Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Getting the Best Crafting Supplies

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by sJw_shan, Mar 26, 2004.

1. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Getting the Best Crafting Supplies

iirc you need a very high level character (89, or was it 90, or was it 93 :scratch: ) if you want to gamble for a ring/ammy/item that will have a high enough level so that when crafted it can spawn all the maximum and possible mods.

Is it possible to get around this and just pick up a magical ring or ammy or item to be crafted from the pit or another highest drop tc area in the game? I'm mainly asking this because *sigh* I'm too lazy to get my sorc from 90 to 93+. And if my sorc is indeed high enough to gamble for items that will be max level already, let me know and I'll kick myself in the head. Thanks.

2. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

It depends - which modes do you want to get?
    These 9x thing is about mood "+2 to ... skills" - If you gamble for magical amus to craft them you need to be clvl93 to be sure, 92 to have 90% chance, lvl 91 to have 60%, 90 to have 50%...
    crafted ilvl (in this case 90) = clvl/2 + ilvl/2 , and you always must round down these numbers.

If you gamble you will get an item with one of ten ilvls. That´s possibilities:
    clvl-5, clvl-4, clvl-3, clvl-2, clvl-1, clvl, clvl+1, clvl+2,clvl+3, clvl+4

So, if you are clvl 91:
    91/2 = 45 (rounding down) so the second number must be 45 or higher to get possibility for +2 skills. It happens if you gamble clvl-1 or higher amu, It is in 6 cases of 10.

Highest area lvls are 85 so I am afraid that only Nithalak and Baal amus can be better than gambling. Check monster lvls for superuniques - I am not sure.

If DC would drop amus it would be perfect
    110/2 + 70/2 = 90. :lol:

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

minions and champions from lvl 85 areas get a +3 level bonus, so maybe they can drop ilvl ** ammy's, but the pickings would be slim.

pretty much any ammy you find that is +2 skills should be cube-worthy.

another thing i used to do was ask people to gamble for me.

4. Variable_Angel

Variable_Angel IncGamers Member

oh my god, your pounding my head into the ground (i can see the grass roots, hey, hey!)

what on earth are you speaking of?

first of all how did you find the ilvls for the specific mods you want

and what do i do with that number? (i'm trying to find out what level i should be to gamble/craft for certain mods)

you guys totally lost me

Roux

5. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

... your pounding my head into the ground (i can see the grass roots, hey, hey!) - Is it you who have *greeseaterplay account? I was trading with such a guy yesterday :lol: )
    Seriously: Look here: http://www.diabloii.net/items/item-generation.shtml to learn something about items generation. This stuff is in part outdate but you can learn definitions anyway - so you know what people are talking about (not need to watch grass roots :)). You prolly need to check alvl (affix lvl for mods you need.

6. Variable_Angel

Variable_Angel IncGamers Member

umm... no that's not my account (my cousin took over so i don't lose it due to my brother loading mh and junk (WE CAN"T PLAY NOW!)) Gah!

but next time i'm on, i'll speak with him. seems like he's got a personality like me

WOOT!

thanks for the tip sangfangel

7. Rekk_Dalton

Rekk_Dalton IncGamers Member

there are areas with level 99 (the pit, mausoleum, ancient tunnels, maggot lair level 3, sewers 2 (in act 3), all of act 4 and 5, and a few more i missed) so items from there have an ilvl of 99 right?

8. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

See my reply in the other thread. Those areas drop level 85 items. Only Baal drops level 99 items.

9. goneil

goneil IncGamers Member

Im pretty sure you need to be lvl 95 to craft a +2 skills ammy, so if your trying to get a +2 skill ammy you might as well just lvl to 95 and gamble your crafting ammys.