus. The second satellite, Optus D2, is scheduled for completion and launch in 2007.

Source.

I watched the launch on TV here at work. I have pictures of the satellite as it was being built up here at work. [I didn't work on this satellite though.]

So to those down under, we'll have you caught up in no time! :thumbsup:

I was moreso going on what I imagine Donny's sex life to be like actually. Come on, you can't see him trying to get some nookie in before whoever he is arguing with finishes writing their next post? I can.
I'd rather see his wife. The pic of her holding up a sign saying Hi to Superdave was hawt

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
So does Ridge get back with Brooke... again?

This is all very well and good, but pay for TV? Get out of here. Anyway, I don't really understand how it all works but I think a series can only be bought by one station at a time, so they buy them up and hold them back, slowly stringing us along. It's getting to the point where I'm just going to give up on TV altogether.

Wait, when did that happen?
It was a while back, but I don't know who she was. For some reason Smeg thinks she was my wife.

P.S. I would've replied earlier but my wife's butt kept bumping the keyboard.