Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gear on east, critique.

Discussion in 'Druid' started by IMCanadian, Sep 9, 2006.

1. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Gear on east, critique.

29 res forti 16xx def
    37 ias grief pb +388 dmg
    40/14 dungo
    p raven
    highlords
    8 LL rare ring with res/life/str/dex mods
    gores
    dracs
    shaeld ss
    shaeld jalal
    switch: 6bo cta, spirit

Charms:
    5xshape gc (3 with 30 lifer mods)
    20 life sc's
    max dmg/ar other mod sc's
    res scs
    fhr scs to hit 86 bp

Stash:
    Upped shaeld ribcracker
    CoH dusk
    steelrends
    angelics
    trang gloves
    enigma (do I really need for frw? since thats really all)
    CoA ber/ber (any point?)

Gear im currently getting:
    Trading Ebotd Ghost spear for Ebotd GPA
    Aldurs boots (FRW??)
    EbotdZ (Do I Need?)

Is there anything else I should get? Any subsitutes?

I maxed fury, rabies, lycan, creeper, currently maxing oak, one into: Raven, spirit wolfs.

IMC :grin:

2. trooper

trooper IncGamers Member

grief is bm draculs is extremely bm and disgusting on a fury druid, it makes me sick, all the good fury druids on east will not want to duel you.

3. IMCanadian

Pubby:grin: East is ****ty anywayzz..

4. xix sephra

xix sephra IncGamers Member

the weak shall not inherit the earth... use the best own the rest!!!!!

5. Valvolux

Valvolux IncGamers Member

How is using a legit item on your char interpreted as 'bad' in any way? Bad manners should be describing nking, town hugging/guarding, 2 vs 1, 3rd party hacks etc. not your char/item choices.

6. IMCanadian

TY valo for defending me..same way I think of it. It's part of that game, how is it BM? Oh well, welcome to furypk useast!

7. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

lots of people make up their own rules when dueling and force everyone else into following them.

8. Chumtoad

Chumtoad IncGamers Member

The "good-mannered" rules in dueling are there to keep things fun, fair, and balanced. For example, 50% life leech (from lifetap, as ordinary leech was "balanced" to barely work against players) and elemental immunity (from absorb) may be great for PvM, but both are ruinous to PvP.

9. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Those rules change from person to person. I, for example, find dracul's to be perfectly acceptable, even if the tap is annoying. Some people say fade is bm, I think it's fine. I just think it's retarded when people have to go out of their way to completely nullify something you do, like when people stack resist, and put on tgod + 2 wisps against my ww/trap assassin. That's just annoying.

10. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

So why aren't you guys using cleglaws and arachnid vs melee?

11. LeegionOnEast

LeegionOnEast IncGamers Member

I don't mind dueling people with Life Tap. I've been working on my druid to be able to beat the Life Tap of eExile+Drac using Zeolots. Heck, I usally kill them in 1-3 hits. Greif isn't that overpowered, my eBOTDz beats them up before they can even reach me most of the time.

By the way, how is your AR? I have 33K, that's the only way I can race Zeolots.

12. trooper

trooper IncGamers Member

the rules are very simple, and on east everyone with a descent melee character follows them, if others don't they don't duel them.
    We're not forcing our rules on anyone, we're not dueling those who wish to make bm characters.

as i said the rules are simple. no chance to cast offencive spells, no poision slow or stacked ele damage, and no prebuffing
    it keeps melee melee.

13. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I guess that means that holy shock zealots are BM? Or are they casters?

Also, where is this supposed all encompassing rule list that everyone follows? I haven't seen it. I'd like to know where on bnet I can find the link, so that I can see that it is, officially, The Rules Of Melee Duels As Written By Bnet

14. trooper

trooper IncGamers Member

I told you we don't force our rules on anyone, if people make bm characters we don't duel them, want to find out the rules go ask someone on east who has a decent melee character.

I don't know why you think b.net has to say somethign to make it legit.

and btw feel free to not follow the rules, be bm. Just don't expect people to duel you.

15. IMCanadian

Heh, my ar only 15k with angelics...since most pubbies arent hardcore melee, this doesnt effect me much. I am having a FRW problem catching sorcs and trappers, and running away while waiting for rabies to kill them:p I usually keep casting my summons and stupidly they move closer to me trying to kill them untill I can move in and one fury they are done. And with botd...I pwn way more ppl then with grief...so...I dunno.

Edit: I think he was being slightly sarcastic in the Bnet comment...It is more or less who is to make up the rules of BM other then the makers of the game? FYI I am vs all, so I'm not strictly melee, therefore I don't feel that all melee rules apply to me.

IMC:grin:

16. RareBear

RareBear IncGamers Member

Exactly, that what I usually do once I notice my opponent is using a greif/or Dracs.

17. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

"follow our rules or we wont duel you" seems like a more cival way of forcing them upon people.

18. Valvolux

Valvolux IncGamers Member

Trooper you make it sound like if you choose certain items you char becomes 'inferior' in some way. Shouldn't the 'decent' melee duelers be able to handle this?

And this whole "the rules" is crap, if you want to make up some guide lines and get your friends to agree that’s fine. But don't act like there are some universal set of rules and by following them makes you superior to the ppl that like pubby dueling.

If you take the game so seriously that you refuse to duel someone using a pair of 'clegs' then that’s your loss.

19. IMCanadian

Personally, I find it more fun and a better challenge to beat the annoying nker who uses life tap, grief, smite and every annoying "part of the game". But, topic has gotten off track who my gear situation.

20. trooper

trooper IncGamers Member

These are "the rules" on east, it's not me and my friends. It is east. Go into a melee game on east and if it's not already full of casters trying to nk everyone the mele peopel will nk you if you try to use anythign i mentioned as bm. You may not liek the rules that the people of east have put on melee, but they are there. This argument goes on all the time with a few peopel who come in and say blah blah blah if it's in game i can use it. You're not goign to change anyones mind and you're not going to be gm, I don't know why you're arguing