Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

gear for pvp melee sorc?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by kingofthedarkage, May 27, 2008.

1. kingofthedarkage

kingofthedarkage IncGamers Member

gear for pvp melee sorc?

I'm really stuck on the gear for a pvp melee sorc. Partly bcz they have so many needs like ias, ar, fcr, fhr, maybe even frw and i just can't seem to work out any good gear for her. So anybody got any good suggestions? Also, could you tell me how strong this build would be? I'm a pretty agressive dueler and I hate to lose:grin:

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Re: gear for pvp melee sorc?

I believe you will find at least some info about this in the guide sticky in the sorc forum. There are a few melee guides there, which at least will give you a hint on where to start.
    I'd start from this one: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=471447

As you already said, you have plenty of needs. The only thing you won't really need is more damage.
    I have a melee sorc, which I occasionally duel with. I have found that my biggest problems are hitting people. (Absorbing folks are ofc no easy match either)
    You can choose to either use a passion pb to get zeal, or you can use a shael'd pb to get fast single hits, or you could use a crescent moon runeword for some -%lightres. Regardless of which, keep in mind you will be able to dash out huge damage (1-50+k, easily. 25k avg = 4k pvp dmg = 1k if 75%res. If they have 95% res, you are in trouble) Anyway, you need to hit. Get a bunch of AR, and keep in mind they most likely will have 75% block.

Since they have 75%block, you will also need block. And also a bunch of life and/or ES. You need to outlast them (Assuming you play agressive).

So a good start would be reading that guide I linked to, and then let's take it from there. :)

3. Xempt

Xempt IncGamers Member

I recently finished my melee sorc's gear and am pretty happy. Although her resists are sub par, the damage is nice and it's a fun a build to play. I'm currently switching between Beast Zerker axe and Hand of Justice PB depending on class I'm dueling/PVM circumstances.

My advice would be invest in good res/life scs to round out where this build lacks a bit. Expensive but definetely helps!

- X

4. wizAdept

wizAdept IncGamers Member

I posted this a while ago on another forum:
    Just my experience a long time ago with melee sorcs, most I see now are using pretty much the same build. Some players like btals/soe builds for dr, you dont hit as good bps but it allows you to tank more which may be important depending on what type of opponent you are facing.