Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gear suggestion

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeathMaster, Apr 2, 2005.

1. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Gear suggestion

My newly zealot was started (just started A1), I have planed a holy shock zealot, but have some trouble on the gears.

1. What should I target for end-game head gear? if there isn't anything particularly good (yet not insanly rare), I might stick with vampir gaze or tal's mask or shako for more MF.

2. What other shield than HoZ, no I don't have it yet, and don't see any chance to make a Exile within reasonable timeframe. Would SS be good?

3. planned weapon is CM Phase blade, would it be "waste" of runes?

2. corax

corax IncGamers Member

1. Griffon's eye with a 5/5 lightning facet. besides that i'd go for a +2 pally skills circlet with res, etc and if not that then shako as your damage is made up of +skills

2. any high blocking, high res paly rare, stormshield would be good, even something liker 2 pdiamond moser's would be good with HS

3. not if you can think of other builds you'd use it with. personally i'd make it from a cryptic sword or a zerker axe( cryptic for me as zerker looks dumb) as you get more leech and you get more usability on other builds IMO. PB is good for lack of durability though

3. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

If you aren't going to use HoZ, then SS would do you good, you could also try Gerke's Sanctuary, Sanctuary runeword, or Mosers Blessed Circle.
    The problem I see with the gear you are going to use is zero or low crushing blow. I'd recommend using Guillaume's Face, and getting your leech from a dual leech ring, or soul drainers.
    The CM Phase would be very good and definetaly wouldn't be a waste of runes IMO, because you'd get 4 fps zeal + -35 enemy light res, and 7 ctc Static Field.
    Could you also tell what else you are going to use?

4. DeathMaster

Well, not very everyday gears, but yet everyday gears for me.

belt: string of ears
    armor: GA (I just love this armor, resist > all)
    boots: gore rider
    gloves: LoH
    rings: revanfrost and possiblely BK ring (depend)
    amulet: if lack of max resist -> mara's, otherwise -> don't know yet (highlord's in mind)

5. corax

corax IncGamers Member

if your using GA you'll have naturally good blocking and depending on your charms you'd be best off going with a high resist shield.
    The problem with missing a HoZ is it adds skills which you need for damage. Gerke's is a good shield that i forgot about.

6. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

1. I'd take Shako too, if I had a spare one, otherwise +2pally cirlcet like Corax said...but Tal Rashas is a pretty decent choice too.

2. I like Gerke's Sanctuary...It may not be the shield out there but I'm a sucker for MDR/PDR.

3. I personally like Um runes to be socketed in armors...and there are plenty of uniques that would make exellent weapons...so I wouldn't recommend making Crescent Moon, even though it's very good for this build. I just found a Heaven's Light, and it seems like an awesome weapon...+skills, -Target Defence and some crushing blow which as Masas said is very very nice.

7. poopie_pants

poopie_pants IncGamers Member

1. As these guys said, anything with +2 to skills would work nicely. If you're in need of more IAS, Andariel's Visage is also a nice choice, and LOH should make up for the fire resist. Only problem is high level required. I'd like to note that Guillames Face would also be a great way to go, as Masas pointed out, socketed with a nice jewel (like resistances, or IAS). Between that, the Gores, and a nice pair of Blood gloves (my teslafroster uses ones that are 20%ias, 3%LL, 8%CB, resists), your crushing blow will be very nice. In my opinion, this would more than make up for any loss in lightning damage.

2. There's only two shields a pally should use as end-game gear IMO, and you already pointed out that you can't afford the latter :D. Stick with HoZ.

3. CM Phase, this is a great weapon and well worth the runes IMO.

-PP

8. DeathMaster

It is not likely I would find a HoZ soon, you know when D2 god detected what you really need, you can never see them drop, ever.

9. poopie_pants

poopie_pants IncGamers Member

Aye, I know the feeling, sorry I misread your initial post. Well, Stormshield, Sanctuary (if you can afford), and Mosers' are all great choices. Socket Mosers with 2pdiamonds and you have yourself a great little shield, comparable to even Sanctuary if upped.

-PP

10. FodderCannoned

FodderCannoned IncGamers Member

I am currently working on one of these, and i am going crescent moon in a berserker axe for my weapon, and for my helm i am going delerium to help with crowd control

11. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

1. Griffon's Eye is insanely good for any lightning build, but insanely rare. Just go with a Shako if you don't have a Griffon's, can't argue with the +life/mana.

2. I'd say no to the SS, go with a 2pdiamond Moser's instead for resists. PDR isn't necessary pvm but resists are.

3. CM phase is the standard weapon, and probably the best one too. I wouldn't recommend making it in anything else because you're going to need the -30 base weapon speed on the phase and you'll be doing pathetic physical damage regardless of what weapon you use.

12. nobo

nobo IncGamers Member

another nice item to put on your pally's head would be guillaumes face of course...

13. DeathMaster

Not if you can spare me a perfect BoTD 1.07 eth zerk axe. :uhhuh:

But anyway, PB seems the way to go.