Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

getting rich problems

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by spocker, Jul 1, 2005.

1. spocker

spocker IncGamers Member

getting rich problems

Ok, heres the deal... When ladder started I was pretty well off, I mfed a ton. So back them I would find a shako and trade it for an um and so of course setting up a complete hammerdin was nothing. But I gave my acount to a friend and started over because it got boring when i had nothing to strive for. So i restarted and am using a ful tals sorc with 497 mf a lil over 600 on switch. And my problem is i find alot of stuff that would have made my day back when ladder stated, but it just doesnt trade for jack. So i figured id just mf like no other and wait for the greats to pop up, and after over 1000 runs best thing that i got was a 27 maras. So can anyone help on what to do with the items i find to make the most out of them. or how do people that restart like me get rich again. Never realized how much this ladder has changed since this experience.

2. Freezing Rain

Freezing Rain IncGamers Member

Mf Countess, some rune drops will start you off on easy street (ists) :thumbsup:

3. Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey IncGamers Member

Just trade the green and gold items you don't need into perfect gems. They are more popular than ever these days.
    Pit- and Countess runs will do you good too.

Story from the real world:
    Some months ago, I traded a Mavina armor and a T. God's for Um, Shael and six pgs. Today I got both of them back, but it only costed me 10 pgs.

4. spocker

spocker IncGamers Member

I have a pure blizz sorc so i just mf meph and pindle. Right now im trying out filling a few mules selling them cheap and doing it all over again but my internet crashed. Ill make probably a hr or 2 a week (estimate). But I see all these ppl talking about making x number of hrs per day and I just dont see how. Even if they bot thats just mffing when your not looking at the screen. So how do people make hr(s) every single day?

5. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

they either bot, ebay, or dupe. Either way, it's not legit. The quickest way is to trade for a HR although it's most likely a dupe. Ist runes are usually the currency.

6. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

The real trade bait is in socketables, especially ethereal socketables. Items like superior light elite 3 socket armors go for multiple ists. Other examples are 5 socket ethereal elite weapons, 4 socket monarchs, 4 socket amazon bows, etc.

7. LiquidIce

LiquidIce IncGamers Member

is there ways of increasing drop rate of eth? i found a g bane today and asked for offers but no one wanted it... :(

8. Unrealism

Unrealism IncGamers Member

I play nonladder east, and I found that the key is smart trading.

Ex:
    I found a pally offensive aura gc, and traded it for an soj. Then traded the soj for a pally offensive aura gc, gores, plus a few other things I cant remember.

Another example:
    I had a bb enigma (they costs 3 sojs on nonladder US East). I found a game called 4 sojs 4 nigma. Join the game, trade the enigma i was currently using off for the 4 sojs. Then traded 3 sojs for a dusk enigma. I got a better enigma and an extra soj out of it.

Alot of times, its being in the right place at the right time.

9. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

you could also run baal for charms and collect gems for rolling. roll a couple nice baal charms and you're on your way.

10. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

If you know the value of items well, you can trade pretty much like traders do in a real world. They buy something - then sell it at higher price.
    Just like Unrealism described.
    When people are rich, and/or need to exchange something quickly (don't want to spend time to get the best price), they make really good offers, giving for something 2 or 3 times more it is typicaly worth.
    As an example - I managed to buy a HoZ with only a Pul, while Um-Mal is its normal EuHCL price.
    But this type of Diablo II "business" can take some time. Finding items is better and more fun, IMO.

11. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

In theory, you probably should have the least amount of MF as possible, to increase the chance of white items dropping, which in turn increases the chance of an ethereal item.