Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gem mecanic

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Wurmer, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

I have a question concerning one of the legendary gem : the efficacious of toxin.

When at level 25 it says that all source of damage deal an additional 10 % of damage.

How does that work actually ? Does this mean that for example that if I the mob is under that effect that it will take 10 % more damage from my lightning skill and another 10% from a skill dealing fire and another 10% from a skill using holy damage % Do they stack if a mob take all three damage one after the other ?

Thanks

2. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

It just means any damage dealt to them will do 10% more.

So a skill that does 100% weapon damage will deal 110% weapon damage. So that basically means that when playing solo, you deal 10% more damage. When in a group setting, your allies will deal 10% more damage too. I have also *heard* this stacks, but I haven't seen it *confirmed*. This could mean that if four people are using it, then everyone is dealing 40% more damage. But, again, not sure about that.

3. darkrealm

darkrealm IncGamers Site Pal

The 10% is nice because it is multiplicative. According to many it does stack in groups (the 10%). The other really cool thing about this gem is that it applies damage before the skill. So fallen angels that have immunity will choose psn as their shield, which is very helpful if you use something other than psn damage.