Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Getting rich...

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by OU Fiji, Jun 15, 2005.

1. OU Fiji

OU Fiji Diabloii.Net Member

Getting rich...

Alright, I just got back into d2 a few days again and I've created my first character back; a Meteorb sorc. She's doing alright (currrently level 61 and doing Nightmare Baal runs), but I've reached a plateau...I really don't have any good items or Topaz to socket in items to gain mf. What can I do to get some decent items so I can start mfing Nightmare Meph? Should I do Nightmare cows and look for flawless gems to upgrade to perfect, or is there something quicker and more efficient I could be doing? Any help would be greatly appreciated because I feel like even after I reach level 70 or 75 from doing baal runs, I'm still not gonna be well enough equipped to do decent Meph runs. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. marcello

marcello Banned

make HF quest in nm and hope for um, that´s a good start off.

3. kmk-soldier

kmk-soldier Diabloii.Net Member

searchin pgems, easy trade for items here like ocu,chance,skullders,shako,...
    and maybe andy runs, hopefully she drops some good

4. Miladys-Knight

Miladys-Knight Diabloii.Net Member

I do nightmare travincial runs at the point you are at now. Lots of gold drops, lots of gems and a decent amount of charms. Use the gold to gamble rares, pick up the gems, check in travincial for gem shrines for a quick boost from flawless to perfect. If you have enough gems but just need them perfected, switch to normal diff and run/tp through the shrine rich areas in act 1 to find gem shrines. Kill countess on nightmare a few times also you can get some decent mid level runes from her (Sol, amn, shael, etc) that could be traded or upgraded and you may be able to make a wealth armor fairly quickly. Pick up and check "blue" rings you can find rings with ~25 to magic find from just that. Do a few nightmare meph runs. Nightmare Meph can drop viper magi and some other useful midrange items and he's fast to kill so even with out any MF you could still get some starter items. Go to the first way point in act 3 and go down inside the spider cavern there. Teleport to the sparkly chest there (you can often get to it with out even getting attacked or hit) and pop it open. Good things can drop from there and its cheap, easy and fast to get to.

5. Superhal

Superhal Diabloii.Net Member

imho, one of the key strategies for starting from scratch is gem shrines. never cube up your flawless topazes, and if you are in truly dire straights, you shouldn't cube up your normals either. i hit my goal of 3 perf topazes by nightmare, and got the next 4 by running a4 a few times. you can actually triple your ptopz output simply by looking for gem shrines, and a lot of them appear on the way to meph during mephruns. also, even a gem shrine in normal will make a perf topz.

this is also, imho, a very good argument for not getting rushed with your first char.

6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

Just search for gems at this time. You can buy most of the uniques and set items you'll want with Pgems eventually.