Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

General Bowazon Questions

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by PrimeEvil, Dec 24, 2008.

1. PrimeEvil

PrimeEvil Diabloii.Net Member

General Bowazon Questions

I currently have a level 80 bowazon, and I have some questions. So I'll get right to them:

I am currently using laying of hands gloves for the fire resistance, ias, and mostly the +350% damage to demons. So I assume this works on normal monsters, but does it work on uniques and/or bosses? I ask this because I was Baaling a friend and everything was fast until I hit Baal. So this leads me to believe that the +350% damage to demons does not work against bosses. I am also using a CoH so that would put me at +550 dmg to demons, +100 to undead overall.

So...
    1) How does +damage to demons/undead work?
    1a)What are cows labeled as? Demons maybe? Beasts perhaps?

My zon has a 15 faith bow and a might merc that wields a pride runeword, so I definitely have a good amount of enhanced damage coming my way,

but...
    2) Is there any other way I could maximize my damage? ((Besides fortitude or enhanced dmg jewels))

Moving on, it is in my best interest to keep my merc alive, and to do this I will, of course, equip him with a good body armor and a good helm to go along with his pride polearm, but I am not sure which gear setup to use.

So...
    3) What will be the best equipment (that's not insanely expensive) that I could use to decrease the chance of my merc being a suicidal bomber?
    3a) Should I aim for higher damage reduction (something like shaftstop) or higher defense (something like stone runeword)?

Well that is all the questions I have for now, but I might come up with some more later and edit this post. I will end by saying that I love my bowazon. I use my multi shot to take down the masses, use strafe for one on one, and magic arrow for physical immunes while hiding behind my level 28 valkyrie whom I love so much. :thumbup:

2. Kijya

Kijya Diabloii.Net Member

Re: General Bowazon Questions

1) It adds to the off weapon ed when you hit such a target if I've understood everything correctly. So it's like wearing another fortitude vs such opponents.
    1a) it's not undead and not a demon, so "animal" or whatever the third monster class was called ...

2) +max charms, gear with +max.

3) I like delirium + CoH. Confuse = less things hitting him, CoH = extra res, ll and some damage boost. This setup also increase his might aura with 4 levels.

3. stillman

stillman Diabloii.Net Member

"My zon has a 15 faith bow and a might merc that wields a pride runeword, so I definitely have a good amount of enhanced damage coming my way,"

Don't be so sure...

To enhance your damage, you should disregard what people say about Faith bow and switch to a windforce. Wf does double the damage any faith does.

If you can afford pride, CoH, fatih, etc. then you surely can afford a fortitude. el sol dol Lo in armor. This is a great way to get your damage up.

Wartraves and razortail add to you weapon damage. The numbers only look small on the items, but they contribute a lot on the character sceen damage.

You might want to remake her with more poins in dex. A true glass cannon bowazon at high level with nice gear can gain 5-6 damage per dex point in the higher levels. But you have to be pretty dedicated and put just about everything in dex.

4. PrimeEvil

PrimeEvil Diabloii.Net Member

I should have said that I am playing hardcore so I'm avoiding the glass cannon route.

5. Master Zap

Master Zap Diabloii.Net Member

ha, the 1.10 timeless argument again. Just right off the bat, I'm in the Faith Camp, tried both high end setups. I play on HC like you. The Large skull with a couple ias jewels, cateye and Fort /loh is the route I went. I have about 1100 life , 50's in all my res plus max light res. She surives quite nicely and still kills very well. The A2 mercs with my max valk give me all the tanky meatshields needed.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  6. stillman

stillman Diabloii.Net Member

Lol. Yeah, I guess it totally depends on a number of things. I will never take off my 60-160 or 45-120, so I have no need for the fanat speed boost. This is expensive gear...but faith itself is way more expensive than wf. I find the skellies that get raised with faith are rather useless; they meander behind too much and are almost never serving as meat shields. As soon as you take a step forward they may as well not even be there. I think a huge lure of faith is it's skill bonuses, which I never found helped a bowazon much, and the fanat damage bonus which isn't even that much compared to might and conc. Oh well, I'm a wf fan and I'll never go back. Faith is good, but in the end, I just can't resist the nice damage display!