gem activated

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
I use it to mark my place in conversations. If I step away from the computer for a minute, I like to activate the gem. Then, when I get back, I scroll up until I see the purple text, and that way I can read everything that I missed while I was gone.

BloZ

Diabloii.Net Member
The chat gem's function is simple: it makes players wonder what is its function.

Some people reported it sometimes saying perfect gem activated o_O
It can also put up a message saying "Mooooooo!" but it is apparently very rare.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
SSoG said:
I use it to mark my place in conversations. If I step away from the computer for a minute, I like to activate the gem. Then, when I get back, I scroll up until I see the purple text, and that way I can read everything that I missed while I was gone.
I do this too, although I mark my place by pressing it several times to make it easier to see. My eyesight sucks. :hanky:

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
Blizzard has said:

The chat gem is working perfectly and exceeding all our expectations.

Thus saith Blizzard.

Phalmos

Diabloii.Net Member
That is the most ingenious thing I have ever heard, and probably the only good use (in theory or otherwise) that I've ever heard regarding that gem. You've done wonders, I feel so much lighter now, lol. I knew it was useless, and that bugged me. But now, it has purpose! I can finally sleep at night... j/k. That's still pretty good thinking though, lol.

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
Some people reported it sometimes saying perfect gem activated o_O
True, if you cheack the "gameplay tricks gallery" link in my sign you'll find a screenshoot where I've done it. Just press untill your finger falls off and it will appear sooner or later.