Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Getting a Blizzard employee drunk… he talked!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Morphinia, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Morphinia

Morphinia IncGamers Member

Getting a Blizzard employee drunk… he talked!

Getting a Blizzard employee drunk… he talked! :coffee:

Okay well long story short… I visited a friend in California for a weekend. He made a friend a while back who works for Blizzard. (For obvious reasons we will not be including any names.) Well the three of us went out for wings that night. However this story does have to do with D3 not just future games. So I’ll post it here. After wing night, we went home started having a few drinks. We began with a bit of guitar hero. Colored notes started flashing by, and so did the drinks. ;) Well we weren’t really trying to pry too much because he is kind of our friend… I guess, or his friend at least. He was a little vague on a few parts so I’ll leave them out. The main things we did get out of him are: “Yes the World of Diablo was already decided on.†As most of you have already guessed. Now we tell why this is posted here. “Diablo 3 is actually more of the “harbinger†as Diablo put it, of World of Diablo.†Apparently as we talked about the game for a little bit. Diablo 3 is going to be a “platform†type of game so to speak, to build upon the Diablo storyboard. Most likely we will be seeing, factions, creation of factions, new cities, and towns. Supposedly the revelation of the character classes we will see in the new mmorpg or as I’m getting to strategy. The vague part as I put it was actually Blizzard apparently discussing the possible creation of a Diablo strategy game. However rather then make Diablo into a strategy game. Blizzard most likely will just shove the whole “LOTR†sized storyboard into Diablo 3. That part has not yet been decided. Over all that’s really as much as we were able to get out of him so. So I’m not going to start to try and make things up. That’s simply all we got. :coffee:

2. Bad Ash

Bad Ash IncGamers Member

Re: Getting a Blizzard employee drunk… he talked!

so diablo 3 is going to lead into a MMO World of Diablo is what your saying?

3. Morphinia

Yes that sums it up.

4. sbn

sbn IncGamers Member

Sorry but this "story" is about as believable as the guy down on 42nd street who has a bridge to sell me.

5. Morphinia

Well I'll say this much if you all don't believe it close it for the time being, but leave it around. When you actually get to play Diablo 3 and beat the game.. well not beat it but beat Diablo and friends. Then I can laugh and say "haha i told you so."

6. Bad Ash

Bad Ash IncGamers Member

please tell me it is really going to be called "Diablo and Friends" hahaha

7. Ghosted

Ghosted IncGamers Member

What if Blizzard games are really moving towards that direction and maybe in 10 years or so we have a "World of Blizzard" that tells us the story of how dinosaurs dissapeared, which of course explains how "Hell is frozen over" but is a prequal to actual civilization now a days...or a prequal to the SIMS really...who knows...

8. Magi

Magi IncGamers Member

I've got some beach-front property in Arizona if you're interested! :thumbup:

9. alron

alron IncGamers Member

In the interviews coming out of WWI and in the discussions with the producers you do get a very common theme regarding the story and the characters along with their world. Their focus seems to be much more story driven which in turn reinforces the idea of setting up the stage for a MMO.

I'd have no problem with that, I'd love WOD.

10. aSimpleFear

aSimpleFear IncGamers Member

It seems like a likely decision. As long as the story line actually continues in an enjoyable way... (unlike WoW- go kill 3 bunny rabbits, collect 4 tusks from happy boars, collect 1 hoof from the unicorn of enternal smiles).

11. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

dear god not another mmo. i was happy as hell to see the new diablo was not a mmo

12. kontankarite

kontankarite IncGamers Member

Dude, I SO see World of Diablo coming. I was pretty certain it would, but friends always said that they already have WoW and WoW was too much like Diablo.

I'm inclined to agree. We don't really need yet another WoW that tries to come off as super dark and evil. Hell, they're already doing that with D3.

13. Sein Schatten

Sein Schatten IncGamers Member

I agree. Actually, before D3 was announced, I hoped for a new IP. a Sci-Fi MMORPG. :D

14. amarsin

amarsin IncGamers Member

I find this very believable because it seems to follow a preset trend with Blizzard games. Think back to Warcraft III...that game served as a means to create alliances, factions, characters, and stories for Blizzard's next game - World of Warcraft which happens to be an mmorpg.

It makes sense for Blizzard to do the same thing once again especially considering how successful WoW has been. By the time we get to see World of Diablo, WoW will be on the decline and WoD will be the new money maker for our homies at Blizzard.

15. Bad Ash

Bad Ash IncGamers Member

Id probably try a WoD or WoStarcraft...as long as they made them different enough from WoW since they would be entering the same genre

16. sbn

sbn IncGamers Member

People, don't be so naive. I am sorry to say this, and sorry if this offends the OP. But for years people come in with these "stories" of "I have a friend..." or "I met a Blizzard employee...".

Well to date 99.9% of them have been pure BS. Just about a year or so ago here at this site someone had the big huge inside information that said Diablo 3 was going to be like WOW. Well, have we all seen the video? Does anyone think this is WOW?

Sorry OP, but I find these posts rather annoying as we get tons of these all the time everywhere

17. xibbog

xibbog IncGamers Member

I too call shenanigans.

18. kontankarite

kontankarite IncGamers Member

Riff Raff...

19. Rashiminos

Rashiminos IncGamers Member

Ugh, World of Ruin.

20. razen

razen IncGamers Member

believable as in the part that the OP has 12 posts and 6 of them is in this thread?

I happen to have a friend that has a friend that has a friend that knows someone that is the friend of one of the guy that works next to the building that can see the headquarter of Blizzard. According to him, (which I got him drunk at 2 A.M.) Diablo 3 is going to be a turn-based game featuring bunnies and leprechauns.