Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

General Newbie question (sort of)

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by wicket333, Mar 8, 2004.

1. wicket333

wicket333 IncGamers Member

General Newbie question (sort of)

I havent been playing Diablo II for awhile now, but just recently decided to start back up. I've seen those "4079 Stones of Jordan sold to merchants" messages, and I was wondering what they were? These must certainly be new to the newest patch (i havent played since 09). What does this mean?

Also, what is the annihilus and the Diablo Clone thing that i have read about? Do they have anything to do with the above question?

Thank you lots for answering this newbie-esque question. :)

WickeThEwok

2. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

They say the Diablo clone "Diablo Walks the Earth" will show up in every game on a server once 70-120 stones are sold. So if you see this counting in your game, you know people are selling SOJs and that after a while, there is a good chance diablo clone will show up.

3. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Ignore post ^^

4. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

So enlighten us Stiertje, you tried to correct me about the ES bug and you got shot down, so tell me this time how you "Think" I'm missinformed. I'd like to here this. haha

5. Stiertje

I said "Ignore post", that means my post. I didn't say "Ignore thread". Didn't mean it as a rude thing or something.

And in what way was I "shot down" on that ES thing? I mean I only said the ES zero-resistance thing wasn't a bug, then someone else sais that is IS a bug, and now my point got "shot down" in your eyes. Now I'm actually curious how you call it when someone comes with clear arguments to justify his claim.

6. wicket333

a few little questions

Thanks, Kuza! I've got a couple more questions if ya dont mind. :)

Does that mean that people sell their SOJs to the NPC merchants in order to get a diablo clone? The Diablo clone is really worth losing SOJs for? Or can you buy them back?

Does it say "Diablo Walks the Earth" when he shows up?

Thanks in advance!

WickeThEwok

7. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

looked like you said "Ignor post ^^" which means the post above. Sorry :)

as for the questions about diablo clone, when you see "DIABLO WALKS THE EARTH" he will spawn as the first super unique you find. The best place to fight him in my experience if in the cold plains. He's tough. There was a news article about him on the site in the last month or 2 that will tell you more. Try a search on it. I'll look more for it tomorrow if you dont' find it.

8. Stiertje

It's all on the "Arreat Summit" on the battle.net webpage, but here are the most important things.

- Diablo Clone comes when a certain amount of SoJ's is sold. This is from a minimum of 75 to a maximum of 125 SoJ's
    - A specific SoJ counter is the same on all games on a specific server, and a server has a maximum of about a 100 games.
    - A specific SoJ counter is valid for Softcore and Hardcore, Ladder or Non-Ladder games on the same server.
    - When Diablo Clone walks, your screen will turn dark (sorta like that Assasin skill) and it will tremble (like when you kill Baal in the WS Chamber)
    - When you get the message, and the screen has turned darker and stuff, the first unique you come close enough by to spawn, will spawn as Diablo Clone. For instance, when you go search for the stones in the Stony Field, then Rakanishu will spawn as Diablo Clone.

The most important thing here is that Non-Ladder games are also in on it. There are literally thousands and thousands of duped SoJ's on Non-Ladder chars from people who have stacked them. Some people have multiple mule-accounts full of duped SoJ's. If a person has such an amount of SoJ's on non-ladder, and he manages to get a game on Non-Ladder and a game on Ladder on the same server, he can use the Non-Ladder SoJ's to acquire a Ladder Annihilus.

9. wicket333

: )

Thank you, guys! :D

Things certainly have changed since .09. I hope my FW sorc can still do some damage...

WickeThEwok

10. Dissident

Dissident IncGamers Member

One thing I've been wondering - does it only happen in hell?

11. Stiertje

It's been reported to happen in Nightmare too, but not very often. I don't know the reliability of these sources, so I guess the chances are very small.

Anyway, you don't want to take on Diablo Clone with a mere level 60 char.