Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

General Wolf Tactics

Discussion in 'Druid' started by SneekySneeky, Oct 3, 2006.

1. SneekySneeky

SneekySneeky IncGamers Member

General Wolf Tactics

Sorry if i missed it somewhere but if i did can someone point me in the right direction. I'm a slow hitting fury with rabies as back up.
    I wondering how to duel the basic build types. I have problems with everything.
    I seem rather slow so i just seem to run after people as they rip me apart.

I die rather fast because of my lack of res and health but i still think i should be able to get a hit on some peeps.

Most of all how can i counter a wussy trappsin that just traps and tps.
    I can get near them and i die in about 20-30 seconds.

Thanks

2. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

I hope this helps...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Hey I don't really know your budget but I'll give you a few items that'r, some would say nubbish, but verrry effective in my opinion at low cash ^^ :

You don't even need much, something like this...

Helm: Jalal 'shael' --> this brings u to 48% fhr breakpoint, which is good enough
    Armor: Guardian Angel+ Ort (aldurs boots compensate for fire)
    Weapon: find a Lo rune and make GRIEF! if not, Horizons tornado or something like that is pgems to get ^^
    Shield: Storm Shield + pDiamond/um if u can
    Belt: Thundergods --great life/strgth/light sorb ><
    Boots: aldurs boots
    gloves: bloodfists/trang gloves
    rings/ammy: anghellics ammy/ring +raven is all you'll need (ez... so very ez to get)

*Stash: if you can't afford shape/lifers... just get like 3 (they're ez, like a pul a piece) and just stack life or w/e your lacking k. cheap Dtorch...cost nothing, like Um.

Sideboard!!!
    These items are minor but 'make' your character in some instances:
    'Treachery' -- ...prebuff fade + GA +TGods = lolly trapperz
    Nokoziak ammy +hellmouth gauntlets....+GA = lolly fire sorcs
    IK Belt/Gloves for attempting fury--barbs...or just stick with trangs for rabies

I personally suggest if you used too much strength or like any dext with these items, to maybe start over. The anghellics totally neglect need for much dext, 'cause at 24k attackrating you'll have no problem hitting anything and u wont be swinging air ever. With GA, the +20% chance to block means u can keep your dext lower and reach max block. SS will give a fair 35% damage reduction. Plus, with equipment I gave you, your resists should be in the upper 60-75, and when facing opponents who use facets... just stack your resists by running around with treachery to get faded, then go teach 'em a lesson. Remember, if you have enough speed... as soon as his traps run out and he has to recast that's when u close in and slap him = )
    hope any of this helps, peace

3. stoutewolf

stoutewolf IncGamers Member

Ga=heavy armor=slow druid

i suggest you use a coh if you need res or enigma+treachury as prebuff:azn:

4. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Helm: jalals shealed its praticly the cheapest item you could ever get. get one never look back.

armor: fort, and treachery the only 2 armors your ever going to need.

sheild: stormsheild shealed

rings: 2 raven frosts with high ar, and 20 dex

ammy: highlords wrath

weapon: greif phase blade high damage, high -resists

boots: gores

gloves: dracs the more str on them the better.

Belt: 24% fhr, plus to life, plus to str / can sup with a verds belt.

Now here is the key for a good werewolf

charms its all in the charms. 9 shape lifers, 1 anni, 1 hellfire, and 10 ar lifers small charms.

or

9 ar lifer gc, 1 anni, 1 hellfire, and 10 ar lifer smallcharms

or

37 ar lifer small charms, 1 anni, and 1 hellfire.

Thats how your going to get a ton of life. Your resists are all ways covered.

This is the stuff I use and I trash trappers. I know that some of these items, charms mostly will cost you alot of time to get. Thats ok if you really want a top end dueling werewolf.

Jary GA armor blows. I have done really well with disapuls full set and in the past have killed my fare share of trapers with it.

5. SneekySneeky

SneekySneeky IncGamers Member

I currently use

Jalas
    Gave my fort to a friend but might be getting another soon.
    Botd warpike
    1 raven and one rare with like 200 ar
    Marrows
    Poison something gloves
    T-gods
    2 ss skills and 20 mf ammy
    and i have a pretty good torch

6. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Trade the warpike out for a ebotd greater poleaxe. You will see a large increase in attack speed and the damage will be a little less. Over all it is very much more effective, of a weapon. You know how when you get hit and foh happens. Wile you are furying away at a pack or a monster. That is the resson why I wont use that belt, t-gods. So ya trade that belt out as well.

Water walkers, aulders, ik, gore riders, and sandstorm trek. Are all great boots to use.

7. Unchosen

Unchosen IncGamers Member

I'm a bit old school so my information could be outdated but your attack speed should hover between either 4fpa and 5 fpa. Anything lower than that and you're asking for death.

I'm not sure the breaking points for each individual weapon so you may want to inquire about that instead. I suspect your FPA is not within the 4-5FPA and thus you swing too slow and die very fast.

Remember the old druid saying "Damage is King but Speed Kills"

Then you should focus on the PvP basics:

4-5FPA
    Max Damage reduction
    Max-High FHR
    High AR / High Life Leech
    High Damage.
    Additional bonuses.

I think I've ranked the check list from highest priority to lowest....someone who's abit more updated in the D2 PvP can fill in the finer points or correct me.

Good luck.