Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

gear and mod questions for u guys

Discussion in 'Classic' started by HegemonKhan, May 4, 2008.

1. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan IncGamers Member

gear and mod questions for u guys

i have some gear and mod questions for any of u item experts out their to help me with.

ok as i do this i am looking at orphan's mod thread ( http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=435372 ) in the guides sticky thread so i can get the mod names right in what i am gonna ask about below.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    q(question)1. how many PREFIXES can u have on weapon/armors?
    q2. how many SUFFIXES can u have on weapon/armors?
    i know bonesnap (unique) can get 300% enchanced damage (perfect bone snap). do uniques have different mod values than other items like rare or magical?

i think if i understand this right, u can have both merciless (100% enhance damage) and kings (100% enchance damage n +150 AR) giving the weapon a max total perfect damage of 200% for prefixes.

i presume than based on this that uniques obviously don't folow the normal mods (prefixes n suffixes) cuz max is 200% enchanced damage but bone snap can get 300% enhcanced damage.

so my 3rd question is.....
    q3. do RARES only reach 200% enchanced damage cuz they folow the mods or are they special like uniques? do rares only reach 200% enhanced damage like magical does (folowing the mods) or can they get higher than 200% enhcnaced damage like uniques do (which are separate from mods' potential)?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    my real questions about item qualities, mods on items (if mods r used) and their max stat potential (like 200% or 300% enhanced damage) from mods (or not from mods):

for EACH type (magical, rare, unique):

Q1. how many and what mods (prefixes and suffices)(IF mods are used) can items have?
    Q2. what is perfect/max enhanced % damage/defense for items?

2. Barl

Barl IncGamers Member

Re: gear and mod questions for u guys

Yup.

Indeed, their mods are just that-- unique. They can have mods that rares cannot.

When a rare item spawns, it can have a maximum of 6 mods. 3 prefixes, and 3 suffixes. Certain prefixes and suffixes are excluded from rares. So, an example weapon:

Merciless, King's, Meteoric (A maximum of 200% ED, and 300 AR)
    And then some suffixes: of slaughtering, of alacrity, of performance.

As for the last two:

1. I don't understand this question.
    2. The max is 100% enhanced defense on armor. The highest defense armor in the game is an ornate with 100%: 902 defense. The highest damage one-handed weapon is a battle hammer, with max being around 190. The highest damage two-handed weapon is a lance, with max around 360 (something like that).

3. HegemonKhan

thank u. u answered all my questions:D

nevermind Q1. it's basically a repeat of above questions jsut worded differently.
    ---------------------------------------------
    just to confirm with u:

a rare's (for example) max % damage is 200% (from the two prefix mods, merciless and kings)? and then u say rares can have 6 mods (3 prefixes, 3 suffixes). right?

are magical the same as rares in terms of using mods and having 6 total on them?

so rares and magical (or just rares) use the mods. and uniques do NOT. right?

*only post if i have this wrong. if u dont post than i'll assume i got it correct/understood u*
    -----------------------------------------
    and i knew alredy that uniques can have certain mods which rares and magicals can't like CB/OW.

but thank u for going into detail and even covering this in your response to me.

4. Barl

Barl IncGamers Member

Yes, 3 of each. I think there's a minimum, too, like it must have at least 4 mods. Something like that.

Most definitely not. Magical items can have 1 suffix and one prefix, maximum. They can also just have a suffix, or just a prefix.

Indeed.

5. Razputin

Razputin IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure it's three mods, in other words one more than any magic item.

6. HegemonKhan

thanks barl and raz. i shoulda been aware that magical doesn't have 6 possible mods on it, as rares can.

magical and rares both use the same mods but rares can have 6 mods (3 prefix, 3 suffix) and magical can only have 2 (1 prefix, 1 suffix).

magical can only get 100% enhanced damage (since can't get both king's and merciless)

rares can get 200% enchanced damage (cuz of being able to have 3 prefixes)

i'm now an expert on the mods on items and quality of items:D

now if only some one can help me remember all the mods and their stat ranges:p....j/k

thanks everyone for clearing up and explaning for me about items n mods.