Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gear/Skill questions to finish off my bower

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by BubbaHoTep, Apr 27, 2008.

1. BubbaHoTep

BubbaHoTep IncGamers Member

Gear/Skill questions to finish off my bower

At the moment my zon is lvl 76 wit 120 saved stat and 55 saved skill points. She has succesfully walked her way through nm baal using only 1 pt magic arrow, 10 points mutlti shot, 1 pt cold arrow and 1 pt GA. The only difficulty she has had is boss killing, and lighting attacks.

I want to chaos and WSK run with her for mfing, but I am looking for a good backup/boss killer (diablo and baal mostly). Given my gear what would be a better option: CA/FA or LF/CS? I plan on continuing to use multi as my main killer.

My stats and gear are:
    strength 179 (using nigma)
    dex 314
    vit 57
    120 saved

Here I think I need to drop some into vit, because I only have a miserable 410 life.

Gear:
    Stealskull (15ias jewel)
    Windforce (shael)
    Cats eye
    Enigma (used for mf/frw. The teleport is a nice bonus for pesky wallsand rivers)
    LOH
    Razortail
    Raven/Dwarf
    War Travs
    Titans/spirit (on switch if I choose LF/CS)

I have this calculated to give me 105% ias which can get me to the last breakpoint if I ever get my merc a faith bow.

Charms:
    17/10 Necro torch
    10/12 anni
    3max/ar SC (3)
    10max/ar GC
    9max/ar GC
    6max/ar LC
    If I choose FA I have 2 bow skill charms with no 2nd mod to add to this. If not I was planning in filling her in with resist and life charms

Merc:
    A1 Fire
    Guillames Face
    Rattlecage
    Harmony (Faith if I can get/make one)
    I was thinking that the CB from helm and armor could help on bosses.

So to sum up:
    Would CS be able to kill diablo and baal with only 1 synergy using titans/spirit?
    Would FA be able to kill diablo and baal with only 1 synergy using Wf?
    How much life should I aim for given my final build choices?
    Are there any big ugly gear mistakes I have made?
    Can an A1 merc with 55%CB be useful in killing bosses?

Thanks for any and all help!

2. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Re: Gear/Skill questions to finish off my bower

yes
    yes*
    life, who needs life (gloams are going to one hit you anyway with those res, and in chaos, you don't need res nor life if played right, go max block with spirit, rest can go in vit.)?
    get dual leech ring, no need for fire absorb - lightning absorb might be good for gloams, though not if your res are negative.
    no, cs is strong enough, merc dies to easy to act bosses and attack to slow.

*: You didn't say it has to be fast.

[edit]
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=643918
    I think there should be a mf section somewhere in that thread.

3. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=650637

currently collecting data about the teleporting build, will include more about it in the guide once I'm done. The above thread might give you a few hints.

your questions:
    yes, not hyper fast in 8p games, but should still kill.
    FA will not be on pair with cs for bosses, nothing is, it can kill, but probably not that much better then GA on a pure bowzon.
    I got 600 on the one I'm doing atm, hope to get around 800ish later, think that's the lower limit to stand a hit from diablo during cs while amped when there's a few players in the game.
    dwarf is unessesary as NASE pointed out
    The act 1 merc doesn't deliver CB fast enoguh in my opinion, cs is undoubtly the best bosskiller available.

4. BubbaHoTep

Thanks for the help guys! CS dominates diablo in solo games and does away with baal at a decent rate. I'm considering dropping another 10 skill points into a synergy to speed it up a tad more and maybe lookign for a zon torch to replace my current necro one. Dwarf has been replaced by a LL resist ring. I'm still trying to figure out how to retool my merc gear. She now has a faith diamond bow crown of theives for LL, life, and extra dmg from the dex. Still using rattlecage because I dont have a Fort and I cant really think of anything else useful for her. The 40% chance to make enemies flee is actually somewhat useful when she hits the one guy hitting me from the backside so maybe I'll up that and leave it unless there are any other suggestions?

5. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

The problem I see with your build is very low life(~400). Add to that your terrible resists and no PDR whatsoever, 1-2 hits in Hell by almost anything could kill you (exaggerating here but you get my point). CS requires you to go melee which will bring you into harm's way. You can pull this off though with good tactics and prudence. Good luck. :grin:

6. BubbaHoTep

I walked through Act 1 with the ~400 life and died a few times from the cold enchanted guys exploding so I pumped my vit to 75 without items and added a few life small charms and some 11% resist small charms and a 12 resist all/FHR grand charm. I do a pretty good job of stayig alive while CS'ing diablo because my spirit adds to my life and resist and titans adds more to life. Life is now around 700-800 and I feel resonably safe except when gloams and black souls come into the picture.