Getting high "Gold Find" in classic

JEstevam

Diabloii.Net Member
Getting high "Gold Find" in classic

What else is there besides tarn, chancies, goldwrap?

Any other options besides barb and hell trav?

-Tempus-, i recall you posting about this, but I couldn't find it in "Search"

Zodijackyl

Diabloii.Net Member
goldskin, goldwrap, chancies, and tarn are pretty much standard on a barb, along with modded amu/rings and boots, with the boots usually having gf/mf and fr+lr, the rings having leech ar and resists, and the amulet having skills, resists, and whatever else you want.

As for other options, nothing works as well as a barb for straight up gold finding, especially because barbs are capable of getting a good amount of magic find along with gold find.

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
goldwrap/rare/magic belt 80% (yes, goldwraps varry in GF)
goldskin fixed
chancies fixed
boots 80%
rings 40%
amulet 80%

You could take 2 patriarchs into your hands for the popping, but they take up a lot of space. If I even bother to switch with my GF barb, I switch to 2 gulls.
If you have the 2 comps and 2 diablo's option like Goomba, you could ench your 2 patriarch barb and flayer with him. enching for hell travi is useless since most of them are fire immune.
You can get several stacks of 30k gold out of a single Council member.
For a GF barb max FI is advised.

goomba

Diabloii.Net Member
goldwrap/rare/magic belt 80% (yes, goldwraps varry in GF)
goldskin fixed
chancies fixed
boots 80%
rings 40%
amulet 80%

You could take 2 patriarchs into your hands for the popping, but they take up a lot of space. If I even bother to switch with my GF barb, I switch to 2 gulls.
If you have the 2 comps and 2 diablo's option like Goomba, you could ench your 2 patriarch barb and flayer with him. enching for hell travi is useless since most of them are fire immune.
You can get several stacks of 30k gold out of a single Council member.
For a GF barb max FI is advised.
doesn't tarn have gf too? I obviously don't pay too much attention to details lately...

-Tempus-

Diabloii.Net Member
Classic Build Guides and Other Useful Information:
D2Classic MF-Goldfind item list -Tempus-

Could someone explain why goldfinding works better than standard magicfinding and selling? =/
it does and it doesnt...
in LOD where the max goldfind is 3990% can get you tons and tons of gold. most people can get +500k per run just from gold drops. if they sell all the items that drop in that run they often can only get a few 100k (i've got a post someplace where i show how much gold drops from the first kill, using the FI skill and how much gold from items)

now in classic the max GF you can get on a barb is only ~1000% (thats using pre lod items) now most barbs will only have ~600% without using 2 of the uniqs "The Patriarch" that give 100%gf each when using the FI skill. so in classic you can get about the same amount of gold by selling items as you can by gf. but the goldfind barb is going to get more total gold since they will be doing both, gf and selling stuff for gold. also the goldfind barb can also have a good % of mf too. 40% chance, 30% goldwarp, 50% tarn, mf/gf amulet, mf/gf boots. since 2 gulls take up so little room you can have 2 of them and still have 2 The Patriarch if you want to go for the highest gf drops.

a good goldfind barb only needs to change a few items to become a good mf barb.

-Tempus-

Rawly

Diabloii.Net Member
enching for hell travi is useless since most of them are fire immune.
Not strictly true enchant gives a good boost to AR, so will help you hit them.

As for two computers i would suggest a hammerdin with high gf set up and a max gf baba (with dual patriarchs stood waiting to use maxed fi skill. Can get 400-500k a run like this and paladin kills really quickly. Think i was averaging 6-7 million gold per hour with this set up.

quadeddie

Diabloii.Net Member
Aye, also fixed at 50, but the OP mentioned it already and I forgot to list it. :)
Correction: 75 GF (and a potential for 50 MF)

I might try the Pally / Barb Cleanup crew on trav... interesting idea as I'm only getting about 100k of raw gold now (a little more from items) from my baba - and he can't do full trav games (he's getting smeared at lvl 80).

-Tempus-

Diabloii.Net Member
i always just run solo games (or 2ppl if using 2nd pc)

100k from just gold drops seems very low, 200-300k should be about avg. to hit +500k in classic per run would be very hard even with selling items unless you do more then just the high council members in trav.

oh btw if you like i can do 10 runs with my barb and list what i find for
total gold drop
gold drop using FI skill
gold sold from items

that would give you a good idea what you can get in classic with almost 1000% gf. the list i made a long time ago was in LOD with +3200% that wouldnt help that much for classic but it would show that a GF barb can get +50% more gold with high lev FI skill.

-Tempus-

quadeddie

Diabloii.Net Member
i always just run solo games (or 2ppl if using 2nd pc)

100k from just gold drops seems very low, 200-300k should be about avg. to hit +500k in classic per run would be very hard even with selling items unless you do more then just the high council members in trav.

oh btw if you like i can do 10 runs with my barb and list what i find for
total gold drop
gold drop using FI skill
gold sold from items

that would give you a good idea what you can get in classic with almost 1000% gf. the list i made a long time ago was in LOD with +3200% that wouldnt help that much for classic but it would show that a GF barb can get +50% more gold with high lev FI skill.

-Tempus-
That would help alot - I don't have high gf equip (angelics, tarn, and rares) - so maybe I'm sacrificing some gf for mf (which I have been pleased with the mf drops).

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
If you're in v1.06 Classic Diablo 2, here is the Extra Gold % from rare items:

More Gold

Available on
Greed 40-60% Extra Gold From Monsters Rings, Amulets
Wealth 80-120% Extra Gold From Monsters Boots, Gloves, Belts, Amulets

(beware of the n-1 bug so it's max 59% and 119% Extra gold respectively).

Source (the same one used by Blizzard North at one point):

http://web.archive.org/web/20000816000040/www.battle.net/diablo2/items/suf.shtml

http://web.archive.org/web/20000818010139/www.battle.net/diablo2/items/pre.shtml
I wonder which of the older patches are played the most by single players.

And note that some of the mods he mentioned still float around on old items in Non-ladder aswell.

-Tempus-

Diabloii.Net Member
hard # for GF in classic

ok here are some goldfind numbers to look at for Solo Classic NL SC Hell
gold and items are only from Hell High Council members inTrav.

86 barb with 51% FI skill (needs 2 more levs to max FI)
first kill: 750%gf 85%mf
when using FI: 950%gf 85%mf (984% is his best)

1. total gold from killing only
2. total gold from FI only
3. total # of 2nd drops (FI skill)
4. total gold from selling items (not counting gems i save them)
5. # of trips to town to sell junk items :shocked:
6. total gold for that run

note: i cant format :embarassed:
104k__153k__5__189k__4__446k
_98k__161k__8__216k__5__475k
_60k__zero__0___71k__2__131k :cry:
108k___77k__4___80k__3__265k
_99k___50k__5___62k__2__211k
_94k__140k__8___91k__4__325k
126k___73k__6__200k__5__399k
184k__240k_10__245k__4__669k killer run :grin:
115k__135k__5___95k__3__345k
_36k___96k__5__100k__5__232k
total 10 runs: 3.498 mill (avg 350k/run)

when i have more time i'll do 10 more runs with a high mf and less gf.
354gf 245mf (445mf with FI)

-Tempus-

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
Format looks a whole lot better then anything I've been able to format on here so far. Well, you could pillage from the new accounts listing thread. Dacar uses a good form of listing in there where [tab] works.

350k that is a mighty sweet average. :)

What are you using on your barb ? Perfect wrap I guess ? I noticed you use patriarchs for the pop. Guess that helps get the average up. But they are quite big in your inv, aren't they ? Even if you put one in your box and your tomes above or below your box, it still takes up 4 by 4 in your inv.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Tempus said:
note: i cant format
Use a Windows text document, with the extension .txt. This is a text editor with a fixed width font. Word does not use a fixed width. The .txt format does. This makes it easy to use the space bar to make your columns, instead of the tab key. Then just copy and past into a code in the post window.

Code:
104k  153k  5   189k  4  446k
98k   161k  8   216k  5  475k
60k   zero  0   71k   2  131k 
108k  77k   4   80k   3  265k
99k   50k   5   62k   2  211k
94k   140k  8   91k   4  325k
126k  73k   6   200k  5  399k
184k  240k  10  245k  4  669k
115k  135k  5   95k   3  345k
36k   96k   5   100k  5  232k

total 10 runs: 3.498 mill (avg 350k/run)
It may not always look perfect when you paste it into the posst window. But hit submit and it usually lines up.

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member
Not strictly true enchant gives a good boost to AR, so will help you hit them.

As for two computers i would suggest a hammerdin with high gf set up and a max gf baba (with dual patriarchs stood waiting to use maxed fi skill. Can get 400-500k a run like this and paladin kills really quickly. Think i was averaging 6-7 million gold per hour with this set up.
That's a good setup and I did a similar one a while ago. The problem I had is that I kept accidentally redeeming corpses when clearing with the hammerdin (doh!) until I took it off my hotkeys (and switched that key to Unsummon, to remind myself when I was lapsing.) Drinking a few mana pots is well worth the big piles of gold.

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for doing that and reporting the data, Tempus! Those are pretty impressive runs and will make hopefully for some good gambling!

-Tempus-

Diabloii.Net Member
350k that is a mighty sweet average. :)
when i'm not counting junk i just id the drops and only save the ones that sell for alot. i do the same in LOD, there are just too many nice magic items that can drop to not id them.

What are you using on your barb ?
this is my main mf/gf barb for classic (86pole barb)
198 part with 40% ias 3%ML 10%LL (Pskull) my best poles were moved to LOD when it came out, still have them on a mule and they still blow :cry:
helm: 49%mf 75%gf tarn (no lev req)
plate: goldskin or tranced's plate
belt: plated belt 19 str 37%LR -25% PLR 104%GF (lev22) or goldwrap 79%
gloves: chance
boots: 104 def 8 str 2 dex 22%FR 29%PR 93%gf (not my best but they work) this mf boots are just some junk ones i picked up. his real MF boots are so damn good i keep using them on new chars/mules so they can use more stuff at lev 22.
amulet: tranced's or a lev13 with 99% gf 12%CR -50%PLR 2 mana and 2 light as a backup i've got a 75% amulet with 16 dex resist all (45% CR)
rings:
54%gf 57%CR 15%LR 20%FR 15%PR 13mana
25%gf 35AR 5%LL 25life 24%FR
59%gf 4dex 7%CR 11%LR 2DR 2light (lev13)
50%gf 43mana (lev22)
2 patriarchs
2 gulls

with this 950%gf setup he has max to all (but poison)

ya the patriarchs do take up a lot of room, i keep them on a different char most of the time and only pull them out when i'm doing to high gf runs. most of the time i'll use the gulls. BLIZZARD NEEDS TO ADD WEAPON SWITCH TO CLASSIC!! oh and sockets to uniqs/sets :idea:

-Tempus-

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
Alrighty then. I guess you've been in the game of Goldfinding for quite some time, since you have all those prelod items on. :)
Wouldn't that tarn look good on a low level dueler ?