Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

gbane or shaft?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Ruick, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Ruick

Ruick IncGamers Member

gbane or shaft?

Gladiator's Bane or Shaftstop? I'm a MS/GA bowazon and i am about to reach lv85 and i have a gbane in my stash, is it worth it?

2. Nidlav

Nidlav IncGamers Member

Hmmmm....I don't know if I'd choose either for a bowazon....but I've used both on mercs and the Shaftstop was far more effective.

nid

3. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

My vote is with Shaft. If you really, really want the DR/MDR, Ironpelt is almost as good.

4. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Glad's bane all the way! Higher defense, cannot be frozen (frees up ring slot for something besides ravenfrost), huge mdr (very handy against lightning enchanted bosses/monsters) and 30% hit recovery (good for strafing or well anything). Damage reduction is not necessary on a bowazon if you have some shred of common sense and position your merc/valk well. That and the shaftstop is medium class armor (-5% run/walk) while glad's bane (wire fleece) is light armor.

5. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

Glad bane is my vote. Much lighter and much more armour. The damage reduction if at 20ish actually helps if you combine it with some dr% or more straight -dr items. (ive been slowly testing this theory, really is true how powerful -20 dr can be if combined correctly)

6. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

glad bane is my vote also if I had to choose between those two, but Lionheart blows both out of the water.

you can trade your shaft for a hel/lum/fal I betcha, if not more than that. Then outfit your zon with a Lionheart elite light armor. It'll give you tons of life (way more than shaft), very important res all, enhanced damage, +str, etc etc etc. It's awesome mid-priced armor... it's a shame I see no one using it anymore.

--fatty

7. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Ya, I love G-Bane, I have an ethereal 'zodded' gbane, the def is like high 1800's it's awsome, the zod was put into it a couple of days after 1.10, so I might actually be able to unzod it and have it stay indest. but I haven't gotton around to trying .. nor do I think I will, something about makeing a zod go poof on purpose just makes me sad.. but I love the armor .. it rocks!