Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gelatinous Sire: Bugged or just Tricky?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Flux Submitted a news story

[​IMG]Since v2.2 went live this week, I've seen a lot of complaints about one of the new Treasure Goblin types, the Gelatinous Sire. Lots of players say they're bugged, that they don't drop anything when you kill them or that they don't split into smaller versions of themselves. It's entirely possible that there are some bugs, and lots of players say if you kill them too quickly they won't split.

That said... I saw a bunch of these on the PTR and they all worked as designed, no matter how fast I killed them. The first stage is the Gelatinous Sire, which is a normal-sized goblin that's transparent blue in color. When you kill that one, no items drop and it will split into two (or three?) smaller Gelatinous Spawn which move away quickly. Those drop nothing but gold coins as they run, and when killed they split again, into two or three very tiny Gelatinous Spawns. Those third stage Spawn are what drop items when killed, and they drop about the same amount of stuff as a normal goblin, but with a higher chance of legendaries.

It's possible there are bugs, but it's also possible that some of the the tiny, light-blue, slightly-transparent Goblins are just getting away in the chaos of battle. See the attached pics and note how tiny they are by the third stage of the Gelatinous Spawn, easily smaller than any other targetable monsters in the game, and those are what you have to kill to get items to drop.

[gallery link="file" ids="383682,383680,383677,383679,383678,383676,383675,383685"]
    Continue reading the Original Story

2. Darkmere

Darkmere IncGamers Member

If the tiny ones escape, does it still give you the escape notification? I've seen a few of the jelly gobs, but I'm playing a Tal's wizard at the moment, so... The sequence is usually Goblin -> several dozen meteors -> inventory full of loot. I've never seen an escape notification or had them fail to yield loot for me, that I know of.

3. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Two encounters so far, both worked as advertised. Two legs from the first time.

4. MathewPoland

MathewPoland IncGamers Member

Had 3 of those in T6 rifts.
    Killed them all, including the small ones and experienced no bugs.
    Enough to say that these are not my favourite goblins, because so far I've gotten at least 3-4 legendaries from each of them :)

5. Mithron

Mithron IncGamers Member

Killed about 4 with 0 problems and gotten legendaries from most of them.

6. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

I think the drops of all goblins can be bugged. I didn't have any issues with the Sires so far, but I had quite a few normal goblins who barely dropped anything beside some gold and mats. Similarly I had Odious Collectors who didn't drop plans, even though I don't have all of them.

7. Jakob Jensen

Jakob Jensen IncGamers Member

Ive had severals of these, like 7

The first 5 i had was fine and nothing was wrong, then i decided play with a freind and in the amount of time we played i founde two of these blue goblins,

i killed them in a instant but there was no loot at all,
    not even smaller goblins nothing at "ALL"

i ofc saw this as they may been bugged and turned invinsible but after bombing the entire Area i realized they never ever spawned these tiny ones.

So yeah they are bugged, but no idea what the % of getting the bug is,