Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

GAT Friends Season Finale

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Bongo Fury, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Bongo Fury

Bongo Fury IncGamers Member

GAT Friends Season Finale

The GAT Friends group continued their quest through 1.10. Our remaining players:
    Camuda - MA Assn
    GF-Breezy - Wind Druid
    GF-Djoe - Singer barb
    GF-Excel - Hybrid Zon
    Bongo-OneTen - M/FO/S Sorc

We started the evening at the Glacial trail, and things proceeded smoothly. It was a little tricky when we went to the Icy Cellar to visit Snapchip. His pet snakes packed quite a wallop. But thanks to our Barb and Druid I had over 3k life. So a potentially deadly trip proved much less so. A few fat juvies proved sufficient. The Frozen Tundra and Infernal Pit passd uneventfully. Though those catapults that threw the little exploding traps lagged me out horribly. So whenever I saw them I ran for my life, only to have to loop around to rejoin the party. By this time we were really rolling and we staemrolled our way to the showdown with the Ancients. And fortune smiled on us again with none of the truly deadly mod combinations. [I tried taking screenies of them to record their mods, but I screwed them up and only got Madawac - Spectral, LE//LI] The battle was over remarkably quickly, I didn't even need to use a potion. And our luck held throughout the Worldstone Keep, none of the 'bad' monsters. So we methodically cleared each level. But when we reached the Throne of Destruction, it was time for payback; Burning Souls and Dolls. It's fortunate things had gone easily to this point, so we all had plenty of Purples. And we needed them all. I foolishly ran into the first intersection and got hammered. I realized my mistake immediately, so I ran, and six large grape nehi's later I was panting hard back at the stairs. Whew. We continued on cautiously, but I think we all had spots where the purples were flowing. After that the waves of minions seened easy, quickly falling in their successive waves. Then it was time to settle matters with Baal. Down we charged, and swarmed him. He was quite active teleporting back and forth, but he never left his gangway. It took a while to wittle him away, but we were never really threatened, before he barfed his guts out. So we were back in town celebrating our new Guardian status when Coldpaly reminded us we had forgotten Nilathuk. It was getting late, so we proceeded straight for him without doing full clears of each level along the way. On Nilathuks level his pet blue snakes proved to be quite nasty, so our last quest was not going to prove easy. Especially when we didn't find him till the fourth wing we checked. Unfortunately we had a fatality on the third one, GF-Breezy, our Druid, fell in a hail od BS from the snakes. Quite sad to see someone fall at this point, but we would not be stopped at this point. Shouting 'revenge for Breezy' we went for the final battle. And it darned near killes us all. My life was down bwlow 1700 because of Breezy's death, so when I took a CE from a fallen monster it left me with the smallest sliver. But I still had a few juvies left, and a comrade had to be avenged. So we got in on the pasty faced one, and he fell quickly.

So our quest came to an end. What started with twenty something at the release of 1.10 resulted in four surviving Guardians. Thank yo uto everyone who participated. It was a great time, and the memories of this team will last a long time.

The Monday group would have finished this week as well. But we started back one WP, and when the first wave of minions appeared, our game crashed. So we still have dates with Baal and Nilathuk on Monday. I'll update this post with their details afterwards.

It's been a great run the last three and a half seasons with the GAT Friends groups. But I think I'm ready to move on with something else. Thanks to everyone who has played and helped out in the last 15 months. It was a VERY good time.

And keep your eyes out for a new team idea, whenever I decide just what I'd like to try. Anyone have any suggestions?

Regards-
    Mark

Bongo-Fury

2. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Wow ... I can relate this.

In the very first KTA Team, my necro KTA-Shaz died the exact same way, zapped by those Tomb Vipers while going after Nik in Hell.

Glad to hear the rest of the team was able to extract revenge for Breezy's unfortunate death.

Regards
    Syxx

3. Omega

Omega IncGamers Member

Congrats to Gat Friends team. It's been fun to play with you all. I missed the third season of GAT friends game due to the game time (work schedule etc) and I was fallen behind on the quest. I think I stopped Gat friend's game (3rd season - patch 1.10) since last December 2003. But I did enjoy the 1st and 2nd season of GAT friend game (patch 1.09).

4. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Mark,

Excellent story telling... I wish I could have continued with the GF crew... however that was not to be.

I'm very proud of the folks who chose to stick with the group... it has been a long haul for you all.

Congrats to those who made GUARDIANSHIP... and RIP GF-Breezy....

5. Haplon

Haplon IncGamers Member

It was really great playing with a team where each player assumed their role automatically and all were so experienced that very little communication was required.Djoe and Breezy took alot of the lumps up front and led the way,Camuda true to his character slipped in and out creating havoc with Pheonix and Bongo forgetting he is a sorc and trying to go toe to toe then remembering he did have a meteor spell. As the hybrid Zon I tried to keep on the tails of our shields and support as quickly as possible-from the safety of the back row of course.

Breezy helped enact his own vengence by bringing in his lvl 92 summoning Necro-skellies trouncing vipers.

All in all it was a great experience made even better by the quality of the individuals participating.

6. BofW

BofW IncGamers Member

I am not sure if it is still 1.10 viable... but the Goldilocks game that we played was quite a good time.
    3 Druids who use bear form only. The bears are allowed gear, but no twinking.
    5 Sorcs who are not allowed to use gear at all (naked).

We had a really good time and did fairly well through nightmare if I remember correctly.
    Each bear used a different spirit and the sorcs basically each took an element.
    One of the more fun team games that I played.

7. Bongo Fury

Bongo Fury IncGamers Member

As promised, the conclusion of the Monday GAT Friends group.

Our players:
    Djoe-Skelly - Skellimancer
    GF-Hutton - Sorc
    QuiverOfPain - Zon
    TrapperBongoMD - Assn

Our game dropped last week when we were at the Minions, so we started the evening at the WK2. It didn't start out very good, I dropped twice before I made it to the WP. Then the game dumped us all out when we made it to WK3. Surprisingly, we had no problems thereafter. No problems on WK2 & 3, we got very kind monster mixes, no OK's or Gloams. The Throne level had OK's, but they only killed my merc once and we quickly made it to the throne room. With Djoe's skellies to tank, and Coldplay, Cat and I laying on the firepower from range, the waves of minions passed safely. Then on the battle with Baal, which took a while to whittle him down. But we were never really in danger. I doubt if even one skelly died. He was kind enough to drop a Lightsaber and [some big unique sword, which no one took]. The one remaining item on out dance card was a visit to Nilathuk. And given our fatality there last Thursday, it was with some trepidation. The various hall levels passed quite well, lots of monsters, treasure and experience. The best item to fall was a Glimmer-something [unique flying axe]. So we entered Nilathuks level with anticipation. To our relief there were no snakes [Indiana Jones isn't the only one who hates snakes]. We methodically cleared the level, then proceeded to Nilathuk. Between my DS and Djoe we kept the floor clean of bodies, so the battle was smooth as silk.

So ended the final chapter of the GAT Friends group. Four more fresh Guardians. FYI, questing through the entire game, clearing all areas left almost all characters at L85.

Thanks to all who participated, and made this a truely wonderful experience.

I'm still considering what kind of team I'd like to try next. You may have forgotten Will, but I sub'd on the Goldy team a time or two. Not sure if that team would be viable in 1.10, I fear it might be more tedious than fun. Oh well, I'll come up with something.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the GAT Friends groups the last 15 months. And thanks to Darkesnite for setting the whole thing in motion.