Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

General Questions

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by renfield, Mar 21, 2004.

1. renfield

renfield IncGamers Member

General Questions

Hello to all and sundry who read this. I've only been playing the game for about three weeks now, thanks to a loan from some friends. And While
    I've been doing pretty well with the Assassin I'm running I have some questions now, and will prolly have more later. I am BTW running in single player mode, can't trust my on-line connection enough for battle.net.

1 - On Sets: I've recently begun running across the pieces of Various sets and am wondering, is there a pattern to where/when the set pieces are dropped? I know about the CL thingy requirement, but I'm wondering about location wise? I've just gotten to the Pandemonium Fortress and when previously fighting the Council in trevincal and later in the Durance of Hate I got two pieces of the same set (And somewhere stupided and sold one of the pieces, DOH!). Does this happen often or am I going to be just praying for a random drop of the set pieces I neeed? I'm hoping there's going to be some sort of pattern where once you collect one piece the rest will eventually show up for that set, but since I've so far found pieces to four different sets...I'm not holding out hope.
    Also on Sets. Been wondering about the secondary weapon slot and sets. Say if I get a set like Signons Complete Steel, but I don't want to use the Shield Portion, can I equip it in the secondary equipment slot and still get the full effects of wearing the full set?
    More later.

2. renfield

Scratch my last question on the Secondary Itmes slot, answered that for myself by watching my stats as I switched back and forth between the two slots. Oh well...

3. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Set's don't drop in any particular area accept the cow king set, which obviously drops only in the cow lvl :)

But many low lvl sets have +- the same item lvl , so some monsters might drop them more often.

4. renfield

Another Question:
    I'm still chilling in the Pandemonium Fortress with 3 skill points unspent.
    Wondering who I have to kill to buy a scissors katar with 2-3 slots? or
    a set of Gothic Plate with slottage? None of the shops I've been to have
    had any slotted scissors katars and I've only seen one set of slotted gothic
    plate but it was a measly 105 defense with one slot. My current Plate armour
    is 163 def unique with lots of cool abilities, so not likely to give that up.
    The question is, what determines the rate of slotted items availible in the shops?
    I'm level 30 currently.

5. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

After Act 2 normal difficulty, you can't buy socketed non-magical gear. You can hope to find an Artisan's Scissors Katar at a shop, but that's probably not available until you get into Nightmare mode.

4 Socket Gothic doesn't drop in Normal either. The number of sockets an item gets depends on what level of monster drops it. Even though gothic plate can have 4 sockets, you will probably never see it drop with 4 sockets until you get into Nightmare since I believe the monster who drops it must be at least level 51.

6. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

its not unusual to get multiple drops of the same set piece...my sorc has gotten 4 Isenharts Case so for. No telling where they'll drop, but the higher your MF gear the better your chances.

If you're only doing single player, check out the Single Player Forum...a lot of the issues covered in the other forums relate only to MP, so you can get more specific SP answers there...and newbs are always welcome, too.

7. Legolas716@msn.com

[email protected] IncGamers Member

A quick question please if you could answer

Do you know where I could find a program to back up my diablo2 character. just started playing an don't want to lose my good stuff that I have found

reply to [email protected]
    thanks sorry for the stupod question

8. renfield

Are you talking about your online character?
    I can't help with that, but with single Player just make a copy of your Save Folder to your Desktop. Don't think it will work for online though.

9. spaker_man

spaker_man IncGamers Member

The point of the online is that your character does not reside on your home computer ... so you can't tamper with the files or back them up and restore them (a technique used in duping in Diablo 1)

but he's correct if you are playing single player.