Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

General questions on weapon stats mechanics

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TheLink, Jul 23, 2010.

1. TheLink

TheLink IncGamers Member

General questions on weapon stats mechanics

Hi all,

I'm new to d2 (yeah I know I'm about 10 years late, but I'm still finding it to be a good game).

Anyway, I'm making a Frenzy barb and a number of questions have come up. These are really just general questions about weapon stats mechanics, not specific to barbs.

1. if I have a weapon that says "adds 100-200 cold damage", does that cold damage have any effect on Phys Immune monsters, or is the entire damage negated because it comes from a weapon?

2. If I have a weapon that says "adds 10-20 damage", is that already factored into the damage range listed for the weapon at the top? I know that's not the case if it says "adds 10-20 cold damage", but wasn't sure about regular damage.

3. Same question for things like 200-250% enhanced damage or 20% IAS... Is that already factored into the statistics at the top.

4. When I'm dual wielding, and one weapon has 20% IAS and another has 40% IAS, do they stack on each other or does each only apply to hits made with that weapon?

5. Same question for % life steal, chance to cast XXX, % ED, etc.

Thanks,
    TheLink

2. Flux

Flux Administrator

Re: General questions on weapon stats mechanics

forum moved....

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

1. Yes, it works against physical immune monsters.

2., 3. Yes, it's already included in the weapon statistics shown.

4. IAS from the secondary weapon is ignored with respect to frenzy, but the base speed of the weapon is a factor. That means, your second weapon doesn't have to have any IAS, but you will attack faster with e.g. a phase blade (base speed -30) than with a hydra edge (base speed 10). It's the same with assassins who wield two claws.

4. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

5. These all only apply to the weapon they are on. I can't think of anything off-hand that applies to both weapons. Maybe Rest in Peace does?

5. droid

droid IncGamers Member

+Damage on Grief applies to Smite (which technically is your shield), for one, I know, but thats really a special case...although oddly IIRC it doesnt apply to Kick...

I'm pretty sure RIP on a weapon would only apply to kills made with that weapon. I know the mod is applied during the killing blow (ie, even if you hit them, if your merc does the coup de grace, they dont RIP), not that it really matters :)

I cant think of any either. Only benefits of off-hand weapons are mods that affect the player, like +stats, auras, res, +def, +skills/oskills, +AR, etc. In regards to the OP, CtC when Striking would only apply to blows made with that weapon, but CtC when Struck on the off-hand would of course always check to proc.