Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Generation of a dropped item

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by malky, Oct 30, 2006.

1. malky

malky IncGamers Member

Generation of a dropped item

Hello.

in D2LOD;

When is an item generated, when the monster dies / chest opens, or when the chest / monster is created?
    The point is if I do something like Andarial NM run, and I run into a lot of monsters, are the stuff they drop already generated when I see them (and thus by not killing them I will have lost something perhaps valuable), or not (so I can just avoid them until I get to Andarial...).. hope the question's clear :)

Second question -
    If I type /players 8 - when does it begin to affect? ie if I do Andarial NM, and I only do "/players 8" on the room before her, does it do any good? or should I do it in the Catacombs level 3?

Thank you, malky.

2. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

HP/exp are determined when the monster spawns. The chance of NoDrop is determined when the monster dies. Yes, this is abusible in single player.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The number of players (no matter if simulated or not) doesn't affect monsters which have already spawned. Andariel will probably get spawned as soon as you enter L4 of the Catacombs because the stairs are rather near to her. That means, type /players 8 in Catacombs 3, shortly before you go down the stairs. It's probably the same with Mephisto. Regarding Diablo and Baal, you can enter /players 8 shortly before hitting the final seal or killing the final seal boss (whichever comes last) respectively before entering the Worldstone Chamber.

4. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I know when Mephisto gets spawned, because I had a rather slow computer before (short little 'lag spike' was the telling sign). It was when I moved up close to the doorway to Wyand Voidbringer´s room.

The Countess is spawned when you get almost in line with the second pair of doorways. I usually play on /p8 for the beginning of the area and in the first two "treasure chambers", then take it down to /p2 to maximize the rune drop chances.

I don´t know when Andariel spawns.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Yes, I know that small lag spike. It's a good Hephaistos detector :grin: - perhaps a few extra monsters are generated at the HF. The lag isn't big enough to notice Ãœber Izual or Lilith, that would be really useful.

6. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

This is the most recent tests from SPF:
    in this thread (edit: see post 1 and 18), Frostburn and I made a test and it seems that if you upgrade the player settings, the no-drop is based on monster spawn time. If you downgrade the settings, the no-drop is based on monster kill time.