Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gem of Ease

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by ZappaFan, May 18, 2015.

1. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Has anybody messed around with this much? I wonder if it might be just a novelty with most people getting new toons to 70 via power leveling. I decided to give the gem a try and see how it works. I had an ancient Furnace with pretty good stats in my stash so I enchanted 10% dmg on it and gifted it, put the Gem of Ease (Rank 40) in it and viola!

Ran around totally naked except that big stick and a legacy Hellfire ring. Pretty funny at the beginning, leveling every time I killed anything. I think I got up into the mid 30's in just a couple minutes and was still naked and almost deeded so I figured I'd better gear up. :)

Played him about an hour and got to 55. Honestly I spent far more time searching vendors for gear than anything. Been doing Rumford at the Gate on T6 but stopping short of finishing the quest because I don't want to get trapped in the cellar. Playing it safe killing slow moving stuff up to that point. Once I get up to 61 then I can finally craft him some gear. I have a level 40 Mirinae & a level 40 Wreath of Lightning socketed as well.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ZappaFan-1229/hero/62377665

liquid_mage likes this.
  2. liquid_mage

liquid_mage IncGamers Member

I have a level 30 gem of ease, that I usually put in a 2-hander with main stat and vit. I create a T2 adventure game and do Act 1 bounties. One set of bounties gets me to level 52-53, I have done this on 3 different characters. Then i do 1-2 Master/T1 Act 1 bounties and this gets me to 61ish. Usually at that point I get lazy and have someone let me stand at the entrance of some T6 rifts and leech. 1-2 of those and your 70.

3. Timesink

Timesink IncGamers Member

Gem of Ease is definitely fun when used to self-level. One thing for you to try next time is a different weapon than Furnace. If you pick a weapon with an AOE proc (like Schaefer's Hammer or that two handed sword that makes you explode with green fury/poison) then things are stupid funny.

Since you don't play seasons you can also dump all of your paragon in to vit, % life, etc. Gear up as you go but you can easily start in T6. Your first kills will get you several levels each. I slowly backed off the torment levels till about T1 @ level 55 ish. After that it gets slightly tricky as the level 70 weapon at level 60ish isn't as big as an advantage.

liquid_mage likes this.
  4. liquid_mage

liquid_mage IncGamers Member

Timesink makes a good point I used Stalgard's Decimator, the proc is awesome. Along with Wreath Lightning.

I avoid T6 while self leveling as I had 2-3 friends get 1-2 shot as the levels skyrockets.

5. ZappaFan

Ahhh that's a good point.

6. Aahzmadius

Aahzmadius IncGamers Member

I created a 2nd Seasonal Crusader simply because I got tired of switching gear from “T6 rift” to “Greater rift” pieces. I put my old weapon and set pieces on the Alt to run T6 rifts (or bounties). Instead of an emerald I’m using a Gem of Ease. I still have plenty of damage to kill stuff, but it really shines when I’m following behind barb tornadoes that kill 95% of white mobs anyway. It’s not an amazing XP gain or anything, but it at least makes the rifts feel a bit more rewarding. I also combine it with Boon of the Hoarder, Goldwrap, and Avarice Band for lots o’ Toughness. Sometimes I stand in the middle of 3 or 4 molten explosions, just for fun. I’m still trying to figure out what to do with the gem in helm…the math doesn’t work all that well for a ruby, I’ve got plenty of gold, I rarely even use AC so CDR isn’t a priority. Maybe I’ll just switch to a Cindercoat or something. Meh.

The Gem of Ease: it’s not just for self-leveling anymore!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzmadius-1570/hero/62268557

liquid_mage likes this.
  7. ZappaFan

I wonder if there is a point where it would be better to simply use a lower requirements weapon that you can put an emerald in and forgo the +exp per monster. I have an ancient IK weapon with lower requirements that I could be using...

8. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

It's probably worth using as soon as you can use an emerald'd ancient 2 hander.