Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gear suggestions for a minimal vitality meleemancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Pherdnut, May 20, 2005.

1. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

Gear suggestions for a minimal vitality meleemancer

I'm trying to put together what my best options are in terms of damage reduction and craploads of life for a Titan melee necro build I've been dallying with. I really want to use a lot of strength, fortitude, and a two-hander on top of amp to kill enemies ASAP and start CEing like crazy. Of course, life tap is always an option I guess. I think I may have to go commandomancer, using my skellies to draw attention away from my necro but I was hoping to make a solo build with a big amp damage and CE radius as well as maxed attract to keep 'em off of me.

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Don't dump the points in Skellies just yet. First let's see if we can make it work without them.

The first weapon switch is taken. The armor slot is also taken. Your amulet and at least one ring slot are also taken.

Verdungo's is a good choice for belt.
    A Perf Crown of Ages or Shako will do as helm.

These are the only other item slots where you can still get some damage reduction if I am not mistaken.

3. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

And man, I gotta say, there is something really viscerally satisfying about wacking monsters with a maul while playing a necro. It won't last long though. I've got an Obedience Thresher waiting to go at level 53.

4. lCE

lCE Diabloii.Net Member

Good, i was just gonna say that a melee necro without a scythe, is..well really out of place :lol:
    As far as life, well it depends really if u got access to those lovely max/ar/lifes or not, those can really make or break a character.

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

That is why IK's set is so good for Meleemancers. :D