Gaze or Shako?

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
It would help if you stated the purpose of your bowzon more clearly (like MF runner, exp runner, quest runner...) and approx skills/equip that you're going to use.

Generally, Gaze and Harle aren't very high on my bowzon eq. wishlist (I like to have IAS helms), but if I had 5 seconds to choose between the two, I'd pick Harle - a well rounded helm with MF. Assuming of course, that leech is already available on other equipment pieces.

ZildjianDw

Diabloii.Net Member
Leohappy said:
It would help if you stated the purpose of your bowzon more clearly (like MF runner, exp runner, quest runner...) and approx skills/equip that you're going to use.

Generally, Gaze and Harle aren't very high on my bowzon eq. wishlist (I like to have IAS helms), but if I had 5 seconds to choose between the two, I'd pick Harle - a well rounded helm with MF. Assuming of course, that leech is already available on other equipment pieces.
Im looking to be pvp .
The equip I am useing now is. Hightlords,16060Ias,Goreridders,2xravens,Laying of the hand,and goldwrap

Wmeredith

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're pvp skip the gaze, you don't need the leech, which is the only thing this helm has on a shako. EDITED BY DACAR92

Oh, yeah, and if you're using the Gwrap for the ias, get a nos coil, you don't need GF or MF for PVP. And trade the Gores for War Travs for some extra damage. CB is ultra nerfed for ranged attackers, OW isn't really that great, and as for the DS, with your highlords and Crit. Strike skill you should be fine. I would also switch the LoH for Lava Gouts. LoH main attraction is the +350% dmg to demons: not necessary for PvP, unless you need the Fire Res.

GL

XZON

Diabloii.Net Member
ZildjianDw said:
Im looking to be pvp .
The equip I am useing now is. Hightlords,16060Ias,Goreridders,2xravens,Laying of the hand,and goldwrap
TITANS / SS ON SWITCH?

+2 SKILLS HELP PASSIVES FOR PVP. LEECH IS USELESS PvP. BOTH HAVE DR BUT SHAKO HAS BIG MANA AND LIFE POOL WHICH ARE GREAT FOR PvP SINCE YOU CAN'T LEECH.

LoH are great for PvM but crafted are better for PvP. As long as you are hitting your breakpoints then shako or CoA are best.

ZildjianDw

Diabloii.Net Member
Wmeredith said:
If you're pvp skip the gaze, you don't need the leech, which is the only thing this helm has on a shako. EDITED BY DACAR92

Oh, yeah, and if you're using the Gwrap for the ias, get a nos coil, you don't need GF or MF for PVP. And trade the Gores for War Travs for some extra damage. CB is ultra nerfed for ranged attackers, OW isn't really that great, and as for the DS, with your highlords and Crit. Strike skill you should be fine. I would also switch the LoH for Lava Gouts. LoH main attraction is the +350% dmg to demons: not necessary for PvP, unless you need the Fire Res.

GL
But isnt goreridders better then war travs? Goreridders have +15% Chance of Deadly Strike on them that add's masive damage dosent it?You just cant see it on the damage bar.

HCTwinJava

Diabloii.Net Member
ZildjianDw said:
But isnt goreridders better then war travs? Goreridders have +15% Chance of Deadly Strike on them that add's masive damage dosent it?You just cant see it on the damage bar.
IIRC, it only adds an insignificant advantage to Amazon's attacks.

Here is a quote from bnet:

Deadly Strike
This is a chance of doing double damage. This bonus is applied after skills such as Critical Strike and any other damage bonuses. Critical Strike (CS) and Deadly Strike (DS) exclude each other.

If you have a 33% Deadly Strike item, and 68% Critical Strike Skill the complete chance to get double damage is:

=CS + (DS/100)*(100-CS)
=68% + (33/100)*32%
=68% + 10.56%
=78.56%

ZildjianDw

Diabloii.Net Member
HCTwinJava said:
IIRC, it only adds an insignificant advantage to Amazon's attacks.

Here is a quote from bnet:

Deadly Strike
This is a chance of doing double damage. This bonus is applied after skills such as Critical Strike and any other damage bonuses. Critical Strike (CS) and Deadly Strike (DS) exclude each other.

If you have a 33% Deadly Strike item, and 68% Critical Strike Skill the complete chance to get double damage is:

=CS + (DS/100)*(100-CS)
=68% + (33/100)*32%
=68% + 10.56%
=78.56%
Ok well what should I go with then? Goreridders or War Travs?

Stings

Diabloii.Net Member
war travs is the way to go. Especially since most zons are 300+ dex builds. With that 15-25 dmg added with the travs it gives a dmg boost in the hundreds that really helps. Travs are best overall for a pvp zon.

biko

Diabloii.Net Member
i used 08 gores on my league zon when i played

they have 15% ds, 10 max dmg, 30% frw, -25% req, 65% enhanced def

so basically the same as 09/1.10 gores but with 10 max dmg instead of cb and ow, and lower def

imo the best, but rare

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Go for Gores if pvm, because of DS, CB, OW etc.
Go Wartravellers if pvp, reasons already explained.

As for the helm... Why not Andys visage? sure, setback on fire res, but you can make it up with a ral rune... Nice strength bonus, ias, 2skills etc.

Mr.Popo

Banned
i think u should go with gore rider cuz of ow, not the ds. gore + dracul + other sort of items that gives ow. This will be big source of dmg in pvp.

In pvm u dont need ow, due to fact that monster's life is a lot higher and they heal. ow can only be treated as using for preventing monster heal.