Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gear quandries

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Hurtsyadontit, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Hurtsyadontit

Hurtsyadontit IncGamers Member

Gear quandries

My gear i have in storage atm for my PNB necro.

*Shako
    *Crafted 2 Pnb ammy 15 FR PR LR 55 CR
    *2 manalds
    *Homo /w P diamond
    *Perfect Boneshade
    *Marrowwalks (glitch is fixed right?)
    *gravepalm (using for the str/dex till i find/craft better)
    *Tals belt ( using for dex till i find/craft better)

Build
    1 into Bone Armor
    1 into corpse explosion
    Max teeth,bone prison,bonewall,bonespear,bone prison.
    8 points unused i figured grab a clay golem not sure yet.

Heres my problems
    1.) I cant decide between a COH or a Enigma i'm personally leaning toward a COH i have the runes and a 4 os wire fleece but unsure if a fleece is the best thing to COH for mynecro.only reason i'm leaning toward coh is without it my resists will be negative in hell less i pick up some resist Sc.
    2.) i'm also considering replacing my shako with a delirium but not sure if it would help much any ideas?
    3.) any idea on what kind of merc i should get i'm leaning toward holy freeze because i'm not going with any in curses. read in one of the guides that lower resists doesnt help my bone spells any so no point going that route to get decrepify and lower resist.

~ looking at my armor if i COH my fleece i'll only need 118 str ( enough to wear marrows if i switch to treks need 110) i have a base of about 70 str as it stands with another 30 in str charms. my main concern is getting my resists maxed and my blocking rate maxed /w my homo which if memory serves is 220 dex to have max block. ( side question does it matter if i dont put 1 dex point in dex every level read in a few guides it does and some say no most of the time i hord stat points till around lvl 66 or so when my end game gear kicks in then allocate to hit certain points.) Also if i have a strong Bone armor which it will be it'll be my f1 hotkey too lol wouldnt that eliminate
    the need for a max block rate?Guess at dex from gear is 40 total little more if i get a ravenfrost for this necro. this is my second PNB necro first i made a hybird didnt come out to well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you :) :thumbsup: :grin:

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Correct. The Marrow bug no longer works.

1) I'd go for the Enigma. As a caster, the ability to teleport is very beneficial. Since you'll have a lot of cast rate as a caster, teleport becomes that much more effective.
    2) Stick with Shako. The big draw of Delirium is the chance to cast Confuse on striking. However, since a bone necro never swings his weapon, this mod is all but useless to him. Besides, if you ever run into a situation where you do need the Confuse curse for some reason, you can always cast it yourself. :wink3:
    On the other hand, Shako has many mods that your necro will love. On top of skills, it has life, mana, some stats, and DR and MF as icing on the cake.
    3) Holy Freeze sounds good.

3. Hurtsyadontit

True I was thinking the same but if i go for enigma over coh i'll have to make up for the massive lack of resists in hell.still deciding between life or max block rate( does it matter if you dont put points into dex every level some say it drops if you dont???) which if i do decide to go for max block which for a homo is 220ish.. i'll be spending many points there.. although if i tele really no reason for it ><

4. Gungak

Gungak IncGamers Member

IS this PvP?
    If It is GET ENIGMA.
    About the Block/Vita When I made mine, I was told Block If you can afford Life skillers. If not go vita.

But It all depends on if your pvp/pvm as monsters give alot more room for error than people :azn:

5. Hurtsyadontit

pvm mostly started thinking about a fort for my necro today the 300% E.d would more then make up for the 2 to all skills of a coh and have resists on fort...

6. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

The 300ED only applies to physical melee and ranged attacks. They will not help your bone spells one bit.

7. Hurtsyadontit

hmmm then fort is junk to me, i was sitting here figuring out things if i got a necro torch with 10 resist on it add to my ammy,pdiamond homo, and coh my resists would be in hell 49/49/49/79. to make up the rest i could either um a shako ( best choice i think ) or drop shako for crown of ages... atm i've been crafting gloves/boots safety and caster types for days about 30 total in 2 days havent gotten anything useable yet. :( think i'll do some more mf/craft gloves/boots/rings see if i get lucky try my resists in hell see how i hold up for a while.

8. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

With the gear you mention you only have 25% fast cast rate coming from boneshade and thats pretty low.

Necromancer fcr breakpoint are 18% / 30% / 48% / 75%/ 125% ; as for myself I would never let it go under 75% .

If you want more resist perhaps you could switch the boneshade for an hoto.
    The hoto would grant you 40%fcr. If you use trang gloves or magefist you can get another 20%fcr. Get some fcr from crafted caster belt and/or rings.

Just my 2 cents.