Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

General Questions

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Dymetreus, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Dymetreus

Dymetreus Diabloii.Net Member

General Questions

I many years ago, played Diablo as an addict, and quit for a long time because of my computer, and once I did I went onto WoW, and now I've finally remembered the long-lost game I had an addiction to so long ago. I'm considering playing again, however I need some questions answered first:

Are there many if any hackers? I never truly confirmed if some of the people who slaughtered me half my level were using hacks, however it was highly unusual, and my friend told me he was most likely hacking.

Is there enough people still playing to have a thriving economy? While I like the idea working for all my things, however it truly helps to have a thriving economy in order to purchase things which could help, such as Sigons. (if I remember the name correctly)

Are there still little to no moderators? I never did anything that would've been considered illegal but using a map hack, however I didn't get caught, and I remember a lot of people using it as well. I could however, be incorrect and was just lucky. But tbh, I ended up turning it off in the long run, because it made things too easy. Still, however, it made me curious if anyone monitored Diablo at all. I'm sure there's some security, but to what I believed back then, not enough.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  2. Caanmaster

Caanmaster Diabloii.Net Member

Re: General Questions

Welcome to the forum!

On Battle.net there is a lot of hackers/botters/spam and such.. Its annoying and will never go away im afraid.

There are still alot of people playing, so getting a strong economy takes time but are possible with some lucky drops/trading skills and such.

Gathering flawless gems to cube up to perfect gems can get you alot of gear that is needed to get thorugh nightmare and big parts of hell. But to be able to do the harder parts of hell you often need equipment which is valued in runes or alot of gems.

Hope i answered some of your issues.

Caan

3. Dymetreus

It's been a good while since I put up this post, but I came back to this website for a issue, concerning, "invalid version".

But back on topic, are there TRULY as many hackers as it may seem? While PvP normally, in many MMOs, are not a huge part of the game, normally supposedly, 25% as I've seen thus far. However, I've found that Diablo in my opinion, PvP is a good portion of the game, to test your build and wits to others, last time I played, it seemed as if I got a hacker every other hour, but there's almost no way of knowing if they are truly a hacker. And if they are, is there a way of reporting of such abuse? I've yet to see..

But it still saddens me that they can be so common, bots, I can understand, even WoW gets multiple a day on each realm, but hacking normally isn't an easy thing to do. I've heard talk from an old friend of mine, that you can practically find hacks downloadable at multiple sites, for free.

I'm pretty concerned, considering it'll be awhile before Diablo 3 comes out.

If I were offered a moderator position, no pay, to knock out hackers, bots, and the such, I'd find great pleasure in doing so. Again, many people would, I'd imagine.

4. Your Average WoW Player

Your Average WoW Player Diabloii.Net Member

If you're worried about hacking and the likes, try asking on the specific region forums and scrounge up a group of people. We're pretty intolerant of hackers and other scum on these forums.

5. Dymetreus

Nonono, I meant in actual Diablo it's self! Not the forums, heh.

6. Your Average WoW Player

As I said... Try talking around the various forums here to find people to play with. It's the best way to get away from hackers and other scum.

Actually, try the Player Matchup forum a few forums below this one. Just post your timezone and have at it. Trust me. Once you get a good circle of people to play with, you'll never notice that there are hacker scums and other puddles of xiongmao niao.

7. Dymetreus

Yeah, I was going to edit what I said before, as I noticed you did mean the actual game, but anyways..

Do explain more about these, "circles"? I'd like to learn more about them, also on an off-topic note...

Never mind, fixed the problem! So more about these, "circles"?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  8. Your Average WoW Player

Just a group of people you play with. Don't know why I use the word "circle" exactly (guess it comes from the term "circle of friends"), but simply put: It's just a group of people you play with more often than not.

9. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle Diabloii.Net Member

[​IMG]
    Band logo for Circle of Dead Children, I realized when I posted the image that maybe it was a tad illegible.