Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

getting sick of it

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Agateryon, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Agateryon

Agateryon IncGamers Member

getting sick of it

I'm just getting sick of some people who pay on diablo 2, this people will make me quit the game.. I played for 4 months to get an IST rune. today i got the first ist of life after 4 months of creating 2 diff chars for it, and now some guy cheated me and steald my ist rune.. i guess i cant trust anyone anymore..

( i dont how i wrote this post without saying "bad" words :lol: )

2. Dark Bushido

Dark Bushido Banned

Pathetic how the immaturity and depraved attention of people come out by ripping off other people's enjoyment.

It's just a part of the online community, the good with the bad.

Playing solo online or off is a good way to ensure you don't get cheated out of something, but it does take away from the multi-player drawcard. There is an active single player community here though.

3. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

welcome to bnet.

a few pointers:dont trust any random person you meet

and its generally safer to trade with ppl on this forum

4. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

By the way, getting an Ist rune is not that difficult. I don't think you need to take 4 months. Try easier magic finding builds (ie. skellymancer/blizzard sorc). When you find something you are unsure of its value you could try the trade value forum. Also, hellforge drops could be cool; always do them solo.

Good luck

5. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Starting out and not knowing much about How to play this game; it can take longer than four months to get your first Ist. If I had had (<yes, this is correct sentence structure) some help, or at least some guidance, I could have gotten an Ist faster than that when I first started. As it was I didn't know about these forums or build guides or even magic find for way too long. Also it can depend a Lot on how much 'play' time you have.

For an experienced player starting out on ladder, it dosen't take long at all.
    I predict I will have my first Ist within a few days of the new ladder reset. Some players will get one on the third or forth day (or even the first day) I would guess.

For new players, four months to get an Ist can be considered well played!

SeDnA's advice on solo forge, trade values, and magic find builds will help.

6. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I consider d2 these days to be comprised of 10,000+ users per realm where 8000+ of those are botters/dupers

7. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Impressions of the trade forum

This means trading, I suppose.

I found that trading on the trade forum here is ok --- judging from what I read about bnet trading it's even close to perfect.

Prices *seem* be lower than on bnet --- good for me (I'm just an occasional player, not a 24/7 pro player), maybe not so good for the people into HRs and such. There is no guarantee either that things work out --- after all, everyone can register here without any form of "test", but so far I haven't had any problems (but then, I'm not trading a lot of runes...).

The "drop trades" used on the forum (people drop their stuff on the ground for the other player to pick up --- don't know if that's also done for the really expensive stuff, though) should invite thieves, but much to my surprise this doesn't seem to be a problem. I've even had people dropping lots of other stuff during the trade which wasn't part of the trade, but they had to rearrange their inventory or mule items around... and it wasn't Isenhart breastplates they dropped.

I'm not going that far, but it's still impressive how things still seem to work out well here, despite this being an open community.

As a side note --- I recently had a trade that the other player had agreed on, but later someone else offered more (at least I think his offer was higher). There was some confusion because the seller hadn't noticed the "clash" so we weren't tallking about the same thing, but when that was cleared up he traded with me simply because he had agreed to it before. Again, keep in mind that I'm not talking about me offering 3 pgems and the other guy offering 3 HRs.

8. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

Could you explain what kind of situation was this?
    You say he stole your ist, were you muling with some stranger or something?
    He couldn't steal it just like that, or maybe you did a drop trade, or what?
    I always mule alone (wait 5 mins in the game, drop items in the game and pick up with some other char), it can be risky at times because of the realm downs etc but much safer than muling with other people, unless a trusted friend.

EDIT : I'm sorry for your loss

9. 380 Realm

380 Realm IncGamers Member

I've been playing the expansion ever since it came out and *never* found any rune higher than Um, not even with over 100% mf.

10. Agateryon

I made 2 builds a blizzard one that is lvl 80 and a meteorb build wich is the one i'm working into right now, built a merc for countess runs with an eth bonehew and a vampires gaze. about the hellforge, i always do them solo..and i got a gul, traded it for ist um... I dont have much luck in countess runs, especially with unique archers, with that amplify damage, they kill me quite fast lol.
    About the trade, i was stupidified by that change think for an item that look the same but it wasn´t (i.e green shako for harlequin crest) i never got cheated with this technic until yesterday, i was kinda sleppy and well this is how everything happened. The highest runes i get on countess are hel runes :lol:

11. Agateryon

heh i was so happy when i got my um rune, in a chest in far oasis :D

ang then i got the gul in the hellforge

at least i learned something, i will just trade those things here :S

12. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Merlin

I don't think MF has anything to do with finding runes, just magic, rare, set, and unique items (over gray or white items, of which I think runes qualify). I had 5% MF and found a Lum in a chest (Hell difficulty)...I also had 0% MF with another character and found an Ist in a Blood Moor chest (Hell again). I have about 350% MF with one of my sorceresses and though she can find a lot of good to terrific magic or above items, her runes finds have been rather mundane (found a Gul but never got any runes higher than that...next best was an Amn).

13. TheSpeaker

TheSpeaker IncGamers Member

I was "hacked" by some newb... can't believe I fell for it.
    This guy had mh, and I wanted it. So he added me to msn and sent it to me. But it contained a file that got him all my d2 account passwords and he stripped all of my guys. Luckily he gave them back and left some ok items... but al of the high end items he took. :(

I am still in contact with him and I am plotting my revenge. ^_^

14. JasonBriggs

JasonBriggs IncGamers Member

lol whats the point in revenge? if you have a decent character with some OK items your should be able to build up a decent item base within a few days, just run all the way through hell killing everything that you can, this is usually how you find the best things and er.....dont you have virus scan?

It took me 2 years to find my first ist btw, i always keep quiting and starting again, then all my itemas disappear and stuff lol :D

15. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

MF has no effect on runedrops (none at all, i.e. it doesn't make you find more, fewer, better or worse runes).

16. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

If that's the case, you won't get much sympathy here. MH is banned on these forums. So most people will say you got what you deserved.