Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Getting back into the game - class to roll?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Anddacin, May 25, 2008.

1. Anddacin

Anddacin IncGamers Member

Getting back into the game - class to roll?

Hey everyone! Haven't been around in a long time but I just reinstalled the game. My account is long gone so Ill be starting from scratch on USEast Ladder - what do you folks recommend for a starter class with no gear that ill be able to level and get gear with? Obviously no classes that require lots of gear (since I don't have any) - I've heard summon necros are decent but I have no experience with them.

Also, if anyone has any extra gear or time and feels like helping me out, send me a PM!

Thanks for the help!

2. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

Re: Getting back into the game - class to roll?

Summon necros are easy to use. All you do basically is summon up an army and hide behind them casting curses & corpse explosion as they beat on things. There's a guide here http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=349093

The sorceress also has some good builds, such as meteorb, blizz, fireball/meteor, and frozen orb.

These 2 classes are probably your best bet. There are definitely others though that you can look into.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  3. iewcce

iewcce IncGamers Member

Barb maceclass ww'er.. ez to kill with, easy to get ur hands on decent 2h maceweapon, natural resist, skill to lower enemys def. Best starter - period.

4. Anddacin

Thanks - Ill take a look at necro and sorc and see which seems easier to level without any starting gear. What are the preferred methods for leveling now-a-days? Last time I played it was hell rushes to cow level or something, been a while.

5. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Fastest ways to level are getting grushed to hell act 4 and leeching off of chaos runs, or getting grushed to hell act 5 and sitting in uberT. Other ways would be to get to lvl 25 and sit in do normal baal runs till mid 40s, then nm baal runs till mid 70s, then onto hell baal runs.

6. Anddacin

What is a grush and how would I find someone to do it?

7. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

A grush is when you are lower level than the ancient quests*20/40/60* and there is someone in the game that has done the ancients and kills baal for the quest. As long as you are in act 5 you will get credit for the baal quest and you can move onto the next diff. Just look around for rush games, might be wise to give up you forges to have someone rush you on your first char. so you can start mfing and gaining wealth.

8. Anddacin

I appreciate the help - I think I'm going to roll a max block meteorb sorc as they seem pretty gear independent for doing hell meph runs but are capable of doing mostly anything when they are geared. Are there any channels or forums where one might be able to find people that will rush for hellforges?

9. Bad Ash

Bad Ash IncGamers Member

I will also suggest a sorc. It is probably the easiest class to start mfing with until you find gear to make the better classes in the game. With a sorc you can teleport and do baal run and Meph run with just orb alone (usually) so good choice!

Usually you can get rushes for forges in the trade channel, or ask people in the rush help thread of this forum!

10. TheNamelessOne

TheNamelessOne IncGamers Member

You say Fishy/Sorc, surely cutting some cookies would be easier??