Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gear for a conc barb....

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Hacker24, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Hacker24

Hacker24 IncGamers Member

Gear for a conc barb....

Ok, I have never really played a barb past 25 or so, so this will be my first. I'm looking to make a conc barb, and i have been mfing with my sorc for the past few days and i have gotten some decent stuff through trading. I think i have my setup pretty much figured out, but i need some help specifically in the sword category.
    ok here goes...
    Helm: Arreat's face. I think this is as good as it gets so im good there.
    Armor: I have glad bane and corpsemourn and shaft. I dont really know which is best here, and i definitely cant get any runewords.
    Shield: SS lucky meph.....
    Boots: goreriders, I also have war travs so help me out.
    Gloves: I have Laying of Hands, but i can get something better if i work for it. SO suggest something.
    Belt: i have String of ears for the DR, but if theres something better thats cheap, tell me.
    Rings: a dual leech and a ravenfrost.
    Ammy: i have one with plus skills, str, and resists, best i can get.
    And finally the weapon. I have a flamebellow with a 40 ed jwl in it. I got it from a friend, and it's pretty much the only sword i have. If theres something better thats just as cheap or at least under gf tell me. I cant use BOTD, or any even remotely high runewords. I have pul/lum, so if you know of some sword that is better once upgraded i can try to get that.
    Thanks for your help.

2. LongScar

LongScar IncGamers Member

Ok For boots i'd use goreriders (for the deadly strike) for combat gear, but the wartravs will be a nice swap when doing mf runs.

For armour i wouldn't use shaft, with SS your damage reduction is pretty good, and if you use String that should take you to the 50% cap.

Gloves: Laying of Hands are nice if you need the ias to make a breakpoint, if not draculs is my preference, Steelrends are also popular.

Sorry i can't help with the sword question, i don't know my swords too well, but hopefully someone else will help.

3. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Well Laying of hands are nice...from the way he talked steelrends/dracul he aint no way close to getting, as nor I...also look into Lava Gout.

Boots=Gore
    Shield=SS
    Armor, well from your selection I would go with Bane, but CorpseMourn until you get to that high lvl of 85. But, hmm lets seem with the runes you have...all you need is a UM, and a Shael and you got the Stone runeword, which to Hal, and his build(I think) is one of the best choices for a concentrate build. So its osmething to work towards...actually I'm doing the same, all I need left is a UM, but until then I retain my good ole' Bane.

your sword does do good damage, I chose it for awhile, tho I couldnt decide if I wanted to use that or a DoomBringer...I eventually went with Doom, but FlameBellow did more damage, also had nice 30%fire absorb, and a cool fire skill.
    So I say stick with the Flame, until maybe you get a nice runeword, or a nice unique. Its a good sword.
    Only reason I went with Doom was becasue of the weaken chance when striking. Otherwise my choice of what choices I had was Flame.
    Rest of your gear looks great. As far as i'm concerned.

4. Neurofuzzy

Neurofuzzy IncGamers Member

I guess the hard runes for stone are UM and PUL. The others are easy to find.

5. lix

lix IncGamers Member

Flamebelow is a good sword if your only using it as a temp for gf. Doombringer is also an excellent pvm sword, fast, decent dmg, and adds a ton to life. S/S barbs were about all I played in 1.09 aside from my zealot.