Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gear for act 1 merc (rogue)?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by FrozenSolid, Mar 27, 2005.

1. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

Gear for act 1 merc (rogue)?

Most of my builds use act 2 cold merc so I thought Id try a rogue merc for a change. She'll be taking order from my bone necro so I would like to know what gear would be effective on her (I play non ladder).

2. Kove

Kove IncGamers Member

I love Act1 mercs. :D

Since I'm not rich at all, I pick them for mods I like/need rather than for raw damage. They're exellent even with very cheap gear.

A, imho, very useful and very cheap gear combo is Howltusk + Rattlecage + any bow, really (Riphook is nice - slow and open wounds). This kit gives great crowd control and the Crushing Blow and Open Wounds gives also gives her a bit of punch.

My current Act1 merc uses Rattlecage, Giant Skull and a Harmony runeworded bow which works extremely nice so far.

Dunno, I hope I gave you some ideas.

3. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

yeah thx, was hoping for some nice tips and not just faith/fort.
    I think I will try with cb + ow. Atm shes wearing crow caw, gaze 'um' and wws. I might switch out gaze for guillaumes to give her cb and give her upped wws when she can handle it. Will the DS on guillaumes stack with wws?

4. Zigot_HD

Zigot_HD IncGamers Member

Does the slow mode on riphook work on merc?
    I have one on my merc and it deosn't seem to work. I also tried against player and i don't 'feel' any slow at all white getting hit with it.

Zig

5. ladydraxis

ladydraxis IncGamers Member

Yes, the DS will stack, I have used this setup on an act 1 merc with great success.

6. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

Oooo. Rogue mnerc with a necro?

If it's a sunmmoner I would definitely say Harmony. Vigor is awesome. Make your skele's FAST.

Or if you're rich Faith of course.

I have an ICE Shadow bow on my cold Act 1 Merc (With my zon). The HF aura means she never dies since they have a great aversion do direct confrontation and anything that gets close to here she runs away from. Plus I can trade bows with her (I use WF) if I run into PI's.

On a summoner though, I would still go Harmony overall, nothing like a Fast army.

7. PallyRanger

PallyRanger IncGamers Member

Frozen,
    I use an Act 1 cold merc on my storm-ranger and she seems to do pretty well. I gave her a Harmony Ward Bow, Guillaume's Helm(w/ 15 IAS jewel), and Griz Amor with 3 15IAS jewels in it. She does about 1.2K max damage a shot but fires sick fast and helps to keep baddies form sneaking up behind me when I'm busy with a group of monsters. Hopes it helped some.

-PallyRanger