Gear for act 1 merc (rogue)?

FrozenSolid

Diabloii.Net Member
Gear for act 1 merc (rogue)?

Most of my builds use act 2 cold merc so I thought Id try a rogue merc for a change. She'll be taking order from my bone necro so I would like to know what gear would be effective on her (I play non ladder).

Kove

Diabloii.Net Member
I love Act1 mercs. :D

Since I'm not rich at all, I pick them for mods I like/need rather than for raw damage. They're exellent even with very cheap gear.

A, imho, very useful and very cheap gear combo is Howltusk + Rattlecage + any bow, really (Riphook is nice - slow and open wounds). This kit gives great crowd control and the Crushing Blow and Open Wounds gives also gives her a bit of punch.

My current Act1 merc uses Rattlecage, Giant Skull and a Harmony runeworded bow which works extremely nice so far.

Dunno, I hope I gave you some ideas.

FrozenSolid

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah thx, was hoping for some nice tips and not just faith/fort.
I think I will try with cb + ow. Atm shes wearing crow caw, gaze 'um' and wws. I might switch out gaze for guillaumes to give her cb and give her upped wws when she can handle it. Will the DS on guillaumes stack with wws?

Zigot_HD

Diabloii.Net Member
Does the slow mode on riphook work on merc?
I have one on my merc and it deosn't seem to work. I also tried against player and i don't 'feel' any slow at all white getting hit with it.

Zig

ladydraxis

Diabloii.Net Member
FrozenSolid said:
I might switch out gaze for guillaumes to give her cb and give her upped wws when she can handle it. Will the DS on guillaumes stack with wws?
Yes, the DS will stack, I have used this setup on an act 1 merc with great success.

Wmeredith

Diabloii.Net Member
Oooo. Rogue mnerc with a necro?

If it's a sunmmoner I would definitely say Harmony. Vigor is awesome. Make your skele's FAST.

Or if you're rich Faith of course.

I have an ICE Shadow bow on my cold Act 1 Merc (With my zon). The HF aura means she never dies since they have a great aversion do direct confrontation and anything that gets close to here she runs away from. Plus I can trade bows with her (I use WF) if I run into PI's.

On a summoner though, I would still go Harmony overall, nothing like a Fast army.

PallyRanger

Diabloii.Net Member
Frozen,
I use an Act 1 cold merc on my storm-ranger and she seems to do pretty well. I gave her a Harmony Ward Bow, Guillaume's Helm(w/ 15 IAS jewel), and Griz Amor with 3 15IAS jewels in it. She does about 1.2K max damage a shot but fires sick fast and helps to keep baddies form sneaking up behind me when I'm busy with a group of monsters. Hopes it helped some.

-PallyRanger